Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old January 29th, 2008, 04:36 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottManDeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljovin
To Wizards:

Will you be supporting Heroscape in other languages than English? I'm thinking specifically French for the Canadian and European market.
Well, I brought some US HS to Germany to play with my friends and family, and there were no problems. However, we've been playing with English MtG cards for many years (they are cheaper, internationally usable, and there are no translation errors as it happened so often with German MtG cards), so it wasn't much of a big deal.
I totally agree: italian HS translations are the worst i ever see in a game.
BUT
If they plans to translate the game, they plans to export it for sure. If not, then we have only to hope.

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old January 29th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc
WOTC: Are you going to continue trying to expand the fan base of Heroscape or are you going to focus more on the current fans?

The clearest answer would be a percentage of importance you put on current versious new fans.
Importance of current fans to the game's success: 100%.
Importance of gaining new fans to the game's success: 100%.

We need both, plain and simple. To that end, there's a fine line we have to walk between accessibility (simple, clear rules), and keeping people interested (clever, new mechanics).
My, what a ... diplomatic ... answer. You know, you have your choice of alternative careers if this game designer gig gets stale. You could either run for president or launch an entirely new branch of mathematics.

Quote:
...However, I think you're right - we do have a habit of not giving enough support to games that are going through change, and that's a habit that I want to break us out of. (I don't want to use the term "struggling games" because Heroscape is definitely not struggling)
But as your Presidential campaign advisor I would really recommend toning down statements like this. May I join the general accolades of your saintlike straightforwardness.

Thank you Paul, (wotcpbarclay) for working for us.
And thank you Grungebob and bad_calvin for the first page summary.
Old January 29th, 2008, 07:04 AM

ReqMan is surprisingly tart
Hi there, I have 2 questions for wotcpbarclay...

1. Does this mean that WotC will start distributing Heroscape in Australia as well? So far, we've had nothing down under, so it's a huge untapped market here.

2. Is WotC and Heroscape making an appearance at GenCon-Australia? (July 3-6, http://www.genconoz.com/ ) If so, this would be massive new for us Oz heroscape fans.

Thanks
Old January 29th, 2008, 10:58 AM

lhhgbh has disabled reputation
Australia is a HUGE untapped market and from other collectibles I am part of, I have seen some really good following down there.

I appreciate the break in spending on HS pieces, but come on already!
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM

aerofool Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReqMan
Hi there, I have 2 questions for wotcpbarclay...

1. Does this mean that WotC will start distributing Heroscape in Australia as well? So far, we've had nothing down under, so it's a huge untapped market here.

2. Is WotC and Heroscape making an appearance at GenCon-Australia? (July 3-6, http://www.genconoz.com/ ) If so, this would be massive new for us Oz heroscape fans.

Thanks
I think this was answered before in regards to other countries (Canada, anywhere in the EU). I am sure the answer will be the same for Australia.

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:04 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I agree with Faustus... why try to package the terrain and the hero packs together at all?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
To Wizards:

Will you be supporting Heroscape in other languages than English? I'm thinking specifically French for the Canadian and European market.
Not at this time, but maybe sometime in the future.
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:54 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
To Wizards:

This is definitive:
i don't think you suppose that a 8 years old child have to read a foreign language.
HS will be a US game. Sad.

Old January 29th, 2008, 01:56 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
Quote:
Quote:
To Wizards:

This is definitive:
i don't think you suppose that a 8 years old child have to read a foreign language.
Has anyone considered doing some translations and posting them here? Just a thought....

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
Quote:
Quote:
To Wizards:

This is definitive:
That isn't definative at all. WotC has translators and makes other games in a variety of other languages. Not at this time, means not at this time. Production of such things is not easy and is time consuming but if they think there is a market for it they will translate Heroscape into other languages.

Now, it is possible if some players who speak another language were to translate cards, rules and whatever else into that new language that members here and other players could easily customize that translation into actual stuff for the game.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
What I would like to know is if there are any plans on changing the packaging to eliminate the tie downs in the box, remove any assembly needed, etc. It takes me 5-10 minutes to remove large expansions and put them together and it drives me crazy! :P Also the way wave packs are put together I almost always have to bend the cards to get the thing apart, can we get something less destructive? Too much sealed plastic is bad for the environment anyway.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman
That isn't definative at all. WotC has translators and makes other games in a variety of other languages. Not at this time, means not at this time. Production of such things is not easy and is time consuming but if they think there is a market for it they will translate Heroscape into other languages.

Now, it is possible if some players who speak another language were to translate cards, rules and whatever else into that new language that members here and other players could easily customize that translation into actual stuff for the game.

R~
I personally don't need so much a translation (and not at all if done as it was done fore Waves 1 & 2).
But i "sum" some sentence (if i've misundertood something then sorry):
- WotC are not re-printing old waves
- They want to keep the young target
- Actually there's no plans to print the actual expansions in foreign languages
So, they can't target my sons right now, and they will maybe try to catch them in the future..... after some years of full absence of HS in our market.
The only hopes i can try to keep alive are:
- there's wave 3 translated but not already shipped here
- they will restart the foreign market with a brand new Master Set and then with new expansions.
In any case i will not see a LOT of things i was hoping to see (wave 3 to 8, and terrains), and sincerely i don't think that my hopes have a single chance.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News