Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 30th, 2009, 08:43 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: How close are you to 'completing' your collection

No where close. I have just about nothing. Enough to ply, but not make a good competitive army. Not even a full wave.

1x ROTV 2nd ED
1x FOTTA
1x Raknars vision
1x Snipers & Vipers
1x Grut Orcs (-glyph)
1x Heroes of Durgeth
1x Zombie Horde
1x Shades & Orcs
1x Heroes of Elswin
1x Fiends & Vampires
1x Elves
1x Marvel

Basically, the 3 Wal-Marts near me carry Marvel and Elves.

Last edited by aquamaniac27; July 30th, 2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old July 30th, 2009, 08:44 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've got everything, but my final collection goals are a bit of a ways off. They're also sort of ridiculous. 1x of every unique (achieved) and about 400 points of every common (closer than I'd like to admit). Here's what I'm missing for the latter:

2x Venoc Vipers
1x Gorillanators
1x Marrden Hounds
1x MacDirk Warriors
2x Shaolin Monks
2x Sacred Band
3x Gladiatrons
1x Aubren Archers
2x Blastatrons
2x Deathreavers
1x Heavy Gruts
2x Omnicron Repulsors
2x Fyorlag Spiders
2x Marrden Nagrubs

There are certain packs because of this that are the bane of my existence. Hate hate hate hate the Kyrie packs. Luckily I have friends in need of figures I can donate to.
Old July 30th, 2009, 08:46 PM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
There are certain packs because of this that are the bane of my existence. Hate hate hate hate the Kyrie packs. Luckily I have friends in need of figures I can donate to.
OMG YES, I love the protectors in Wave 9 but I don't think I've ever been so irritated/thrilled to have such a great kyrie squad.

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well for me complete is subjective.

I have at least one of everything except the 4 gencon exculsives. Considering the rarity of the exclusives, I'd say I'm satisfied with my collection as is.

To be totally satisfied though, I'd like to add to my collection, the 4 exculsives, and at least one more set of Armoc Vipers, Greeks, Aubriens, and Heavy Gruts.

That would put me at having at least 1 of every hero, and at least 2 of every squad.
Then I'd be totally satisfied. Until Wave 10 comes out.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:50 PM

LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker

The completist in me thinks I still need the four GenCon exclusives, but the realist says my set is complete (until more is released). I have only one of each unique except the Marro Hive, which I have two of simply because it is sometimes used as a LOS blocker. My rule of thumb for commons is 3 of each unless they beg for more - in which case I have 4 or 5 (like Drones, etc).

I agree with previous posts regarding the Kyrie packs. I've got more Minions than I will ever need because I wanted more Drones. Unfortunately, I had to compromise with my completist side by not selling or trading away my extra Minions. I'm curious if anyone else feels it is necessary to keep figures they don't need simply because they complete sets of other figures they do need?
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker

I've been going by Einar's Puppy's (weird to type!) guide for multiple commons for most of my set. Though I'll probably read through the competitive armies threads a little more to see where I might need to push up to 4-5 multiples.

The sad thing is this is all very academic as I really haven't been playing much at all lately!

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post

Markwars' unopened collection:

That seems like such a waste! Not opening any of those boxes! Especially the Wave 4. I wonder how many times he's thought of opening those boxes... So close yet so far away...

Anyway, I am not looking for all figures. I mostly look for Vipers, Soulborgs, and Gladiators. Most figures I want I want only 1x for Unique figures, 2x for Common (expections are for Venoc Vipers [have 4x] Repulsors [want 3x] and Capuan Gladiators [want 3x]).

I only figures I do not like in Heroscape are Marro. (I know, I know, they are unique to Heroscape, but I don't like them still.) Strange and neat how I like Vipers then, now that I think about it...

MegaSilver

Last edited by MegaSilver; July 30th, 2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:13 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
That seems like such a waste! Not opening any of those boxes! Especially the Wave 4. I wonder how many times he's thought of opening those boxes... So close yet so far away...
Honestly? I suspect never. He's got plenty of open copies to make up for it.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:17 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Oh. I didn't know. But to me it would still be very annoying to see those boxes. I would be tempted to open them sooo bad. Especially Wave 4, VW, and TT, as they are rare nowadays. It's as if they are taunting me...

MegaSilver
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:26 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

I still want more commons in my collection, wave three, and waves 8 and 9.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:29 PM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh. I didn't know. But to me it would still be very annoying to see those boxes. I would be tempted to open them sooo bad. Especially Wave 4, VW, and TT, as they are rare nowadays. It's as if they are taunting me...

MegaSilver

Agreed.. there's just something about opening a wave expansion. Anyone else like new figure smell?

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonic View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

MegaSilver

Agreed.. there's just something about opening a wave expansion. Anyone else like new figure smell?
I like the smell some, but what I like the most is tearing open the box and freeing the figures from thier captivity. But of course I save the cards, too.

MegaSilver

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion