Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker
Sat July 24th Southwest Indianapolis, IN Gencon warm up!!!

It's that time again, folks!
It's been a busy year so far, so I apologize for not having a June Event. The May event was great and we raised some money for the American Cancers Society, so that is cool.
I will be hosting an event on Saturday July 24th in Mooresville IN at Grace Church (located at 4172 E. Allison Road Camby IN, 46113). We will start at noon. I will have 16 maps set up (for up to 32 players). No entry fee, but there will be some cool trophy-ish prizes for the top 3.
Since this is a Gencon Warm up, I am going to copy a templete for an event at Gencon called "Heroes only"

Description: Open to all players, 32 positions. 4 round swiss tournament with 1 game final. Players bring order markers, wound markers, dice, cards, and a pre-drafted 550 point Heroscape (no Marvel or custom) army that does not include squad units. Army cannot exceed 24 hexes. The tournament is played in one hour rounds.

Simple enough?
Let's get together and play some scape! As far as maps go, I am open to suggestion. Got a map you've made and want it at the tournament? Send me a message with the map file from the map builder progam found on this lovely site in the downloads section. Not even coming but want me to use your map? That's cool too. The only stipulation is that it has to contain 1 master set and one terrain expansion (road, castle, ice, lava, jungle).
As always, PM me if you have any questions!
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sat July 24th Southwest Indianapolis, IN Gencon warm up

I'm pretty sure I can make this ond and I always like the heroes only events -- it is called HEROscape.

I'd like to offer "Spring Thaw" as one of the maps. It is from last year's Gencon map compitition (if I remember correctly came in 2nd in the 1MS 1TT group). I know it has been used in a few tournaments and had some good reviews. I did work on a version 2 that addressed a couple of minor issues -- I'll see if I can get the up soon. Until then, here is a link to Spring Thaw

Last edited by Retlaw; June 12th, 2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

Put me down for 3 attending. The boys and I are all playing the Hero battle at Gen Con so this will be a great warm up. I guess I'll need to start thinking about what to play.
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:45 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Ooh, I'll have to keep this one in mind! It's a couple hours away, but I can always use more people to 'scape against and HEROscape sounds fun.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 14th, 2010, 09:25 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

I think this may work into the schedule. Put me down as a very hopeful maybe.
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:25 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

Sweet map Retlaw, I do remember that one well. We'd love to have you Necroblade!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Since no one else is suggesting maps, I'll put up another one of my own. This one has had some good reviews and almost made it to BoV review (3-3 vote to review).

Link to map download

Also, I'd suggest a picking a couple of this year's Gencon maps.
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:05 AM

I like the forgotten highway, Retlaw! Keep posting those maps of yours on here!
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Well here are the only other two maps that I thought were good enough to upload to Heroscapers. We've played a lot of for fun games on both, but I don't know if they have been used in tournaments or not (the first two I posted have been used and received generally good comments).

First is Dark Forest Paths (yeah, I need to come up with a better name).

It has some of it's insperation from Highways and Dieways, but it is narrower and longer. It really gives a boost to the melee units, but it does use two RttFF, so I guess it breaks the rules on one MS and one expansion.

Second is: A Bridge Too Far v2.

This one made it through a couple of rounds in the Gencon 2009 map contest, but I think it lost out in the "semi-finals".
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:29 PM

Fenris25 has disabled reputation

I'll be attending as well. It sounds like it will be a great meet
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:55 AM

Someone sent me a good question. Yes, you can use common heroes. As long as it doesn't say squad, you are fine. We are just a couple of weeks away!
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:04 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Is this something I would register for, or do I just show up with friends and something interesting happens? I've got a friend or two that would like to come, but we're not sure if we can yet.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events