Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cool HoSS Map Contest - Win Auggie's Gift Cards!

HoSS Map Contest

HoSS is looking to include some maps in its May Release. To do that, we've decided to turn to the community for help. We're hoping to get some maps to use for the release out of this contest. We know some of you like creating scenario maps, so we are looking for those too, not just competitive.

Entries will be due April 21st

Guidelines
  1. Maps should be submitted with build instructions in either VirtualScape or PDF format and have at least one VirtualScape image or photo as well.
  2. Maps should have feasible terrain requirements. (Not more than a few Master Sets/Expansions)
  3. Maps must be modeled after one of the 3 locales listed below.
  4. You may make a maximum of three entries, one for each locale.
  5. List the type of map this is. (Casual, Competitive, or Scenario)
Prizes
  • Entries may be revised at any time before deadline.
  • We have a $10 Auggie's Gift Card for the winner, as well as 2 $5 Gift Cards for the runner-ups.
  • If you're interested, you will also be granted a temporary pass to the Sanctum if one of your maps wins one of those prizes.
Locales

Yavin IV
Spoiler Alert!

Tatooine
Spoiler Alert!

Death Star
Spoiler Alert!

You'll probably have to get creative and stretch the imagination with the terrain. Good luck!

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; April 21st, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:37 AM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HoSS Map Contest - Win Auggie's Gift Cards!

Looks cool. I'm willing to try.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Now to get started on building maps for this. I have an idea for each one so I'm gonna run with them and test them out.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; March 22nd, 2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like to submit The Streets of Mos Eisley. It requires 2 Masters sets and 2 Castle Sets
It's built to be a small skirmish map, and rewards good manuerving of your troops. I infringed on the start some on purpose. The maps not meant for Viper swarms, if you know what I mean. I think a 16 hex start zone would probably work for it, but it would be better for a prebuilt scenario I think.

Download link: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...reets-hsc.html

Last edited by orgsbane; March 22nd, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'll look into it.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

So glad this is up, and cannot wait to see everyone's submissions. Should be a great contest!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:17 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Should we have this be a closed submission (ie. by PM)? This would make it more fair for voting purposes.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Should we have this be a closed submission (ie. by PM)? This would make it more fair for voting purposes.
HoSS members are taking all of them into consideration privately and then revealing a winner and runner-ups. I believe anyways.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:50 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

I think I'll give this a shot.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I'm very excited about this too! Get those map juices flowing!
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I got some cool ideas for Yavin 4. Exepr I'll never be able to build them! Curse high prices on RttFF!
Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'll see what I can come up with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games