Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 27th, 2021, 09:40 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

It'd be a lot of fun to have another Raptorian, I think. I'd also be remiss to not mention that I found that the Beakface Rogue was a poor fit for the Raptorian armies; neither the Beakface Sneaks nor the Quorik Warwitch really want to stay engaged, and the Clawfoot Interceptor provided a more consistent access to 5 attack with some additional utility. Given how much the Archer, Rogue, and Sneaks all look like they belong together, it could be neat to have something that ties them together just a bit more.

That said, responding to some of your ideas:
Cover Fire #2 and Support Fire
I think that these are likely to underwhelm in play. There simply aren't a ton of Raptorians that want to stay engaged to an opposing figure or that have the defense to reliably survive a melee attack. The Sneaks are notorious at this with 2 defense and Evasive 3, and the Warwitch would ideally like to Flutter away and stay unengaged to use her Orb of Pain SA. Given how niche staying engaged can be for them, I don't think that another figure based around that bonus will gel super nicely with them.

Cover Fire #1
This is also a problem with the Quorik Warwitch to a certain extent, but if the figure is just providing a way to conditionally get two attacks of 3 (from height), then why not just focus on the Sneaks who can get two attacks of 4 while also developing more figures? The birds are cheap and spammable, after all.

Clear Shot
I don't really have much to say about this one; it works decently well, but I think that the Archer itself would need a bit more punch to be worth an OM in a Raptorian build.

Throwing out another rough idea for brainstorming:
MURDER OF CROWS
After using the Flocking power, you may take a turn with a Beakface Archer that you control. During this turn, that Beakface Archer may only attack.
That combined with a base defense of 2 and Evasive 3 like the Sneaks would make the Archer quite fragile but useful to have close enough to the frontlines to get off some shots. Given that the biggest weakness of the Sneaks is often how few attacks they get in per OM, it would be pretty appealing to draft some archers in addition to the birds and give them their own niche to fulfill while still feeling like the other Beakfaces.

Another route could be to have it occur after taking a turn with a Raptorian Hero (working with the Warwitch or Rogue to bring them more fully into the umbrella), but I fear that this would just make the Interceptor even stronger in the build and depending on how the Archer pans out, people may just take only Archers and combo them off of each other. I also think that it feels a bit more boring as a "normal" form of attack bonding with other heroes, rather than something following the unique form of synergy already tying the Raptorians together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards