Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 7th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Pandemic today - 2 times yesterday for 1-1 with 3 of us on the easy then today twice on the regular and we went 1-1 again, but the other 2 really like this one

Infinite cityx3 - I think I am starting to not like how the people who go last screw the guy who used up his tokens first

Pirate vrs Pirate - what a great game with 3, I really enjoy this one ( we got in 2 today and I won both )

a bunch of Kung fu this morning and yesterday - really enjoy this with just 2 people

Kingdoms a bunch yesterday - best with 2 people also

It's alive x3, I won 2 of them, I do enjoy the auction part of this, it is neat how once in a while the guy who finshes his monster first does not win when someone else has a ton of $

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:30 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Anyone pick up the newly released Betrayal at the House on the Hill?

I'm jostling between this and mansion of madness.
I'm doing the same but, I'll probably end up with both.

I've been playing a new dexterity word game called Konexi. Quick, simple and good with kids.

I'd be interested in hearing from people who have played HoH because the demo makes it look like you just run around until someone turns into a monster and then you stand there, and pound each other until someone wins. Not sure what that does for replay value.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old October 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Quick game of Ascension tonight. I wish I had gotten a few more games in this week, but it has been hectic. Hopefully things will be better next week.
Old October 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got in two games of Heroscape tonight, getting to play some D2 for the first time. I had a blast using the Ogre WarHulk and Shurrak to plow their way through Vipers, killing 3 each per OM. Unfortunately they weren't enough and I lost (with Mindflayer Mastermind dying quickly after his larger allies fell, though he did get one successful OM removal through Pscionic attack).
I also got to try Kurrok's Firestorm +1 Air Elemental. I lost against Omincrons x2, Zetacron and Nilfheim. That's a tough matchup with all the range, and Nilf is always tough. I did manage to eliminate everything but Nilfheim, who was down to 1 wound left (and he was on lower ground, vs an Air Elemental. I feel one more attack and I could have won). Close game.

Nice to get some scape in, since it had been months since I'd played.
Old October 7th, 2010, 10:29 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdgrant View Post
I wish I had gotten a few more games in this week, but it has been hectic. Hopefully things will be better next week.
Same here, though I'm making up for it at game night Friday at Pilgrim's. We're playing something epic. TI3, Age of Empires, Runewars and Axis & Allies are all possibilities.

-insert signature here-
Old October 8th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lots of Ascension in the past 24 hours. I'd say at least 10 games, putting my total up beyond 140 games. I did buy Dominion today, and I'm looking forward to see what the differences are.

Played a few games of Race for the Galaxy as well. We're finding a little more variation from the all military or all develops path. Playing 1v1 games sometimes takes away from the nuances of games, but with Ascension it seems to just allow different aspects to come out. I assume the same is true for most games.

I hate to announce that I haven't even thought about Heroscape recently other than contemplating whether or not I should start selling off my pretty massive collection.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old October 8th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

gulp - unless your strapped for cash, don't sell the HS stuff - never ever ever I say, lol. It would be a pain to get later in life.

2 games of HS last night - for my friends B-day I used the Roman archers - wow do they suck, it was painful to play them I tell you - I had raelin and placed her wrong to add insult to injury I tell you.

Pandemic is really fun, finally got to play it a few times with 3 people and it works really well, now I want to try Red November since it is a co-op also

I gamed all day yesterday, got my 10 games a day going for another month - but since my back went out on me last night I am not sure how much more gaming I will be doing in the next few days - ouch.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old October 8th, 2010, 10:02 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
gulp - unless your strapped for cash, don't sell the HS stuff - never ever ever I say, lol. It would be a pain to get later in life.

2 games of HS last night - for my friends B-day I used the Roman archers - wow do they suck, it was painful to play them I tell you - I had raelin and placed her wrong to add insult to injury I tell you.

Pandemic is really fun, finally got to play it a few times with 3 people and it works really well, now I want to try Red November since it is a co-op also

I gamed all day yesterday, got my 10 games a day going for another month - but since my back went out on me last night I am not sure how much more gaming I will be doing in the next few days - ouch.
Red November is a lot of fun, but it is a bit more random than Pandemic. But the art is great, and there's just the absurdity of drunken panicky gnomes on a submarine. It scales very well in my opinion and you can easily play with just two people controlling multiple characters to no ill effect.

Old October 8th, 2010, 12:14 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We finally got in a couple games of Invasion. Both times we played the basic scenario, Heroes must kill 20 martians (Zard Beast not counting) and the Martians only need 2 kills.

The first time we played we only used the basic cards to get a feel for the rules. The second game we added in the other 20 cards and I explained the new fire rules, which Im very excited to try out in LNoE.

The Invasion Heroes are really hard to kill. Especially if they have R.J. Flannigan. He has an ability to heal characters that are around him by using a power token. Power Tokens are gained each turn if a 5 or 6 is rolled on a the Power die.

Towards the end of our second game it became apparent to me that depleting the Hero deck was actually a strong possibility. There are numerous cards that force the heroes to discard cards. Cone of Light is similar to Taken Over but also forces a discard at the beginning of the Martian turn. Also theres the Proto Bomb. You keep using command points to build it up. Once it comes into play the Heroes must discard twice the amount you used to build it. So if over 10 turns I kept using one command point to build the Proto bomb when it comes into play the Heroes would have to discard 20 cards. If that wasnt enough theres also They're Here. Heroes must discard a card for each Martian pack on the board.

The heroes had maybe 10-15 cards left at the end of our second game. It was also funny when Cassidy came into play and couldnt pick up her Brace of Pistols because they had gotten discarded.

Edit: She actually couldve picked them up. She searches Hero deck first, then discard. IF they are not there (either removed or already in play) she doesnt get to start with them.

I really like the choices that are available to the Martians. The command phase really makes you think about what you want to do. Right now I think I favor IfO over LNoE.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played some Battleground: Crossbows and Catepults last night. It was a great 3 vs. 3 game. Lots of fun. Go Orcs! Hopefully will get some Small World and Summoner Wars in today.
Old October 8th, 2010, 12:59 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
We finally got in a couple games of Invasion. Both times we played the basic scenario, Heroes must kill 20 martians (Zard Beast not counting) and the Martians only need 2 kills.

The first time we played we only used the basic cards to get a feel for the rules. The second game we added in the other 20 cards and I explained the new fire rules, which Im very excited to try out in LNoE.

The Invasion Heroes are really hard to kill. Especially if they have R.J. Flannigan. He has an ability to heal characters that are around him by using a power token. Power Tokens are gained each turn if a 5 or 6 is rolled on a the Power die.

Towards the end of our second game it became apparent to me that depleting the Hero deck was actually a strong possibility. There are numerous cards that force the heroes to discard cards. Cone of Light is similar to Taken Over but also forces a discard at the beginning of the Martian turn. Also theres the Proto Bomb. You keep using command points to build it up. Once it comes into play the Heroes must discard twice the amount you used to build it. So if over 10 turns I kept using one command point to build the Proto bomb when it comes into play the Heroes would have to discard 20 cards. If that wasnt enough theres also They're Here. Heroes must discard a card for each Martian pack on the board.

The heroes had maybe 10-15 cards left at the end of our second game. It was also funny when Cassidy came into play and couldnt pick up her Brace of Pistols because they had gotten discarded.

I really like the choices that are available to the Martians. The command phase really makes you think about what you want to do. Right now I think I favor IfO over LNoE.

What the heck?!? I didn't realize this was out! CSI shows it still as listed as a pre-order...

Old October 8th, 2010, 02:29 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I pre-ordered mine at Gencon. Got it this last Monday.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games