Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old March 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Watchmen movie....link to pictures!

I thoroughly enjoyed "300" so I am really looking forward to Watchmen, by the same director.

I found a link to the first costume pictures...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/03...60/imgs_1.html

There are some shots of sets and such there too. Enjoy. I wonder when the first trailer will hit...this is one of those movies where I'm looking forward to the preview like it's the release.
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Hmm... though, admittantly, I've never actually READ Watchmen, but it doesn't seem like it would translate well to film.

Maybe if they reduce it to base form and cut off the fat it could work... but I don't see it being all that good.
Old March 6th, 2008, 11:03 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
If anyone's gonna do it, I think Snyder's the man. His "300" was so stylistically perfect - perhaps the only comic book movie that I know of (as opposed to movies about comic books).

The costumes don't look very enticing in the stills, but I'm sure they're really going to come to life in the film. Watchmen is such a great book that I'm really interested to see what they do with it here. And actually, it's so good that I probably won't be too disappointed if they mess it up as I'm not sure how anyone could do it true justice.

Thanks for the link!
Old March 7th, 2008, 12:24 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Hmm... though, admittantly, I've never actually READ Watchmen, but it doesn't seem like it would translate well to film.

Maybe if they reduce it to base form and cut off the fat it could work... but I don't see it being all that good.
Well ya gotta read it before you can say one way or the other! Even if you don't like comics (I was never into them until recent years) it is a true masterwork.

I think it can translate to film. Some stuff will have to be trimmed, but there's really not a ton of "fat" on the story. Some of the pirate stuff should go (even though Snyder has said he's leaving some of that in) and of course the prose sections aren't essential to the plot, but most of the scenes involving the main characters are pretty key. I think this will be a long movie...if they can cram it into less than two and a half hours (the usual time frame movie chains like to run) I'll be really surprised, and eager to see how they restructure the story to meet that time. Back when this was being talked about as an HBO miniseries in 10 or 12 parts I thoguht that sounded about right. I imagine if you condense things, combine scenes, trim out the true periphery, and so on you could get everything essential to the plot into a 3 hour movie, just barely...and it would be a fast-paced movie. Less than that and you start losing things...you'll have to change dialogue around and really work to get all the essential info across. If this comes in at under TWO hours, something is seriously missing.
Old March 7th, 2008, 12:31 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
These pictures look great. Rorschach looks perfect, I must say. As for the pirate stuff, I heard that it will be filmed, but a lot will only be on the DVD.
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:19 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
These pictures look great. Rorschach looks perfect, I must say. As for the pirate stuff, I heard that it will be filmed, but a lot will only be on the DVD.
That's what I've heard too. It's a shame that theaters screening limitations are impacting film length so much. If a movie needs to be three hours it should be three hours....if it needs to be four it should be four. In all the years I've been going to movies, I've only twice had the privilege of getting an intermission...."Gettysburg" and Kenneth B's "Hamlet." As someone who does a lot of work in live theatre, I LOVE intermissions like old movies used to have. Green Mile and Lord of the Rings were darn hard on the bladder.

I know theaters get less shows in, but I think the concession boost would make up for it. I mean that's the main profit center for a lot of chains anyway.

I also love when they put the intermission on the DVD release like they did for Laurence of Arabia or Gone with the Wind or Ben-Hur. Overtures, Exit Music, and Intermission. That's just pure awesome.
Old March 7th, 2008, 05:15 AM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart
I do not think this will be a good movie.

It might look great, but judging Snyder from 300, the substance will lack. You might be able to get away with that in 300, where action is the mainstay, but Watchmen is a very dialouge/inner monolouge type of book, and will not translate well.

Look at the amazing job Hollywood did on my favorite Moore book, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I died a little inside after seeing that movie.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old March 7th, 2008, 06:00 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
yeah all more movies wehre bad or change much too much.

lxg was 99,9% new
from hell they change too much from the orginal comic
vendetta the same and something of the context.

watchen is to big for a 90 or 120 minutes film..

ok if they throw all the novelstuff away but that is importent,. even the pirat story (in the movie a anime) a hbo series would been better.

so im real nervos what will come at last.

i want a 6 hour movie.
Old March 7th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Those images don't look too encouraging. I might not catch this one in the theaters just so I don't get a bad taste in my mouth. I feel pretty attached to the wonderful source material.
And I'd echo - if you're into superheroes at all and you haven't read this, you really should. Best superhero graphic novel ever written. Period.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
I don't like the looks of it. After watching 300, which I truly hated, I will avoid this. I like the graphic novel, but it could be really distasteful and hard to enjoy as a movie. I especially could not bear to see that "all the little children" guy as Rorshach. That would kill me. It's o.k. if they screw up Batman or Superman or the Hulk, because you know it will be "reimagined" again at some point. This is a one-shot deal, though.

By the way, tied for my favorite comic movie:
Mystery Men and Batman Begins (try to ignore Katie Holmes)
Old March 7th, 2008, 08:52 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman
After watching 300, which I truly hated

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sure LGX sucked, but V was aweseome!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies