Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 11th, 2022, 11:13 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
caps's Customs Redux - STAR WARS Yoda

I would love to see my customs used throughout the community, but my main purpose is to develop them for the enjoyment of myself and those playing at my table. I welcome feedback on any and all of these cards.

This is the first draft of my design philosophy when creating my own customs. I will refine my philosophy over time, so this is a bit of a "living document" for me. These are my "values" for customs, so to speak:

Fun: I want my customs to feel fun to play and bring something interesting to your army building and playing experience.

Consistency: I want my customs to feel at home alongside each other, everything in the first release of Heroscape, everything that VC created, and everything that Heroscape 2.0 will create. For me that includes Valkyrie generals, a range of power level, and a ceiling on complexity (see below).

Theme: I will offer my own interpretation of theme appropriate to the mini or character. I will not always represent every aspect of the character, either due to Translation or Simplicity, and sometimes I will reduce the power of a character due to Power-Level concerns. In my view, Valhalla seems to have some kind of mystical power-balancing effect to enable swordsmen to keep up with riflemen and robots. The same applies to other characters in my opinion.

Simplicity: I will avoid finicky or complicated designs that involve lots of text.

Power-level: Most small or medium hero characters I design will be under 170 points, as that seems to me to be the upper limit for easily integrating heroes into a Heroscape army.

Role: Each card should serve a role in an army or scenario, rather than simply be a collection of thematic powers. A card that can't fill a role is unlikely to hit the table.

Originality: I will try to offer my own takes on a character or miniature.

Translation: In some cases, when it appeals to me, I will translate a miniature from another game and base the design on the one from that game rather than on the original lore.

Clarity: I will prefer official wording when possible, but I am not the C3V; I will deviate from official wording if I think my own is more clear.

Iteration: I will post first drafts and iterate on them as I collect feedback and perform playtesting.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; November 8th, 2022 at 06:20 PM.
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:13 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: caps's Customs Redux

Display Hall

"Finalized" cards will go here (though none of them will ever be immune to edits, unless they're submitted to SoV perhaps).

--
--
--

--
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:14 AM

caps's Customs Redux - Draft Hall

Draft Hall

Cards I have posted but not "finished" go here.

--
Frēodwēn (first posted here)
Ullar

Half-Elf
Unique Hero
Bard
Curious
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 2
Points 100

INSPIRE COURAGE
When revealing a numbered Order Marker on Frēodwēn's Army Card, you may also reveal an "X" Order Marker that is on Frēodwēn's Army Card to activate Inspire Courage for the duration of the round. While Inspire Courage is active, when a friendly Hero within 4 spaces of Frēodwēn, including Frēodwēn, makes a normal attack they may reroll one attack die that does not show a skull. If you revealed the "X" Order marker at the beginning of this turn, you may not use Rapid Shot this turn.

RAPID SHOT
Frēodwēn may attack twice. If he does, each attack rolls 1 fewer die.
--
Quiella (first revision posted here)
Jandar

Gnome
Unique Hero
Paladin
Fearless
Small 3

Life 5
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 5
Points 130

LIFE LINK
At the beginning of the game, pick one friendly hero Army Card to be Quiella's Life Link. At the start of Quiella's turn, you may transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible.

GREATER LAY ON HANDS
After moving and before attacking with Quiella, you may choose Quiella or a wounded friendly Hero figure adjacent to Quiella and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6-15, remove 1 wound marker from the chosen figure's Army Card. If you roll a 16 or higher remove 2 wound markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.

SMITE EVIL
At the beginning of the game, choose an Army Card that follows Utgar or Valkrill. Quiella rolls two additional attack dice and one additional defense die against figures from the chosen Army Card.
--
Darth Maul (first revision posted here)
Utgar

Zabrak
Unique Hero
Sith
Menacing
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3
Points 125

DUAL ASSAULT
Darth Maul may attack twice. When he does the second attack must target a different figure than the first, if possible.

SITH COUNTERSTRIKE 15
After rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an enemy figure within 6 clear sight spaces, if Darth Maul is not destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound and you may immediately move Darth Maul with Stealth Force Leap 3.

STEALTH FORCE LEAP 3
Instead of his normal move, Darth Maul may use Stealth Force Leap to move 3 spaces. When counting spaces for Stealth Force Leap, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Darth Maul may not move more than 45 levels up or down when using Stealth Force Leap. Darth Maul will not take any leaving engagement attacks when he uses Stealth Force Leap.
Contemplated edits for Darth Maul:
  • Change Sith Counterstrike to only affect adjacent attacks (and reduce point value)
--
Jango Fett (first revision posted here)
Vydar

Human
Unique Hero
Bounty Hunter
Mysterious
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 2
Defense 4
Points 125

FLAME THROWER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3 + special. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose 3 spaces in a straight line from the targeted figure. All figures on those spaces that are within line of sight of Jango Fett are affected by Flame Thrower Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Jango Fett is not affected by Flame Thrower Special Attack. You may only use Flame Thrower Special Attack once per game.

DOUBLE ATTACK
Jango Fett may attack twice.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Jango Fett's movement, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Jango Fett will take leaving engagement attacks when he starts to fly.
--
Boba Fett (first revision posted here)
Vydar

Human
Unique Hero
Bounty Hunter
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points 105

JETPACK ROCKET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Jetpack Rocket Special Attack. Boba Fett only needs clear sight at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. You may only use Jetpack Rocket Special Attack once per game.

CABLE 12
After moving and before attacking, choose a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Boba Fett. Roll the d20. If you roll a 12 or higher, the chosen figure cannot roll any defense dice when attacked by Boba Fett this turn.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Boba Fett's movement, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Boba Fett will take leaving engagement attacks when he starts to fly.
--
Darth Vader (first posted here)
Utgar

Human
Unique Hero
Sith
Unyielding
Medium 6

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 5
Points 195

FORCE CHOKE
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Darth Vader and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound, and you may roll for Force Choke against that figure again.

ONSLAUGHT 2
After attacking with Darth Vader, if he destroyed a figure with his normal attack, he may move up to 2 spaces and attack again. Darth Vader may continue using Onslaught until he does not destroy a figure.

FORCE LEAP 2
Instead of his normal move, Darth Vader may use Force Leap to move 2 spaces. When counting spaces for Force Leap, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Darth Vader may not move more than 45 levels up or down when using Force Leap. Darth Vader will take leaving engagement attacks when he starts to use Force Leap.
--
Emperor Palpatine (first posted here)
Utgar

Human
Unique Hero
Sith
Manipulative
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2
Points 135

MACHINATIONS
Every round, before placing Order Markers, you may place an additional 1, 2, 3, or "X" Order Marker. When you would reveal your 1, 2, or 3 Order Marker, you may reveal the additional one instead.

SITH LIGHTNING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 5.
Emperor Palpatine may only use Sith Lightning Special Attack once per round.
--
Imperial Guard (first posted here)
Utgar

Human
Unique Squad (2 figures)
Guards
Loyal
Medium 5

Life 1
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 2
Defense 4
Points 65

EMPEROR'S GUARD
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Sith Hero you control to be the Imperial Guard's Emperor. While at least one Imperial Guard is adjacent to the chosen Emperor, that Emperor has no visible Hit Zones and any opponent's figure that is adjacent to an Imperial Guard may not attack the Emperor with a normal or special attack.

FORCE PIKE MASTERY
All Imperial Guard you control add 1 automatic skull when attacking adjacent figures.
--
Qui-Gon Jinn (first posted here)
Ullar

Human
Unique Hero
Jedi
Perceptive
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3
Points 90

SERENITY
After moving and instead of attacking you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this Army Card to remove 1 wound from this Army Card and activate Serenity for the duration of the round. While Serenity is active, add 1 to Qui-Gon Jinn's Defense value.

FORCE INSTINCTS
Once per round, before revealing a numbered marker on an Army Card in your army, you may move that Order Marker to this Army Card and reveal it there instead.

FORCE LEAP 3
Instead of his normal move, Qui-Gon Jinn may use Force Leap to move 3 spaces. When counting spaces for Force Leap, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Qui-Gon Jinn will take leaving engagement attacks when he starts to use Force Leap.
--
Mace Windu (first posted here)
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Jedi
Bold
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 3
Points 90

FORCE WAVE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
Any figure adjacent to Mace Windu is affected by Force Wave Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Mace Windu may only use Force Wave Special Attack once per game.

FORCE LEAP 4
Instead of his normal move, Mace Windu may use Force Leap to move 4 spaces. When counting spaces for Force Leap, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Mace Windu will take leaving engagement attacks when he starts to use Force Leap.
--
Plo Koon (originally posted here)
Einar

Kel Dor
Unique Hero
Jedi
Compassionate
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3
Points 110

JEDI JUDGMENT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 2.
Roll 3 additional attack dice against figures that follow Utgar or Valkrill. Plo Koon may only use Jedi Judgment Special Attack once per round.

FORCE CLOUD 13
When Plo Koon, or any friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Plo Koon, is targeted for a normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, Plo Koon, and all friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Plo Koon, no longer have any visible Hit Zones for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.

FORCE LEAP 3
Instead of his normal move, Plo Koon may use Force Leap to move 3 spaces. When counting spaces for Force Leap, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Plo Koon will take leaving engagement attacks when he starts to use Force Leap.
--
Yoda (originally posted here)
Ullar

Unknown
Unique Hero
Jedi
Wise
Small 3

Life 4
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 5
Points 140

FORCE FORESIGHT
After Order Markers are placed, but before rolling initiative, you may look at a random Order Marker on one Army Card of each opponent and then move one of your Order Markers from one of your Army Cards to another Army Card.

JEDI COUNTERSTRIKE
When an enemy figure attacks Yoda and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. On a 15 or higher, Yoda takes no wounds, and if you rolled an 18 or higher, the attacking figure must also remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from its Army Card.

STEALTH FORCE LEAP 5
Instead of his normal move, Yoda may use Stealth Force Leap to move 5 spaces. When counting spaces for Stealth Force Leap, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Yoda will not take any leaving engagement attacks when he uses Stealth Force Leap.
--

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; November 8th, 2022 at 06:23 PM.
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:36 AM

The revival of Heroscape was the kick in the pants I needed to finally start posting cards here. I will post drafts here, tinker with them, playtest them, tinker some more, incorporate feedback, etc. When I'm happy with them as "done" I'll get someone more artistically-capable than myself to make a card and I'll put it in the "display hall."

I currently plan to make customs for
- Star Wars
- Lord of the Rings
- supers figures in the style of Matt Helm and Sherman Davies

- figures from the game Unmatched
- other misc. figures

I will consider prioritizing requests when they interest me.

You can see my old customs here.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; August 11th, 2022 at 01:09 PM.
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:52 AM

The first design I'd like to post is an interpretation of a character I made for Pathfinder 1st edition. He is currently level 15, with 2 levels in Ranger and 13 levels in Bard.
Frēodwēn

Ullar

Half-Elf
Unique Hero
Bard
Curious
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 2
Points 100

INSPIRE COURAGE
When revealing a numbered Order Marker on Frēodwēn's Army Card, you may also reveal an "X" Order Marker that is on Frēodwēn's Army Card to activate Inspire Courage for the duration of the round. While Inspire Courage is active, when a friendly Hero within 4 spaces of Frēodwēn, including Frēodwēn, makes a normal attack they may reroll one attack die that does not show a skull. If you revealed the "X" Order marker at the beginning of this turn, you may not use Rapid Shot this turn.

RAPID SHOT
Frēodwēn may attack twice. If he does, each attack rolls 1 fewer die.
I think this captures the essence of the character in a simple way. Inspiration in Pathfinder increases both the chance of hitting an opponent and the amount of damage that attack does, but I decided that the increased hit-chance is more important and also easier to balance. Impacting friendly heroes makes him very useful for the Dungeon Crawl scenarios, and Rapid Shot gives him some extra ranged punch against squads.

I have toyed with the idea of giving him a spell to capture the spellcasting angle... Dimension Door, Invisibility, Heroism, Haste, Dispel Magic, Glitterdust, Grease, and Expeditious Retreat could all be fun things to try and implement in Heroscape. However, overall I feel like they would add complexity and distract from the key essence of the character as I played him in Pathfinder. The kind of problem-solving utility that he got from his spells (aside from the spells that were just buffs to his attacks) is largely irrelevant in Heroscape (even in a Dungeon Crawl scenario).

--
--
--

--
Old August 12th, 2022, 11:38 AM

Re: caps's Customs Redux - Pathfinder Archer Bard

I have one more "Pathfinder conversion" character to post before I move on to stuff that may be more interesting to the general populace. This is Quiella, she has 7 levels in Paladin and 4 levels in Life Oracle. Life Oracle primarily gives her greater ability to heal people, especially by giving them her life force at the start of each of her turns in order to heal their wounds. The Paladin's ability to swiftly heal themselves allows her to be a kind of "hit point battery." Here is my interpretation of that design for Heroscape:
Quiella
Jandar

Gnome
Unique Hero
Paladin
Resolute
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 5
Points 140

LIFE LINK
Begin the game with a Life Link marker. Before taking a turn with Quiella, if there is a Life Link marker on a friendly Army Card, you may either remove that Life Link marker or transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible. After moving and instead of attacking with Quiella, you may place the Life Link marker on an adjacent figure.

GREATER LAY ON HANDS
After moving and before attacking with Quiella, you may choose Quiella or a wounded friendly Hero figure adjacent to Quiella and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6-15, remove 1 wound marker from the chosen figure's Army Card. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove 2 wound markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.

SMITE EVIL
At the beginning of the game, choose an Army Card that follows Utgar or Valkrill. Against figures from the chosen Army Card Quiella rolls two additional attack dice, and one additional defense die.
It ends up being a lot of text (though not an extreme amount) when you put it on a card. I *probably* should drop Smite Evil, but it is hard to cough it up when 1) I like this interpretation of it from Pathfinder to Heroscape 2) it is an essential ability to Paladins in Pathfinder. However, at the end of the day it is probably not super essential for capturing Quiella herself. The hit point battery part is probably more important for that.

I would re-use Rhogar Dragonspine's Lay on Hands ability, except that it can't target himself, and another one of the things I've done with Quiella is used multiple means available in Pathfinder to make her Lay on Hands even more effective than it usually is, so I tried to capture that with this variable healing ability. If I remove Smite Evil I might add a clause that on a 20 or higher she heals 3 wounds.

The attack of 4 comes from her greatsword which, despite her small size, packs a pretty good punch.

She wears Plate Mail and in Pathfinder I have used most of the means I could find to pump up her defenses (including multiple buff spells) so I tried to capture that with a defense of 5. An argument could be made for 6, but that just seems excessive. She also rides a divine reindeer in Pathfinder, but that was a decision I made late in her career because I got tired of how slow a gnome in Plate Mail was (she could honestly be Move 3 in Heroscape on foot). If I were to design a figure for this design, I would probably bump it up to Medium, give it move 7, and put her on the back of the reindeer. But I'm highly unlikely to ever find such a figure in the wild, so I am leaving her unmounted for now.

--
--
--

--
Old August 12th, 2022, 01:07 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks like some great designs in progress.

I'm interested in trying the Paladin sometime. I feel that the life of 6 is somewhat of a theme break because this is a gnome. At the sturdiest I'd imagine life of 5 on a creature that is from a small species like this (and I'd want them to be a barbarian) but more casually I'd see them at 4 life which would help in lowering the point cost. I get that the higher life helps facilitate the ability functioning without making the unit just paper thin though so I'm on board

The move number seems good, the attack value is pretty fun and communicates a strong creature for their size fitting a paladin.

Smite evil really does feel essential to the design because this is currently a figure with low action economy and no bonding options (unless you have something hidden away ). So having the extra damage against evildoers makes the design fun.

If you ever find a gnome on a reindeer for a figure then I'd definitely want it as a mainstay for my table!

Last edited by Shiftrex; August 12th, 2022 at 01:46 PM.
Old August 12th, 2022, 01:13 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
LIFE LINK
Begin the game with a Life Link marker. Before taking a turn with Quiella, if there is a Life Link marker on a friendly Army Card, you may either remove that Life Link marker or transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible. After moving and instead of attacking with Quiella, you may place the Life Link marker on an adjacent figure.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this mechanic! I've also been re-ignited by the recent news, though to tell you the truth the more I see the more upset I get with not having thought of that great idea first! I only have two things/questions.

SO you have it worded that removing a Life Link marker = 2 decisions. Idk if I'm just having a hard time reading it but it seems like there's one outcome missing?

Quote:
LIFE LINK
...if there is a Life Link marker on a friendly Army Card, you may either remove that Life Link marker or transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible.
I think it's missing the outcome of what happens when you remove the Life Link Marker, least that's how I'm reading it.

Also thought phrasing too,

Quote:
...you may either remove that Life Link marker or transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible.
I get what you're trying to say (I do the same thing all the time), I think this might just need more specifics to help understand the ruling. I.E saying "the chosen Army Card to Quiella's Army Card." so it's clear who is involved and where something is going specifically.

Hope this comes across constructive and helpful!

“Inspiration is reciprocal; we all have a responsibility to each other to create” -Oviya Pashiri

Old August 12th, 2022, 01:57 PM

Thanks so much for your comments, y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Looks like some great designs in progress.

I'm interested in trying the Paladin sometime. I feel that the life of 6 is somewhat of a theme break because this is a gnome. At the sturdiest I'd imagine life of 5 on a creature that is from a small species like this (and I'd want them to be a barbarian) but more casually I'd see them at 4 life which would help in lowering the point cost. I get that the higher life helps facilitate the ability functioning without making the unit just paper thin though so I'm on board
Gnomes are actually quite sturdy in Pathfinder (her hit points are average or above-average for a melee character of her level, which is consistent with 6 life). However, 5 life is more restrained and that's a quality I tend to like in a design. I'll probably make that change, especially since she is so capable of healing herself.
Quote:
Smite evil really does feel essential to the design because this is currently a figure with low action economy and no bonding options (unless you have something hidden away ). So having the extra damage against evildoers makes the design fun.
I have no synergy plans for this design; I just wanted to find a way to capture my character in Heroscape. I do think she would be very effective in a Dungeon Crawl scenario. I think her action economy is actually unusually good, since she heals other heroes for "free" at the start of her turn and can heal herself or someone next to her after moving and before attacking. This is actually a key feature of the "Oradin" build in Pathfinder as well; it is the only build that can actually do in-combat healing effectively while still doing damage.
I do like playing all-hero armies, and figures that can help other heroes (see Frēodwēn's Inspire Courage above) introduce some natural soft synergy. Quiella has two such powers.

Quote:
If you ever find a gnome on a reindeer for a figure then I'd definitely want it as a mainstay for my table!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
Quote:
LIFE LINK
LOVE LOVE LOVE this mechanic! I've also been re-ignited by the recent news, though to tell you the truth the more I see the more upset I get with not having thought of that great idea first!
Thank you! The idea is not completely original to me; it is inspired by a power of the same name in Pathfinder.

Quote:
SO you have it worded that removing a Life Link marker = 2 decisions. Idk if I'm just having a hard time reading it but it seems like there's one outcome missing?

Quote:
LIFE LINK
...if there is a Life Link marker on a friendly Army Card, you may either remove that Life Link marker or transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible.
I think it's missing the outcome of what happens when you remove the Life Link Marker, least that's how I'm reading it.
When you remove the Life Link marker it is no longer on a card. She would have to sacrifice making an attack in order to place it again. However, I could probably simplify things by doing away with the ability for her to move the marker around. The only question then would be whether she can "opt out" of healing the other character.

Gah, I probably also need wording about her not healing figures that are dead. I wonder if the rules specify anything about wound markers being removed from the card when a figure is destroyed?
Quote:
Quote:
...you may either remove that Life Link marker or transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible.
I get what you're trying to say (I do the same thing all the time), I think this might just need more specifics to help understand the ruling. I.E saying "the chosen Army Card to Quiella's Army Card." so it's clear who is involved and where something is going specifically.

Hope this comes across constructive and helpful!
The marker doesn't need to be on any army card. It can go to an unspecified location until a power says to place it somewhere again. You'll note that at the start of the game, the marker just exists--the power doesn't specify that it exists on any one card.

--
--
--

--
Old August 13th, 2022, 10:49 AM

Re: caps's Customs Redux - Pathfinder Paladin

Thanks again for the feedback everyone, here is a revision of Quiella based on feedback and further thought.

Changes:
- changed personality to Fearless. This ends up capturing some of the theme (and even mechanics) of a Pathfinder Paladin's immunity to fear
- set size to Small 3 (it was Medium 5 before, a typo). With no Climb or Scale ability this hurts her mobility, but that feels appropriate for a Gnome in Full Plate
- dropped life to 5 from 6
- set points to 130; I'm quite unsure about her actual value. She is possibly the best in the game at healing, but doing so does require order markers on her and she only has a single melee attack and is quite slow
- simplified Life Link so that it only targets a single hero for the whole game
- tweaked the wording on Smite Evil
Quiella
Jandar

Gnome
Unique Hero
Paladin
Fearless
Small 3

Life 5
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 5
Points 130

LIFE LINK
At the beginning of the game, pick one friendly hero Army Card to be Quiella's Life Link. At the start of Quiella's turn, you may transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible.

GREATER LAY ON HANDS
After moving and before attacking with Quiella, you may choose Quiella or a wounded friendly Hero figure adjacent to Quiella and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6-15, remove 1 wound marker from the chosen figure's Army Card. If you roll a 16 or higher remove 2 wound markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.

SMITE EVIL
At the beginning of the game, choose an Army Card that follows Utgar or Valkrill. Quiella rolls two additional attack dice and one additional defense die against figures from the chosen Army Card.

--
--
--

--
Old August 13th, 2022, 10:56 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: caps's Customs Redux - Pathfinder Paladin

Looks excellent! When are we doing a dungeon crawl for OHS or at a monthly now? this is a must have for that
Old August 15th, 2022, 11:59 AM

Re: caps's Customs Redux - STAR WARS: Darth Maul

Here is my design for Darth Maul. I have two figures I can use for this design; one is an old figure from Star Wars: Epic Duels (which is a little too small). The other is a 3d-printed and hand-painted figure I bought from @White Knight (though the lightsaber blades unfortunately broke off). I may post pictures of them later; one of them is probably what I would put on a final card.

I wanted to capture his double-bladed lightsaber, and a nice simple way to do that is via Dual Strike. One could argue that Double Attack is a better fit, so that he can double up on attacks against a single hero, overwhelming them with two blades as he did with Qui-Gon on Tattooine. Another idea (that only just occurred to me), is Double Attack where the second attack has to be against a different target if possible. I'll probably make that change in my next revision.

Sith Counterstrike captures his aggressiveness, disregard for his own safety, and evasive mobility. Note that it does nothing to keep him from taking damage; just lets him deal damage back if he's still alive. There are no adjacency or distance restrictions--you can think of it as him redirecting projectiles, striking back with his blade in melee, throwing in a force push/choke/lightning, etc. Perhaps I should put some kind of requirement in the next one, but this does have a certain simplicity as-written.

Finally, Stealth Force Leap introduces my own simplified wording for jump/fly type powers and captures his incredible mobility. I just noticed it is theoretically boundless in terms of how high/low he can jump without taking damage; perhaps I should put a limit into the next revision.

I don't love the personality choice (I think it is brand new to classic 'Scape and there is probably an older one I could reuse, like Merciless or something), but other than that I am happy with the left box and the key combat stats. The points have seemed right in playtesting so far, though the change to Dual Strike could bump him up some more.
Darth Maul
Utgar

Zabrak
Unique Hero
Sith
Violent
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3
Points 125

DUAL STRIKE
When Darth Maul attacks, he may attack one additional time. Darth Maul cannot attack the same figure more than once per turn.

SITH COUNTERSTRIKE 15
After rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an enemy figure, if Darth Maul is not destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound and you may immediately move Darth Maul with Stealth Force Leap 3.

STEALTH FORCE LEAP 3
Instead of his normal move, Darth Maul may use Stealth Force Leap to move 3 spaces. When counting spaces for Stealth Force Leap, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Darth Maul will not take any leaving engagement attacks when he uses Stealth Force Leap.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards