Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy
ok. that is weird. that picture...is very disturbing...so are some of the people on this board though...I mean 40 year old guys playing a game like this...I mean it is kind of weird isn't it?
Abnormal, wierd.. maybe. Just ask yourself, what are you going to be doing that is so worth not having fun at 40? Paying bills? Making your kids clean thier rooms? Working non-stop?

I think it's a shame that games are abnormal for 40 year olds.
Old January 12th, 2008, 02:54 PM

sashiel has disabled reputation
If I'm not gaming when I'm 40, I better be dead.
Old January 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Is that so? Well I don't have to pay bills and stuff like that, so I have more money for this kind of stuff. I also have a "job". I deliver the paper. So I am LOADED!!!
Old January 13th, 2008, 06:03 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
ok. that is weird. that picture...is very disturbing...so are some of the people on this board though...I mean 40 year old guys playing a game like this...I mean it is kind of weird isn't it?
What do you mean? You can even be younger than 40 it says on the box 8 year olds can play this game.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 13th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Quote:
What do you mean? You can even be younger than 40 it says on the box 8 year olds can play this game.
Codeman, you are old. You even have a Drivers License.
Old January 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM

Thordain has disabled reputation
Quote:
I think this line of thinking is a double standard. Would you think a 40 year-old sports enthusiast is immature? Probably not. Last time I checked, though, watching an NFL match was literally watching a ton of grown men play a children's game, and getting paid millions for it. Painting your shirtless body and blowing an air horn in support of your team doesn't scream "I'm a responsible middle-class American!" to me, but I don't have anything against them or think less of them, they're just having fun and I don't have a problem with that.

The truth is, I bet a lot of those fans used to play football as kids/teens, but now they don't have the time for it. They do have marriages, kids, bills, and jobs. Their interests haven't changed, their interests grew up.

I watch tokusatsu, which is Japanese slang for special effects but implies a specific genre which includes henshin (transform/transforming) heroes. Basically, I watch Japanese Power Rangers. I watched Power Rangers as a child, and I still like to watch spandex clad men beat up on rubber suit monsters, but now Power Rangers doesn't hold my interest like it used to. So what did I do? I found a more "grown up" Power Rangers. Japan isn't afraid to kill off their main characters, or make their reasons for fighting a more adult theme like revenge or malice. I can appreciate a more adult tone while still enjoying my childhood pastime. Most likely I'll be getting up to watch them early in the morning with my kids. One of the actors, in an interview for the upcoming "Japanese Power Rangers Movie", so to speak, was asked "Who do you look forward to showing this movie to the most?" His response? "My dad, he's a big 'Japanese Power Rangers' fan."

I'm sure a lot of the older Heroscapers were the kind of guys that played D&D in high school/college, or read Lord of the Rings, et cetera. Now they don't have time to sit down with their buddies and go on three hour dungeon crawls, however, they do have time to set down with their son and play Heroscape for an hour. They can enjoy their hobbies in a way that's more appropriate for their busier lifestyle. Is it really fair to call the Heroscape fan odd but let the sports fan slide? Why don't you cut them some slack. You're fourteen, right? I read an article that stated that with the exception of a few small changes, people are basically who they are when they reach about sixteen years old. All of their thoughts, opinions, beliefs, and hobbies don't drastically change, they just become more refined and mature. Do you see yourself drastically changing in two years? You'll probably find something along the lines of Heroscape when you reach your forties, too, or maybe you'll dig it out of the attic and play with your kids one day.
Old January 13th, 2008, 07:25 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Quote:
Codeman, you are old. You even have a Drivers License.
Yep it is in my wallet right next to my AARP card.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
No, age is relative. Now asking a question that has been asked and officially answered by the designers on the Hasbro HeroScape website FAQs, now that's weird!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:18 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Let's see: baseball, football, model trains, movies, chess... There are lots of activities both the young and the not-so-young participate in. People much older that you contributed to bringing you the very games you enjoy so much, be it the development team or management that thought it was a good idea.

Your views of what is "weird" may change over the next 24 years.
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
You gotta watch yourself around some of those old guys. I just today played a 2-on-2 game with my dad (66) as my teammate, and we came as close to a Heroscape shutout as I ever have, due more to him than to me. Do not underestimate them.

There are some games I would think a grown person should be ashamed to play, but I don't see any reason to count Heroscape among them. (At least not the Master game.) I just got Taboo for Christmas-- now that is a little embarrasing to have on my shelf!
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think Heroscape Elffy is afraid of getting his booty handed to himself if he were to play HeroScape with anyone that can actually grow hair beyond those on the top of his head and doesn't have a high squeaky girlish voice of a child. This was just his own defense mechanism kicking in due to his own shortcomings ...

Don't screw with people that older than you they take advantage of their vast knowledge to create really mean posts especially when they've been offended for no reason whatsoever ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Yes you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcBlade
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...er=asc&start=0

Basically, the answer is yes you can attack your own characters, but a character may not attack himself (suicide as it were). The self attack thing actually came up in my game last night.

This came up for us very early on when an opponent drafted a Viking champion for the purpose of killing him. Personally I think it may be better to wait until he dies on his own or until tactically another figure in a much more advantageous position could use the Spirit bonus more effectively than the Viking could use whaever life he has left.
A coworker told me about playing Marvelscape with his son. He used Doom's mindshackle-esque power on one of his son's figures. I can't remember specifics, but he mentioned that he was thinking of making his son's Hulk figure attack himself/suicide. I told him that you can't do that within the framework of the rules. He was saying that it should be allowed in that particular case because Doom is that diabolical, and Hulk is that stupid. I wouldn't allow it in a game, but I do like his rationale.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's