Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old February 26th, 2010, 01:34 PM

cosmicgash is surprisingly tart
Re: HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

Speaking of low rep/no vouch traders...

I am relatively new to this site, and understand trepidations people may have, but I am trying to bolster my collection with all those hard to find stuffs and would be willing to ship first/pay quick etc to put someone at ease.

That being said...

WANTS
Knights of Weston (multiples)
Swog Rider (multiples)
Heavy Gruts (single single squad)
Minions of Utgar (single squad)
Aquilla's Alliance

HAVES (meagre, but it is what I gots)
Cash
RTTF x1
Castle x1
Warriors of Ashra x1
Shades of Bleakwood x1
Ninjas of the Northern Wind x1
Blastatrons x 2
Marvel Heroes
lots of ROTV duplicates and triplicates
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:49 PM

Spallit Woo who?

Want:
Acolarh Flagbearer

Have:
Ticalla Jungle
Swarm of the Marro Figures
Nakita Agents
Magic: Premium Sliver Deck (unopened)

Last edited by Spallit; February 26th, 2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:54 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thing is, I had already done a deal with the guy, and I suppose because I am 18 and can still remember trading from 13 on and never outing a single person in the process, I made an exception. Not to mention that he messaged me literally every time I signed on aim. A shame really, but I guess theres a chance he's lacking on the responsibility front and not being plain old malicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Just a random shout out I have not heard from venom_killed_superman around a week after paying him. I've done one successful deal with him, but now he's up and vanished and has not replied to my messages offline aim or on here. Anyone else having issues with him?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...44#post1023644

Just a little background info for anyone considering a trade with VKS...Check the latest bad trader's post linked above. I would put it all here but it is really long and I don't want to clutter this up too much with a bunch of negativity.

Be warned, it isn't pleasant. When you dig around in trash you find unpleasant things.

To be blunt: I thoroughly regret defending him the way I did. Anyone who wants to send me an, "I told ya so!" feel free.
This is why you don't trade with minors. Me, I'm in a different situaition. I can drive to his house, knock on his door, and talk with his mother about the situation. If you're in Oregon or California, it's probably not a bad idea to NOT trade with a minor 4000 miles away.

Caveat Emptor, people. I have had 50+ positive trades on Heroscapers.com now and a few hundred elsewhere (yes, I am trying to keep FedEx in business, personally) and if you make sure you know who you're dealing with, and do your due dilligence, you'll be better off.

Trade Rules For Skeptics:
1. Never trade with ANYONE you cannot drive to and back from in a weekend to recover your stuff. It may cost you some money, but at least you can get recovery.

2. Never, ever, ever trade with any minors unless you've talked to their parents personally, or unless you have friends within 30 minutes to contact their parents personally.

3. When a person has little Rep, or has few trade certifications, don't do it unless you're within the same state.

These 3 rules do limit what you can find, but they also limit your liability. Just remember how YOU were when you were <18, and keep that in mind when trying to do a business deal with a minor.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
I think that's a very strong thing to say. When I was 15 I made three great trades. I don't think that just because one minor has messed up, that you can just group all of us together. In fact half the time people don't even know the age of the person they're trading with.
Not really. Just because you didn't have your head entirely up your bum at 15 doesn't mean you're indicative of all 15 year olds either, now does it.

First, as a grown up, I ASK the tradee if they are a minor or not. Not only do I almost always STOP THERE if they are, I then PM them back telling them that for their own safety they shouldn't be online giving their address to complete strangers.

There's some sick F$#&s out there, and by doing so you're setting yourself up to get snatched, tortured and killed by some pedophile sicko. Read NinthDoc's excellent post about this subject in the Scapers Online forum.

Personally, if you're out there doing this sort of thing, I'm again thinking I don't want to deal with you because if your parents are irresponsible enough to LET you do it, either directly or by neglecting to understand your online habits, your parenting may be inadequate which AGAIN would indicate that it's not a good idea to get into a trade with you. If I don't have the opportunity to email or talk to a parent before trading, I'd be really uncomfortable, since as a parent, I'd want to know who my kids are talking to online.

Like it or not, safety of the kids here and potential litigation down the road, both criminal and/or civil, is a concern and should be paramount to every person who considers themselves to be a good online citizen.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:06 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've had great success trading with minors through this site. But my first step is to always converse with the parents. Superfly is spot on.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:13 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
I think that's a very strong thing to say. When I was 15 I made three great trades. I don't think that just because one minor has messed up, that you can just group all of us together. In fact half the time people don't even know the age of the person they're trading with.
There's some sick F$#&s out there, and by doing so you're setting yourself up to get snatched, tortured and killed by some pedophile sicko. Read NinthDoc's excellent post about this subject in the Scapers Online forum.

Personally, if you're out there doing this sort of thing, I'm again thinking I don't want to deal with you because if your parents are irresponsible enough to LET you do it, either directly or by neglecting to understand your online habits, your parenting may be inadequate which AGAIN would indicate that it's not a good idea to get into a trade with you.

Like it or not, safety of the kids here and potential litigation down the road, both criminal and/or civil, is a concern and should be paramount to every person who considers themselves to be a good online citizen.
That seems a bit extreme...well at least to me. I respect your views however, they are much like my Granduncle??? (Grandma's brother). I just find them radical. If I were to be in a trade with you and communicating in an adult fashion and you were to stop short just because you found out I was under 18, I would be offended. I guess it really comes down to how you were raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
I've had great success trading with minors through this site. But my first step is to always converse with the parents. Superfly is spot on.
If you were worreid though, that seems like the way to go.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
That seems a bit extreme...well at least to me. I respect your views however, they are much like my Granduncle??? (Grandma's brother). I just find them radical. If I were to be in a trade with you and communicating in an adult fashion and you were to stop short just because you found out I was under 18, I would be offended. I guess it really comes down to how you were raised.
As you may have heard before, and I tell you that I hated hearing it too, this is something you will understand when you're older.

People can be as honorable as they want, but the reality is that the world has become a very unsafe place and it's not safe for the minor or the adult to be overly trusting of people they've never met in person.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:25 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/2...as-new-method/

See what I mean?

There's 2 sides to this:
As a parent, I'd NEVER let my kid give out her address online to a stranger. I have her internet locked out to the "Webkinz" level. I don't want a stalker at my house.

The flipside is that if some kid goes missing, his browsing habits end up at the FBI and some agent shows up at my door asking where I was on So-And-So Date and Time, I'd be pissed off.

It's just not wise for either party involved.

Remember that "communicating in an adult fashion" does not in any way make you safe from a predator. Just because you're honorable does NOT mean that the person offering the trade is. Further, the ability to communicate at a higher level of vocabulary is NOT indicative of good judgement. If you are a minor and you trade on ANY site, even one as innocuous and safe as this one, you are putting yourself at tremendous potential risk, and you should ALWAYS consult with your parents first and have them involved.

Sick bastards are VERY good at making you feel "safe and comfortable" or they wouldn't be able to perpetrate the crimes they commit. If a con man isn't a good con man, he's not a con man, he's just a bad liar, right?

NINTHDOC'S POST ON INTERNET SAFETY:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=2958

READ IT. UNDERSTAND IT. APPLY IT TO YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY. It may save your life.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:41 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/2...as-new-method/

See what I mean?

There's 2 sides to this:
As a parent, I'd NEVER let my kid give out her address online to a stranger. I have her internet locked out to the "Webkinz" level. I don't want a stalker at my house.

The flipside is that if some kid goes missing, his browsing habits end up at the FBI and some agent shows up at my door asking where I was on So-And-So Date and Time, I'd be pissed off.
I think it's just two different lifestyles. If I asked my mom's opinion she'd back me up, however if I asked my Granduncle he'd probably side with you. I think that we just have to agree to disagree and get back to trading.

P.S. That guys an idiot. Who falls in love over yahoo chat...

Anyways back to trading...
I have:
4th Mass x1
TJ
Templar Calvary
KoWx2

(Every things open, though they're all being taken care of in a smoke/pet free house)

I'm looking for:
Axegrinders x4
Migol

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To be fair, that was in Nigeria. Not exactly the best example in the world.

But I'll gladly third or fourth SuperflyTnT here. The Internet isn't the boogie man some people make it out to be, but don't be stupid either. Would you walk around handing strangers your home address or phone number? Safety always first.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

I really want to complete my collection, and I need your help

Need
Win-Chiu
Tundra Set
Jungle set
Armoc Vipers
Aubrien Archers
Blastatrons
Deathstalkers
Einar Imperium
Gladiatrons
Gorillinators
Heavy Gruts
Knights of Weston
Marrden Hounds
Sacred Band
Sentinels of Jandar
Shades of Bleakwoode
Shaolin Monks
Swog Rider
Tagawa Samurai Archers

Have to trade
EOV figures and card
Nerak figure and card
WofA and Deathreavers pack (wave 10, unopened)
FOTA (unused)
Moon Tribe (unopened)
Agent Carr
Airborne Elite
Deathwalker 9000
Finn the Viking Champion
Grimnak
Izumi Samurai
Krav Maga Agents
Marro Warriors
Mimring
Ne-Gok-Sa
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
Sgt. Drake Alexander
Syvarris
Tarn Viking Warriors
Thorgrim the Viking Champion
Zettian Guards
Crixus
Retiarius
Spartacus
Ana Karithon
Darrak Ambershard
Erevan Sunshadow
Othkurik the Black Dragon
Pelloth
Tandros Kreel

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Last edited by Ryougabot; April 16th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM

I've got 3 Castle sets, open but very complete..is anyone interested?

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online