Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old August 16th, 2009, 11:26 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Hone those SW skills fellas, we are likely to have a constructed tourney or two at Gencon next year.

That sounds great!

Had a great time meeting you guys. You're all too super cool. Wish I had more time to hang out with ya'll. Missing 2 days of Gen con due to work was tough. Hope to rectify that next time.

So many game to demo with so little time!

Until next year......

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I tried out the Tundra Orcs today and smashed some puny elves. [Lost a close game against truth, which he likely tried to make close]. Then I taught spider_poison how to play and beat him. It was fun. It's a very simple to learn game, yet it seems to have similar uncertain tradeoffs similar to a card game like Race For the Galaxy, and simple figure [card] movement to something like Stratego. I was really impressed with it initially and can't wait to see more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Hold Gencon in California dernit!
I seem to remember a gencon in LA that didn't do so well . . . .

(I happen to be one more person that is really looking forward to summoner wars. And Truth, please be very, very public about when we can pre-order. My credit card wants to give you money so bad . . . .)

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:05 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Hold Gencon in California dernit!
I seem to remember a gencon in LA that didn't do so well . . . .

(I happen to be one more person that is really looking forward to summoner wars. And Truth, please be very, very public about when we can pre-order. My credit card wants to give you money so bad . . . .)
Why is there so many things to do in SoCal? Curses!

Did Jexik say Tundra Orcs...?
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:30 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Adding to the ever growing Christmas list.

nyys, figuring everyone is sick of hearing about the list by now.

-insert signature here-
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Here's some pictures of Truth's new game.

I took so many photos in hopes of getting Truth's good side.....but then I realized they are all good sides.
All I see is the dreaded red x. Can someone fix the pics?

EDIT: Hmmm Disregard, they are now suddenly working. I really want to play Summoner Wars. Looks Awesome!

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html

Last edited by paradox22; August 17th, 2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I see them fine. Is this one visible to you?

Old August 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post

Looks like Summoner Wars is now a Hasbro product, eh Truth?

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post

Looks like Summoner Wars is now a Hasbro product, eh Truth?
It's going to be directed at kids but have a large majority of it's players be adults? And then it's going to get 1 expansion a year and be passed to WotC where it will flourish?

EDIT: No disrespect was meant to anyone here.
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation

Had a chance to play this at Gen Con and I have to say, it goes beyond the hype

It's the kind of game that, after playing, makes you say, "Let's go again!" Really nice design, Truth.
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

With all the HS tourneys going on, I never got to take Truth up on his offer to do a demo, but I got to glance over people's shoulders, and it does look cool. Between that and what people have said, I will be buying a copy.

Old August 18th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I too want to add that I was extremely impressed by the the simultaneous simplicity and depth Summoner Wars has. I was really grateful Truth took time out of his busy schedule to meet Menchi and I for a demo on Saturday. After the demo both of us are looking forward to getting our hands on this game. It's easy setup and quick play time will make it ideal for passing time in random places. I think Truth has a real winner here.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games