Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 25th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Judge Fire(Public Playtesting)

Thanks TrollBrute.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You have been the closest to this whole dark judge faction T and I trust you here to make the right call. If you are comfortable going forward then you have my support.
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:24 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks Yodaking.

I would be more than comfortable with raising Fire 10-30 points if we lower Death the same amount.

Would love to hear from the playtesters. A little Playtesters Forum.
@fret_gurglo
@Arkham
@Ronin

I am not against more playtests but this guy has been in the oven for awhile now.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I would be more than comfortable with raising Fire 10-30 points if we lower Death the same amount.
I already know it won't be a popular idea but I'm in favor of these common sense type of fixes. If after 2 years (?) it has become obvious the Judge Death is overpriced by those who use him most often then rather then try and make up for it by under-pricing his latest partner then just lower his price and call it a day. Each card needs to stand on it's own when not played together.

30 points sound like way too big of a swing though. Drop death by 10 points, add 10 to Fire and lets move on to a new faction. It is always hardest doing that first member of a team since you know they will eventually benefit from being part of a team but you don't have the other members done yet to know exactly how much of a benefit it will be. Now that we are at the end point, it seems to me that Fire is more of the lynch pin in this group with his ability to move everyone into place. So the 'group' cost bump should be on his card.
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Fire is the guy holding the team together, which is why dropping Death and packing in extra Undead goodies is a stronger strategy. Definitely agreed that he should be up 20-30 points. Bringing Death down that much would be fine for the purposes of a Dark Judges build.

Unfortunately, Death is still viable outside of his more thematic synergies (thanks, Fire Ants), so I don't think you could get away with just nosing his cost downward. He'd really need the full Reevaluation process. I know we haven't hit anybody for Reevaluation due to being underpowered yet, but I think this thread makes a pretty good case for getting Death into that queue. The Dark Judges have been tested as a unit pretty heavily here, and he's coming up short.
Old June 25th, 2016, 04:15 PM

The thing is they already are competitive at 800.
They are already paying a Judge Death tax.
By raising Fire you now have a group that costs more than the Wrecking Crew but nowhere near their power level.
So the end result is never play Judge Death with them which is not exactly ideal considering he is supposed to be the leader.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 25th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I am in favor of raising Fire's cost and lowering Death's to keep them at 800, I just think the Reevaluation process is necessary for that second part.
Old June 25th, 2016, 04:38 PM

If the Dark Judges were in the Inner Sanctum like TMNT, Death could be changed at will.
Since he is released I suppose he is chained.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 25th, 2016, 05:40 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Dropping Death by 20 and raising Fire by 10 seems reasonable to me.
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Unfortunately, Death is still viable outside of his more thematic synergies (thanks, Fire Ants), so I don't think you could get away with just nosing his cost downward. He'd really need the full Reevaluation process. I know we haven't hit anybody for Reevaluation due to being underpowered yet, but I think this thread makes a pretty good case for getting Death into that queue. The Dark Judges have been tested as a unit pretty heavily here, and he's coming up short.

Outside of wording and minor changes for ruling/clarity cases, we avoid making changes to designs once released; but for designs that need it, the reeval process is set up for just that. I'd be fine seeing Judge Death go through the process, though I agree with Ronin that his use outside of Dark Judge builds could make it tough to actually change his cost.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Symbiotic

Fwiw, I don't think Death's other synergies are so good that a 20-30 point drop would be a crazy boost, but I think you need to go the extra mile and take him through the whole Reeval process to make sure.

Even if his other synergies were too big an issue to lower his points as he stands, putting him through Reeval would give you a chance to make a couple power tweaks to get him where he needs to be. I know you're not totally satisfied with how Death turned out, so it seems like that would be a good opportunity for a little refurbishing.
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:15 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I think adding some sort of mechanic to sort of force the opponent into attacking Death rather than allowing them to ignore him, would solve everything, much like how Jason works. What that mechanic is, I'm not sure, or if it's even something you could thematically justify.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library