Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 12th, 2007, 05:27 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav11111
I love Disc Golf! We don't call it folf or frolf
Do you call it dolf?
Haha, no it's eather Disc golf or just Disc. Also on the topic of pro discs, they are just a little stronger then normal discs. I personally like the champion and Star series of discs. The first time I threw one I noticed a big increase in distance. Plus I havn't had one break on me yet.
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:00 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek
No, you don't need a dozen discs to have fun. I have probably eight or so and I need a new putter.
All you really need is about three.

1. Driver - To maximize your distance on longer holes. They tend to be overstable and will fade hard to the left as they slow down for a right handed player.

2. mid-range - For shorter holes. They tend to not fade as much as a driver. I like the Roc or the Shark.

3. putter - They are the most like a regular frisbee. I like the soft putters like a Magnet or Avatar.

There are a ton of different discs for turning right, rolling, s-curves and so on.
Now I might just have to go pitch a few after work.
Yeaaaaa Right

Just like HS all you need is the master set

Is this why I have 25-35 discs stacked up around the house ( I think my disc bag in my car has 10 or 12 discs in also )

We still have to do some DG in Ames yet, as well as some more scape.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
FYI
I am in the planing stages of building a disc golf course in Tree Town! I have park board approval and have a couple of requests in for money to fund the project. Should have a nice course next year along the Winnebago River and next to the city campground. With any luck we can put in a few tees and poles yet this fall.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:47 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I get away during my lunch hour to the local reservior course (probly the best in the state, and we have some good ones) whenever I can. Made it out today and played 10 holes. Was a little cooler finally. I've helped put a couple of courses in the ground down here, used to go to a fair amount of tourneys before my kids were born. My wife really enjoyed it and we had a lot of fun with it.

I've been known to be in a lake fishing out my discs on January 1... freaking heat down here. On #6 actually...

North MS is a DG paradise, thank goodness b/c my inlaws are up there so I have to visit every so often.

H
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:49 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
I get away during my lunch hour to the local reservior course (probly the best in the state, and we have some good ones) whenever I can. Made it out today and played 10 holes. Was a little cooler finally. I've helped put a couple of courses in the ground down here, used to go to a fair amount of tourneys before my kids were born. My wife really enjoyed it and we had a lot of fun with it.

I've been known to be in a lake fishing out my discs on January 1... freaking heat down here. On #6 actually...

North MS is a DG paradise, thank goodness b/c my inlaws are up there so I have to visit every so often.

H

ye actually in jackson ms man? how far offa 20?
I pass by there at least twice a year on my way back home to atlanta on vacation.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:39 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
not far, Rod. PM'd you. Stop by and we'll go throw - or scape.
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:43 PM

This weekend Forest City ( Home of the Tree Town Open ) is having Frontier Days ( Town Celebration ). Part of the game activities is a disc puting competition that Jormi is coming down and helping me out to run. Just make 4 out of 7 and win a disc - up to one shot from each distance 15', 20', 25', 30', 35', 40', 45'. Trying to generate some interest in our new disc golf course which I hope to start pouring a few Tees and Poles yet this fall.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:04 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
I hope you guys don't flame me for this but, what is disc golf? I've never heard about it.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
I hope you guys don't flame me for this but, what is disc golf? I've never heard about it.
or Disc Golf Entry at Wikipedia
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
or Disc Golf Entry at Wikipedia
If your serious check out this link:

http://www.pdga.com/

or here are some pictures

.Tee

Approach

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Cool, thanks guys, it looks pretty neat.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:06 AM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Re: Any other Disc Golfers here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
I was just wondering if anyone esle enoys playing disc golf. I am lucky enough to have a coarse not far from my house so I go every day. I am also a part of WADGE: Wausau Area Disc Golf Enthusiasts, and a part of League in which all the disc golfers meet and play for money.
do you mean annoys? how do you annoy a game?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General