Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old May 3rd, 2023, 08:27 PM

Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby!
Beetle (Abner Jenkins)

Beetle (Abner Jenkins)

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = BEETLE
IDENTITY = ABNER JENKINS

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = HUMAN
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = OPPORTUNISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 175

SINISTER SYNDICATE
Add 1 to your initiative for each Unique Hero you control that is a Criminal or in the Sinister Six faction and subtract 1 from your initiative for each Unique Hero you controlled at the start of the game that you do not currently control.

DIVERSIONARY FIRE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Beetle may attack twice with this special attack action. After attacking an enemy, if Beetle had 1+ skulls, you may maneuver Beetle or an ally within 5 spaces of Beetle up to 2 spaces with Stealth.

FAULTY TARGETING
Beetle's normal attack has +1 hit against non-adjacent defenders. If Beetle has more shields than skulls in any attack against a non-adjacent enemy, the player controlling that enemy must choose a figure adjacent to the defender. Roll 1 damage die against the chosen figure.

FACTION = SINISTER SIX
PUBLISHER = MARVEL
KEYWORDS = Power Armor
SYMBOLS = FLYING, SUPER STRENGTH
REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE: Abner Jenkins, a brilliant, underpaid aircraft maintenance technician, created the Beetle armor to pursue a life of crime. The Beetle armor gives him the ability of flight and super strength. He has battled the likes of Daredevil, Spider-Man, and the Human Torch being defeated every time. He later joins the Sinister Syndicate.

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: Sinister #022-024 / Beetle.
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: KidArachnid
  • Card art: KidA
  • Comic creators: Stan Lee, Carl Burgos
Updates
  • N/A

Last edited by IAmBatman; November 4th, 2023 at 05:22 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2023, 08:33 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Beetle (Abner Jenkins)- Initial Design

I personally liked the Assassins, Criminals, Thieves callout in the first power over just a Sin6 callout. Maybe there's a middle ground, like calling out Sin6 and Criminals?
Old May 3rd, 2023, 10:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

with the Sin 6 Faction tag I wonder if he's worthy of Mercenary Class.
@Ronin

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 3rd, 2023, 10:28 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The wording guys will know better but...

FAULTY TARGETING
Add 1 hit when Beetle attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack. Any time Beetle attacks a non-adjacent figure, if you roll more shields than skulls, your opponent must choose another adjacent a figure adjacent to the defending figure. Roll one damage die against that figure.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 3rd, 2023, 11:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I personally liked the Assassins, Criminals, Thieves callout in the first power over just a Sin6 callout. Maybe there's a middle ground, like calling out Sin6 and Criminals?
Hmm, can you explain your reasoning (mostly just because I'm curious and haven't formed an opinion one way or another yet, not because I'm challenging it or anything). My one initial thought is that Sinister Six is shaping up to be a fairly robust faction in 2.0, so he should have lots of options still.

Sleepy, grading fog brain taking a shot at wording (so apologies if I miss a lot):

SINISTER SYNDICATE
You have +1 to your initiative for Sinister Six faction unit on your team and -1 to your initiative for each unit you controlled during setup that you do not currently control.

Range 5. Attack 3.
Beetle may attack twice with this special attack action. After combat with each attack, if Beetle had 1+ skulls, you may maneuver him or an ally within 5 spaces of him up to 2 spaces with Stealth.

FAULTY TARGETING
Beetle's normal attack has +1 hit against non-adjacent defenders. If Beetle has more shields than skulls in any attack against a non-adjacent enemy, the player controlling that enemy must choose a figure adjacent to the defender. Roll 1 damage die against the chosen figure.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 4th, 2023, 01:33 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Hmm, can you explain your reasoning (mostly just because I'm curious and haven't formed an opinion one way or another yet, not because I'm challenging it or anything). My one initial thought is that Sinister Six is shaping up to be a fairly robust faction in 2.0, so he should have lots of options still.

Sleepy, grading fog brain taking a shot at wording (so apologies if I miss a lot):

SINISTER SYNDICATE
You have +1 to your initiative for each Sinister Six faction unit on your team and -1 to your initiative for each unit you controlled during setup that you do not currently control.

Range 5. Attack 3.
Beetle may attack twice with this special attack action. After combat with each attack, if Beetle had 1+ skulls, you may maneuver him or an ally within 5 spaces of him up to 2 spaces with Stealth.

FAULTY TARGETING
Edits on Bats' edits.
Old May 4th, 2023, 01:36 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think with the Syndicate having its own identity apart from the Sin Six in the comics, making Beetle's synergy work along a slightly different axis (and just overlap with Sin Six stuff a bit) would be a neat theme tie.

Not a hard need at all, but I could see him hitting Criminals and Thieves or something instead of caring about the Sin Six faction tag. Assassin I think is mainly there for Boomerang and I wouldn't be looking to bucket him there in 2.0.

Beetle himself could be a Merc instead of a Criminal, I think that makes sense for him.
Old May 4th, 2023, 08:41 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I think with the Syndicate having its own identity apart from the Sin Six in the comics, making Beetle's synergy work along a slightly different axis (and just overlap with Sin Six stuff a bit) would be a neat theme tie.

Not a hard need at all, but I could see him hitting Criminals and Thieves or something instead of caring about the Sin Six faction tag. Assassin I think is mainly there for Boomerang and I wouldn't be looking to bucket him there in 2.0.

Beetle himself could be a Merc instead of a Criminal, I think that makes sense for him.
I largely agree with the points here, as a C-Lister he's worked with other random Criminals and Thieves, so that'd be nice to for him to still do instead of trapping him in Sin6.

Having led an unsuccessful life of crime, I'd keep him as a Criminal, I like that he can work with Wizard against the FF and under Waller with other joke villains. Masters of Evil is also much more likely to pull Criminals. Mercenary feels like a class where you have to actually be good at it and put him in the wrong synergies imo.
Old May 4th, 2023, 08:46 AM

Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

I originally had him in 1.0 as a criminal just so he could work with Doc Oc. So for 2.0, Mercenary for his class fits him better.

I feel we could make the Sinister Syndicate power work with Sin6 people and Assassins. I do not think we should make him benefit any mercenaries he might be teamed up with to avoid putting him in the "wrong" army. But at the same time, Boomerang is the only assassin in the Sinister 6 (that I can think of) so we can just make him in the Sin6 faction. It could really go either way, and I'm open to any of the options.
Old May 4th, 2023, 09:20 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

@IAmBatman , I think Ronin explained most of what I’m thinking pretty succinctly. Thematically, this guy pals around with an odd grab bag of B/C-list villains. So going straught factional may capture the allies he’s appeared on the page with, but I think it misses the spirit a little if that makes sense?

For a similar reason, I prefer Criminal to Merc (also because he may end up in teams with outgoing Criminal synergy but I’m not sure I’d ever pick him for a Merc synergy build? Maybe if we made Boomerang into a Merc), but I’m not strongly opinionated there.
Old May 4th, 2023, 09:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, Criminal makes sense to me for what you're saying. Also, fwiw, I never check tags but I always check threads I'm subscribed to, so your tag isn't doing anything there

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 4th, 2023, 09:25 AM
Just A Head

I’m just phoneposting and didn’t want to grapple with trying to quote your above post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database