Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old May 23rd, 2020, 07:44 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Release Schedule (Future Planning)

A thread to organize our plans to release these figures. This OP would be updated to include:
A) The name of a pack
B) It's intent (master set, large expansion, wave, etc.)
C) The names of each figure, linked to their working thread or final "Book of" thread.

Color Codes
Released
Playtesting
Fellowship A
Fellowship B
Other

Idea for sets:
Master Set 1: The Fellowship of the Ring
Gandalf [Jandar]
Aragorn [Jandar]
Legolas [Ullar]
Gimli [Aquilla]
Boromir [Jandar]
Frodo [Vydar]
Sam [Ullar]
Merry [Einar]
Pippin [Gondor]
Elrond [Ullar]
Nazgul (no fell beast, Uncommon Hero) [Utgar]
Cave Troll [Utgar] {Fellowship A}
Orcs of Moria (4) [Utgar]
Orcs of Moria Archers (3) [Utgar]
Orc Deep Drummer (Common) [Utgar] {Fellowship A}
Moria Orc Chieftan (Uncommon) [Utgar] {Fellowship A}
Durin's Bane [Valkrill]
Ugluk [Utgar] {Fellowship B}
Uruk-Hai Unique Squad (4) [Utgar] {Fellowship B}
Lurtz [Utgar] {Fellowship B}
(28 figures)

Wave 1: Path of the Fellowship

Pack 1: The Old Forest
Tom Bombadil [Ullar]
Goldberry [Ullar]
Barrow Wights [Unique Squad of 3] [Valkrill]

Pack 2: The Magic of Elves
Galadriel [Ullar]
Celeborn [Ullar]
Glorfindel [Ullar]
Cirdan [Ullar]
Haldir [Ullar]
Arwen [Ullar]

Pack 3: Riders & Orcs
Riders of Rohan (common squad, 3) [Einar]
Orcs of Mordor (common squad, 4) [Utgar]

Pack 4: Heroes of the Wold
Legolas 2.0 [Ullar]
Gimli 2.0 [Aquilla]
Eomer [Einar]
Gandalf the White [Jandar]
Grishnakh [Utgar]

Wave 2: Rohan

Pack 1: Invasion of Fanghorn
Sauroman [Vydar]
Treebeard [Ullar]
Ent (Uncommon) [Ullar]
Hurons (Common, 3) [Ullar]

Pack 2: Forces of Sauroman
Uruk-Hai Crossbowmen (3) [Utgar]
Dunlendings (3/4) [Vydar]
Uruk-Hai (4) [Utgar]

Pack 3: Defense of the Hornburg
Erkenbrand [Einar]
Rohan Soldiers (Common, 3) [Einar]
Rohan Archers (Common, 3) [Einar]

Pack 4: Heroes of the Golden Hall
Theoden [Einar]
Eowyn [Einar]
Hama [Einar]
Shadowfax
Grima Wormtonge [Vydar]

Wave 3: Gondor

Pack 1: The White Tree
Denathor [Jandar]
Beregond [Jandar]
Guards of the Citadel [Unique Squad, 4] [Jandar]

Pack 2: Men of Gondor
Soldiers of Minas Tirith [Jandar]
Knights of Dol Amroth [Jandar]

Pack 3: Archers of the Pelanor
Gondor Archers [Jandar]
Mordor Orc Archers [Utgar]

Pack 4: Heroes of the Pelanor Fields
Aragorn 2.0 [Jandar]
Prince Imrahil [Jandar]
Witch King [Utgar]
Gothmog [Utgar]
Grimbold [Einar]

Large Expansion 1: Beasts of the Pelanor Fields
Nazgul (Mounted on Fell Beast) [Utgar]
Oliphant [Vydar]
Olog-hai [Utgar]

Special Release: The Paths of the Dead

Pack 1: The Grey Company
Elladan [Ullar]
Elrohir [Ullar]
Halbarad [Jandar]
Rangers of the North [Unique Squad, 4] [Jandar]

Pack 2: The Tide Turns
Army of the Dead [common, 3/4] [Vydar]
Corsairs of Umbar [common, 3/4] [Utgar]

Wave 4: East of the Anduin

Pack 1: Travels Through Ithilien
Gollum [Vydar]
Faramir [Jandar]
Rangers of Gondor [Jandar]

Pack 2: Men of the South & East
Haradrim [Utgar]
Easterlings [Utgar]

Pack 3: The Black Gate Opens
The Mouth of Sauron [Utgar]
Gwarahir [Jandar]
Eagle [Uncommon Hero] [Jandar]

Pack 4: Heroes of Cirith Ungol
Shelob [Valkrill]
Shagrat [Utgar]
Gorbag [Utgar]

Master Set 2: Journey to the Lonely Mountain
Bilbo [Vydar]
Thorin [Aquilla]
Oin [Aquilla]
Gloin [Aquilla]
Dwalin [Aquilla]
Balin [Aquilla]
Bifur [Aquilla]
Kili [Aquilla]
Fili [Aquilla]
Bofur [Aquilla]
Dori [Aquilla]
Bombur [Aquilla]
Nori [Aquilla]
Ori [Aquilla]
Great Goblin [Utgar]
Wargs (Common Squad, 3) [Utgar]
Great Spider [Uncommon Hero] [Valkrill]
Smaug [Valkrill]
(20 figures)

Wave 6: The Battle of 5 Armies

Pack 1: Elves & Dwarves
Elves of Mirkwood (Common Squad, 3) [Ullar]
Dwarves of the Iron Hills (Common Squad, 4) [Aquilla]

Pack 2: Men & Friend
Soldiers of Lake-town (Common Squad, 3) [Einar]
Thrush [Ullar]

Pack 3: Untamed Beasts
Beorn [Aquilla]
Bodyguard of Bolg (Unique Squad, 4) [Utgar]

Pack 4: Heroes of Long Lake
Thranduil [Ullar]
Dain [Aquilla]
Bolg [Utgar]
Bard [Einar]

Last edited by Chris Perkins; June 25th, 2020 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added Generals
Old May 23rd, 2020, 11:34 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Release Schedule (Future Planning)

Nice thinking! I like this outline. This is good because it also gives us some more cards to focus on in our first "wave" of working on designs,

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:06 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This looks great!
Old May 23rd, 2020, 03:16 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

M only thought are:
Should we hold off on Durins Bane for a special release?
Do standard Orcs have much organization, I'm sure they're there somewhere, but I don't actually remember Lieutenants in Fellowship?
I'd like to work Galadriel in there in place of either of the above. Actually Arwen could probably wait until Aragorn is done being Strider.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 03:39 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From what I recall Orcs are organized into tribes mostly, I'd have to try and did for names of commanders but we can honestly take license with that as we know that they had to exist. Forces cannot exist without organization of some kind, we could even delve through the games to find some stuff if we needed to.

Galadriel is going to be a boss unit, she's effectively one of (if not THE) most powerful magical entities on Middle Earth. Arwen could come at some point, I'd be cool with that. We also need Glorifindel and the characters that were left out of the movie but actually did things that were attributed to Arwen
Old May 23rd, 2020, 03:40 PM

Yeah, I'd be down for adding Glorfindel.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 03:52 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There was some kind of "orc chieftan" or orc leader (I don't remember the phrase Tolkien used) in Moria who stabbed Frodo - that's what I was going for with "Orc Leutenant".

Regarding the other Elves, I was thinking about having another pack of "Heroes of Rivendel" w/ Arwen, Glorfindel, Eladan, & Elrohir. I don't think Glorfindel is crucial enough to include in the 1st 30 figures personally.

Galadriel was a tough exclusion, but similarly to the above I was thinking about having a pack of elves from Lorien (or maybe "Other high elves", with her & Cirden, maybe some more?).

I like the idea of including Durin's Bane in MS1 because I think it's nice to include one huge figure with eash MS (Smaug w/ The Hobbit likely) because it fits how they released classic scape, and it seems fitting to include Durin's Bane with the rest of the Moria figures.

I've added these new figures to the list as 'possibilities' though for the MS, pending more discussion.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 04:06 PM

I'm going to go through the story linearly and pull as many figures as I can and place them in initial "sets" that mirror the timeline of books.

These aren't intended to be final or anywhere near it - mostly I think it is helpful to have an enumerated list of all the figures we want and then we can adjust that list by release as we go / make decisions.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 04:21 PM

Good points all.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 05:20 PM

Ok, I added all the figures I could think of for the 3 LotR books in sets that are (mostly) chronological. Please point out any figures that I missed.

This should at least give us a good starting point.

At some point I'll do the same for the Hobbit as well.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 07:14 PM

Archie97 knows what's in an order marker Archie97 knows what's in an order marker

This seems like a great starting point! I'm sure it'll get tinkered with as time goes on, but the best plans always are!
Having the Balrog in the Master set could potentially be problematic. I like the idea, personally, but it does mean we'll be releasing something near the top end of the power level right at the get go, so I think we'll have to be very careful with point costs there, but I'm sure it'll work out.
Old May 24th, 2020, 01:21 PM

I added characters from The Hobbit (MS2 + Wave 5) and re-grouped the individual Packs less by timeline and more by geography so I could get exactly 4 packs into each wave like classic scape had.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs