Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old May 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: North Carolina Scapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
The major change in distance is a bit of a sticking point, depending on where you live, of course. Bunjee and Elstree, AF&G is actually only about 3 miles further from Durham than Amazing Tales' location, but I can see how any increase at all might be a pain in the butt to adjust to.
Huh. Well look at that: if we take Apex Highway, AF&G is less than a mile further than AT, and only 3 minutes more driving time. (23.3 mi/33min to AF&G vs. 24.0mi/30min to AT). I guess it just looked considerably longer on the map since every experience I've had driving around or through Cary so far has been like crawling through molasses.
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:22 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

So even though it's Mother's Day is anyone playing tomorrow and if so where?

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:49 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know it's a bit late in the day, but if anyone's interested in a game at the Bean, I'd be up for it. Post here before 5PM and I'll be there. Otherwise, I'll probably just let this day go.

My main concern with finding a decent in-Raleigh base of operations is the difficulty for Griffin in driving all the way to AF&G. As I've said before, I'm already a fan of the Royal Bean, and we seem to be somewhat short of alternate locations.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

My Mother In Law is in town so I will not be at the Bean today.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:42 PM

Celtic_Ghost has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I am adding you to the directory CG. How far are you from Raleigh?

Hey Hogg,

I am about 3 hours from Raleigh if I am in Pamlico. To drive to AF&G would be a bit more, not sure how much extra time though.

If I am in Wallace (until my house sells) it is about a 2 hour drive.

I am taking some graduate classes atm and working full time, so I will have very little time to play, but I really want to squeeze in a game at least every month.

In the front of that fire came Glaurung the Golden, father of the dragons, in his full might; and in his train were Balrogs, and behind them came the black armies of the Orcs...
Battle of Sudden Flame
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Granite, I didn't see your message until just now. I should have posted something this morning, I actually had it in my head that I'd done so. I think we just needed a weekend off.

The next couple of weekends are going to be busy for us, I would be up for some Heroscape May 31st, but Elstree will be out of town.
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
I know it's a bit late in the day, but if anyone's interested in a game at the Bean, I'd be up for it. Post here before 5PM and I'll be there. Otherwise, I'll probably just let this day go.

My main concern with finding a decent in-Raleigh base of operations is the difficulty for Griffin in driving all the way to AF&G. As I've said before, I'm already a fan of the Royal Bean, and we seem to be somewhat short of alternate locations.
Well that is very considerate Granite, I do live almost in WakeForest. How does everyone feel about possibly setting up in a church conference room? I could ask around, but I won't bother if some of you wouldn't feel comfortable there. I will continue to search for a space for us, but it is difficult. I would have everyone over at my house (I have lots of room), but like I said, I live almost in Wake Forest and I think that would be asking too much.
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:12 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

I wouldn't have a problem with being in a church conference room. And I will look into finding space myself.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with being in a church conference room. And I will look into finding space myself.
Same here.

Old May 11th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I'm going to go by Sci Fi Genre tonight and find out about setting up a game night there. I'll report back with the info I get. I'd like to do something there on Tuesdays or Thursdays depending on their schedule.
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:04 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altron_ZERO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB View Post
Same here.
I'm fine with a church conference room, though I won't promise to cease theological argument just because we're playing on your home field.

The problem is that we've got such cool people all living in opposite directions from each other. Why don't we all just move into one central neighborhood? We could take over the homeowners association and change all the street names to suit our nerd purposes.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Sci Fi Genre has an open board game night on Mondays. They also have a miniture war games night on Tuesdays. We fit in either of those catagories, though they said that WH40K has priority on Tuesdays so we should aim for Mondays until we have a large enough regular group to have 'reservations.'

They also have a forum on their website and I am going to advertise for our group on their and see if I can get anyone new interested.

I have 4 of each set so I'm willing to set a MS or 2 aside to play over there with.

So now what we need are players. I have a few friends who play I can get to come over but I need your support too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers