Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 22nd, 2019, 05:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
I would like to see Mad Jim Jasper. If no one has a write up I'll make one.
Fixed

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 22nd, 2019, 06:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
I would like to see Mad Jim Jasper. If no one has a write up I'll make one.
I fixed the grammar of your post for you.
I mean, if we're going to get cranky about grammar, might as well go all in, right?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 23rd, 2019, 08:46 AM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

"Sir James Jaspers (aka Mad Jim Jaspers) is a fictional supervillain appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character was created by Dave Thorpe and Alan Davis for the Captain Britain stories in Marvel UK comics and later developed by Alan Moore.

Jaspers was a British member of Parliament with a mutated brain that enabled him to alter reality; an unfortunate side effect of this power was that it quickly drove him mad once he began to use it on a larger scale. He led an anti-superhuman campaign so that he could play with the world without interference. His character design was based on the English comic actor Terry-Thomas."-Wiki

The reason i asked is because he is a Captain Britain villain He can manipulate reality. He is super O.P. I can make a quick write up, I thought more people knew Mad Jim Jaspers.

Old May 23rd, 2019, 08:50 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think that image posted correctly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 23rd, 2019, 09:23 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I know of him, but never read anything with him in it. Couldn't really pitch any ideas.
Old May 24th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I've been reading a whole bunch of Captain Britain recently, so maybe expect some Cap Brit ideas

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old May 24th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

(I know I'd like to maybe try out an Original Captain Britain design)

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old May 25th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's something we briefly discussed on the Discord; Atomic Robo. Soundwarp had some ideas for powers, and I ran with them, but ended up going with a pretty different take.

Soundwarp's version
Quote:
'Immune to bullets type power’
If Atomic Robo would receive exactly one wound, he ignores that wound.

Action Science
After revealing an order marker on a Scientist Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that Scientist, if there are at least 3 enemy figures within 4 clear sight spaces of that Scientist, you may choose 1 other Scientist or Soldier unique Hero you control and take a turn with that Hero.

‘Smart guy type power’
At the start of any player’s turn, you may choose 1 unique Hero within 4 spaces of Atomic Robo. All of that Hero’s special powers are negated for that player’s turn. You can only use this power once per game.
My version
Quote:
NAME = ATOMIC ROBO
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = FLIPPANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

TESLA GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4 + Special.
After attacking with this special attack, Atomic Robo may attack one additional time, rolling a number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the first attack. Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by this special attack.

BUILT LIKE A TANK
When rolling defense, for each shield you roll you may count a blank rolled as a shield.

ACTION SCIENTIST
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Atomic Robo, if he is within 4 spaces of 2 or more enemy figures, you may take a turn with a Scientist or Soldier you control within clear sight of Atomic Robo, and you may not take any additional turns with figures you control.

SUPER STRENGTH
Other ideas I had included switching out the Tesla Gun for other weapons (regular guns or grenades probably) or even Wisecrack.
Old May 25th, 2019, 03:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Don't know the character but it looks interesting and I dig the scientist synergy. I kind of prefer a mix of the two versions though.
Old May 25th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What do you like about each design?
Old May 25th, 2019, 05:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Bear in mind that I don't know anything about the character, a card that looks more like this seem really interesting to me from a design perspective.

NAME = ATOMIC ROBO
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = FLIPPANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

TESLA GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4 + Special.
After attacking with this special attack, Atomic Robo may attack one additional time, rolling a number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the first attack. Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by this special attack.

BUILT LIKE A TANK
If Atomic Robo would receive exactly one wound, he ignores that wound.

ACTION SCIENTIST
After revealing an Order Marker on a Scientist or Soldier Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that figure, if there are 3 or more enemy figures within 4 clear sight spaces of that figure, you may take a turn with Atomic Robo, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SUPER STRENGTH

So one power from each version (with a name swap on the defense power), and one power that is a re-imagining of the two previous ideas.

The name Action Scientist invokes the idea that he's the one who is a scientist that jumps into action when needed, so I reversed the bonding such that he's the one that gets the free turn when an ally scientist or soldier is in trouble.

Also adjusted the stats a bit, the Tank power only works for me with the lower base defense because it's pretty good, but it's more interesting to me than blanks as shields. We've done that in a few other places. Then a base attack of 6 is really strong, Superman has a base attack of 7 after all, so I bumped it down to 5. Otherwise at 6 attack, I don't think I would ever use the Tesla Gun unless I was trying to avoid a defensive power like Counterstrike. Having a Scientist run around punching everyone and never using his science inspired gun seems way off tilt to me. At 5 base attack, I would consider using the Tesla Gun SA more often so it creates a good balance between the two options IMO.
Old May 25th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Just A Head

Looks cool!

The reason I went with blanks=shields is because I was worried Soundwarp’s version was already a power somewhere (I should mention, his is taken from his own custom collection) If it’s not been used before that works for me.

In the comics, he’s usually the front-man, with his team backing him up. That’s what I was going for with my Action Scientist (plus trying to close out a loop with Mr. Fantastic) I think it could work the other too though.

Stat adjust sounds good, I was worried that nobody would go for the 5 attack if you could get 4 and then a second attack, but you’re probably right.

I kinda personally see him more as an Adventurer (the book is ostensibly science-themed, but he spends way more time on wacky adventures vs. sitting around science-ing), but I think Scientist will give him the right synergies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy