Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 25th, 2016, 03:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Rover - Design Phase

Beat Cops don't have mutant synergy though or are able to carry figures around with them.

I just think pairing him up with the 280+ point mutants will drive his price point and make him no longer a good option to pair up with the 100-200 point mutants as he won't earn back his points in those team-ups. The 100-200 level mutants are the ones I'd like to see this guy protecting though, he is suppose to be protecting those who are in need of protection not the body guard of kings. I don't know how to do that without referencing points but we should try to come up with a way to have him protecting those most in need of protection.
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Beat Cops don't have mutant synergy though or are able to carry figures around with them.

I just think pairing him up with the 280+ point mutants will drive his price point and make him no longer a good option to pair up with the 100-200 point mutants as he won't earn back his points in those team-ups. The 100-200 level mutants are the ones I'd like to see this guy protecting though, he is suppose to be protecting those who are in need of protection not the body guard of kings. I don't know how to do that without referencing points but we should try to come up with a way to have him protecting those most in need of protection.
Well I don't see how opposing the power up to all Mutants is going to encourage you to play him with weaker units. If Magneto's his best combo, that's what will get played.

Also, I don't get where the idea that he only protects weaker Mutants comes from. No matter which version of Rover you're looking at, he's just developed a strong bond with one person, be it Tom Skylark or Polaris. He's not some "Defender of the Weak!", he's a projector of those close to him. And he's usually portrayed in a dystopian future where all Mutants are in need of protection.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old June 25th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Do you think there would be a way to make a Tom Skylark card worth the effort and add some kind of bonding to that card or is choosing a companion enough to do it justice here?
Meant to reply to this yesterday, but I was stuck on a phone with crappy signal. I prefer A/1, but the B/2 (Mutant-friendly with a non-bonding companion power) options would also be okay for me, under the premise that the relevant thematic companions could beef up their synergy with Rover if/when they get designed.

(Not sure about Tom Skylark, whose odds of getting a mini seem doubtful, but I'm definitely hoping to see Juston in C3G at some point)
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

How about:

Quote:
??? COMPANION
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human or Mutant Hero you control to be Rover's Companion. After revealing an Order Marker on the chosen Companion's card and before taking a turn with that figure, you may take an immediate turn with Rover. During this turn, Rover can only attack figures engaged with the chosen Companion and rolls 1 additional attack die. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures except the chosen Companion.

DESTROY!
If Rover's Companion or a Mutant figure adjacent to Rover would receive one or more wounds from an attack, Rover must receive those wounds instead. If he does, and the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Rover, the attacking figure receives one wound.

CARRY or DOUBLE CARRY
This leaves the design open to its various interpretations, but keeps it mostly focused on Mutants. If he comes in too powerful there are plenty of tweaks that can be made (removing the attack boost from the bonding, limiting the protector power farther, etc.).

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 27th, 2016, 08:41 AM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
How about:

Quote:
??? COMPANION
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human or Mutant Hero you control to be Rover's Companion. After revealing an Order Marker on the chosen Companion's card and before taking a turn with that figure, you may take an immediate turn with Rover. During this turn, Rover can only attack figures engaged with the chosen Companion and rolls 1 additional attack die. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures except the chosen Companion.

DESTROY!
If Rover's Companion or a Mutant figure adjacent to Rover would receive one or more wounds from an attack, Rover must receive those wounds instead. If he does, and the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Rover, the attacking figure receives one wound.

CARRY or DOUBLE CARRY
This leaves the design open to its various interpretations, but keeps it mostly focused on Mutants. If he comes in too powerful there are plenty of tweaks that can be made (removing the attack boost from the bonding, limiting the protector power farther, etc.).

My .
I could roll with that if the group preference is to open up the defensive power. It's solid, but shouldn't be much better than the Mutant Sidekicks or Zombie.

Old June 29th, 2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
NAME = ROVER

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 20

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

SENTINEL COMPANION

DESTROY!

CARRY
Before moving Rover, you may choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Rover. After you move Rover, place the chosen figure adjacent to Rover.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
The more I think about this, the more I like it and I think it's a solid compromise between what everyone wants. I've updated the SP with this, and I propose we move to Initial Testing with the above design.

Old June 29th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Rover - Vote for Initial Testing!

Yea

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 29th, 2016, 09:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good to me

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 30th, 2016, 02:14 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

One last question before I vote, we don't want him rolling defense dice here instead of just taking wounds? He is going to have a better def. than many mutants so why not have him roll def. instead of the adj. mutant/companion? With only 3 life, taking wounds when someone else rolls 4 def. dice on an attack is going to be brutal. I'd almost not want to have him adj. to my companion (unless it is Blob) if I can help it. I'd also like to see the base att. moved up to 4. I get he is a damaged Sentinel put together with spare parts, a -1 att./-1 def. modifier seems sufficient. No need to -2 to att.
Old June 30th, 2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
One last question before I vote, we don't want him rolling defense dice here instead of just taking wounds? He is going to have a better def. than many mutants so why not have him roll def. instead of the adj. mutant/companion? With only 3 life, taking wounds when someone else rolls 4 def. dice on an attack is going to be brutal. I'd almost not want to have him adj. to my companion (unless it is Blob) if I can help it. I'd also like to see the base att. moved up to 4. I get he is a damaged Sentinel put together with spare parts, a -1 att./-1 def. modifier seems sufficient. No need to -2 to att.
Both are for balance reasons, and the former is for mechanical ones as well. Rolling defense dice is a fiddly mechanic and I much prefer the cleaner taking wounds. For the 3 Attack, I have it there because if you're attacking with him it's mostly going to be with the attack boost from Sentinel Companion. We'll see what testing shows though, and we can always bump it back up.

Old June 30th, 2016, 01:00 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Definitely a really strong design. Carry, wound-soak, defensive power that inflicts wounds, and free bonding for a human or mutant. Every part of his power set hits metagame sweet spots.

Of course mutants already have their sidekicks and other companions/bonding options, but carry and the defensive power put him past the other sidekicks in my mind. And generic human heroes don't really have anything that compares, at least in the OM-keeping bonding department. He blows past Bucky and Zombie as the best partner for C3G Captain America, for instance.

Rover, C3G Cap, Star-Lord, Deadpool, Harley? Looks pretty strong.

Last edited by dok; June 30th, 2016 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Add Carnage or Zombie or maybe Scorpion if you want to use every Avenger Marker
Old June 30th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What do you think of him without the Sentinel Companion power? Better or still too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library