Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
'Build-a-Squad' mechanic for Common Hero customs?

Would a, "Build a squad" type mechanic work with a Common Hero unit?

Example: You draft your army, and have 30 points left over. Let's say you had a Common Hero available to draft who costs 10 points. One of this unit's Special Powers was similar to that of the Zombies of Morindan's 'Horde Movement':
Quote:
You may move up to 6 Zombies of Morindan that you control each turn. However, you may attack with only 3 Zombies of Morindan. You may attack with any 3 Zombies of Morindan, even Zombies of Morindan that you did not move this turn.
With 30 points left over, you could draft three of said 10 point Common Hero and thus have built your own little filler squad, and be able to use three each turn.

Thus, with 20 points left over, you could draft two. Or, if you had 40 points, you could draft four.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Do you think this would work well? Any drawbacks you can think of?

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
I think, with common squads, you should automatically be able to draft UP TO a full card worth of figures.

So if you had a squad of nagrubs, for instance. they're worth 30, and there's three of them, so they're each worth ten points. If you draft your army, and you have ten points left or so, you should be able to draft another nagrub, filling out that last ten points.

I think it's a simpler solution than trying to balance extra hero figures to have "filler" point values, and are still worth it.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old March 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
I think it's a simpler solution than trying to balance extra hero figures to have "filler" point values, and are still worth it.
I understand what you're saying. Though I'm trying to establish a custom Common Hero that would work well within the established rules of the game. The draft mechanic which you're referring to above might work with a house rule, of sorts. But I'm trying to stay away from those.

For a more honed example of what I'm talking about, consider this quick unit I put together:

THE BLARGH
LIFE: 1
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 1
DEFENSE: 1
10 POINTS

GAGGLE OF BLARGH
You may move up to 6 Blarghs that you control each turn. However, you may attack with only 3 Blarghs. You may attack with any 3 Blarghs, even Blarghs that you did not move this turn.

BLARGH BOOST
For each Blargh you control add an additonal attack die and an additional defense die, up to a maximum of +2.

Something like that. Thus, the more you have, the more effective they are. Or, should you only have 20 points left, you can still take two as some okay filler.

Albeit, the points are off a little. But this is merely an example of what I'm referring to in a Common Hero 'Build-a-Squad' mechanic.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:02 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
I understand what you're saying. Though I'm trying to establish a custom Common Hero that would work well within the established rules of the game. The draft mechanic which you're referring to above might work with a house rule, of sorts. But I'm trying to stay away from those.

For a more honed example of what I'm talking about, consider this quick unit I put together:

THE BLARGH
LIFE: 1
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 1
DEFENSE: 1
10 POINTS

GAGGLE OF BLARGH
You may move up to 6 Blarghs that you control each turn. However, you may attack with only 3 Blarghs. You may attack with any 3 Blarghs, even Blarghs that you did not move this turn.

BLARGH BOOST
For each Blargh you control add an additonal attack die and an additional defense die, up to a maximum of +2 for each.

Something like that. Thus, the more you have, the more effective they are. Or, should you only have 20 points left, you can still take two as some okay filler.

Albeit, the points are off a little. But this is merely an example of what I'm referring to in a Common Hero 'Build-a-Squad' mechanic.
I like it, its like having cheap Zombies. Nice Job H3X.
I do not see aproblem with this mecanic, since it has already been established by the designers.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards