Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 19th, 2013, 09:09 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
"Morsbana" -- any ideas?

So I have this mini, the Elf Warlock (Starter Set):

I've got some Wizard custom ideas, but nothing really Elfin, so I was going to make her a Morsbane proxy figure. (I don't own him yet). Making a proxy card is pretty easy -- change the name to Morsbana, make it "Wand of Negation" instead of Rod, boom, done. But maybe I should take the opportunity to change M up a bit. He's only ranked a C+.

So I throw out this question to you all: if you were redesigning Morsbane (with this mini), what would you change?
Old November 19th, 2013, 09:29 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!
Re: "Morsbana" -- any ideas?

I guess it depends if you have rhe elves or not.

If you do, well maybe giving him a boost with the other elves could be a good thing... Like a bonus to her negation power if there are enough elves adjacent.

Also, giving her one more defense than him could be a great boost !
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:51 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a bunch of Elf Wizards -- Arkmer, Ulginesh, Haduc, Jorhdawn, and Emirroon. A d20 boost for Negation is a cool idea -- maybe if the other Elf Wizards are near the target?
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:58 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm, not sure that would work.

The elves need to move as a little group if they want to stand a chance... I don't know the wizard's names, but one of them can teleport them, Kintela goves a defense boost to all the adjacent elves, the other girl has a special attack ehich gets better for every elves close to her...

Morsbana getting a bonus for every elves adjacent (or a little bit farther) would work better. Well in my opinion !
Old November 20th, 2013, 04:00 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Adding +1 to the D20 roll for each adjacent elf is an obvious idea, seeing how the elves' group works, but beware to not make him overpowered. adding +3 to the power mean that on 17+ (20% chance) you can kill any unique figure ! And negate powers on 13+ (40%). It is a little too much, I think.

Another, yet simple, idea, is to just give him ... range ! They are elves wizzard ! Why can't Morsbane attack at range ? Haduc, Arkmer and Ulginesh has basic range (from 5 to 7), Chardris and Jorhdawn have ranged special attack.
Just giving Morsbane range would make him tadly better because if you don't succeed at negating a figure, at least you didn't waste a turn because you probably got to attack.
I would give him a range of 6 (on par with the range of his rod of negation) and call it a day !
Old November 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM

I like that idea! She will have a Range of 6. I think I'd have to increase her cost with that. My costing formula says that at a Range of 1 she's worth 90 points, but with a Range of 6 she's at 115. (I give 5 points per Range). That's without Rod of Negation. Maybe I'll try her at 110 points and see how that works. Thanks again for the suggestions!
Old November 20th, 2013, 09:52 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm... Interesting... What's the manufacturer of the mini? I might have to try this...

I would start her at 100 points and see how she does.

EDIT: I found the mini, it's from the D&D starter set.

Last edited by Sir Yeshua; November 20th, 2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Found it.
Old November 20th, 2013, 10:54 PM

I agree, 100 points seems right. With an attack of only 3, her range of 6 is not so dangerous... You should test her with other elves and see what she's got !
Old November 20th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Cool ideas! I've always felt Morsbane was the odd Wizard out; his powers never referenced the others.

One of my earliest & favorite customs was a re-do of Morsbane. I upped his stats substantially, increasing points to compromise. It makes "Morsbane" a much better use of an Order Marker, because if he fails to Negate, he can still pack a punch. He's still frail, however, but it's a needed weakness.
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards