Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 15th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Green Central Power Battery - Breathing Peri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
The second seems fine to me if it works for people that know/care more about bigass lanterns, that’s all I got
I mean, if I made a list of people most likely to hack Surge and Hal Jordan into a bigass lantern, you'd be right up there.
Can I count that as a Yea for testing?
Old October 15th, 2019, 09:52 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Green Central Power Battery - VOTE for Initi

Haven't been too invested in this one, since I'm not that up on the theme and there's been some back and forth.

What's with the Aura power preventing defense reduction? Is that supposed to just grant immunity to stuff like Sinestro's SA's defense subtraction? I'd go for an interpretation more like handing out the Fearless personality.

I'd also prefer if the mechanics of handing out the battery and recharging were closer. Feels like it'd be easier to play if you didn't have two different timings.

Realize you probably weren't looking for design thoughts, but gotta dig into the thing before voting, and those were my thoughts on giving the thing a look.
Old October 15th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

No I was looking for design thoughts, but I got to a reasonable spot and the best way to get feedback around here sometimes is to start a vote.

The preventing the reduction of attack and defence is the closest mechanical space I could find to represent willpower. If it just gave them immunity from YL effects that wouldn't be the most interesting design space, I prefer a broader application.

As for the triggers, I wouldn't be super opposed to making you skip attacking to equip the Glyph. That would make it impossible to recharge at the same time which is probably better. Right now, Kilowog can start next to the DO, burn a Marker, equip a Glyph and recharge all on the first turn of the game.
Old October 15th, 2019, 10:43 PM
Tickle Pickle

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

CONSISTENCY CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 15th, 2019, 11:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
No I was looking for design thoughts, but I got to a reasonable spot and the best way to get feedback around here sometimes is to start a vote.
Oh, groovy.

Quote:
The preventing the reduction of attack and defence is the closest mechanical space I could find to represent willpower. If it just gave them immunity from YL effects that wouldn't be the most interesting design space, I prefer a broader application.
Fearless status comes with a few other effects as well.

Personally I think the Aura part doesn't need to be that generally useful because the GL recharge is so generally useful. Okay for me if the aura bit is more secondary.

In general, the "no Defense reduction" bit scans weirdly to me because we use defense reduction as a physical property of something (like Wolverine's claws) more often than an intimidation thing, and our previous "no Defense reduction" powers are on Ultron and Armor, and are meant to convey physical resilience.

The "no Attack reduction" half I can actually swallow a lot more easily. It feels more like an "actively powering through something getting you down" sort of effect.

Quote:
As for the triggers, I wouldn't be super opposed to making you skip attacking to equip the Glyph. That would make it impossible to recharge at the same time which is probably better. Right now, Kilowog can start next to the DO, burn a Marker, equip a Glyph and recharge all on the first turn of the game.
Yeah, I like moving them both into the same place in the turn.
Old October 16th, 2019, 10:31 AM
Tickle Pickle

Thanks for your feedback. You make a good point about Defense vs Attack reduction and I have dropped the defense part from this card. I like the addition of the Fearless personality so I added that in it's place.

Also I have changed picking up the Glyph to be instead of attacking so you cannot pick up the Glyph and charge a Marker at the same time.
Old October 16th, 2019, 02:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good calls. Nice feedback, Ronin.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 16th, 2019, 11:10 PM
Symbiotic

yea
Old October 16th, 2019, 11:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

I appreciate the feedback. This passes.

I'll try to hit this tomorrow after Phantom Stranger.
Old October 17th, 2019, 09:19 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Green Central Power Battery - Initial Playte

Sweet! Glad to see this moving along. I think once the template is fully established here, the other Central Batteries should be a breeze.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 17th, 2019, 09:59 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Finally got around to looking this over. A little late yeah, but it is what it is. I skimmed the thread a tiny bit and saw the discussion on draftable DO's that aren't vehicles. That was my first thought, too. But if we're good pushing through that now, it shouldn't be a problem. It's also pretty darn self-explanatory, not sure we'd need a new rulebook.

That said the design itself I'm not sure is even worth 250. Feels a bit like the Marro Hive. Very cool effects, but only really great in massive battles. I don't think I'd want to spend 250 or so on this when I could just draft another GL.

The mini glyphs are cool.

My only real concern is that the GLs with all of the markers are putzy already, and now we're adding not only a huge stack of markers in addition, but also a Glyphs too. I probably wouldn't want to use this much for that reason alone. That's a lot of hardware. Same reason I don't play Mandarin too often, or too many vigilantes with the utility belt at the same time.

It doesn't seem to bother most people though, I just like to bring it up. It's a really cool design otherwise.
Old October 17th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Tickle Pickle

I wouldn’t be surprised if 250 is way too high but everyone seems to think they will be expensive. I will see how they play out in testing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library