Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 26th, 2020, 07:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of The Doctor (1st) (Initial Playtesting)

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 26th, 2020, 07:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

New York City?
Old September 29th, 2020, 02:35 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: The Doctor (1st)

Army Test 1
Map: Dracula’s Castle (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (750): The Doctor (80), Cyclops II (240), Deadpool (285), Blink (145)
Team 2 (750): Doom Patrol

Pre-game thoughts: One weakness this army has is 3 different units that all want the X marker to be at their most effective. No clue if that’ll slow them down, but it’s a pretty stacked army other than that.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Doom Patrol overpowered, please re-eval.

Yeah, I think sharing the X really brought this team down. DP also relies pretty heavily on positioning, so I was hoping Blink could do a bit of disruption, but that didn’t really pan out. The Doctor just felt like an odd duck out and mostly sat around all game.

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): 1st Doctor (80), 11th Doctor (160), Batman II w/ Batarangs, Smoke Pellet, and Flashbang (250), Batwoman w/ Smoke Pellet and Flashbang (180), Tim Drake (120), Damian Wayne (80), Mia Dearden (80), Lucius Fox w/ Bat-Grapple, Smoke Pellet, Flashbang, Bolas, Infrared Goggles
Team 2 (1,000): Mister Fantastic (235), Invisible Woman (215), Thing I (325), Future Foundation Spider-Man (225)

Pre-game thoughts: Lots of no SS/Flying candidates for Doc #1 to work with, as well as lots of Glyphs for Doc #11 to work with.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: A pretty solid victory here. The 1st Doctor did his part, helping to reposition his allies and getting a nice unblockable in at one point.

I will note that Lasting Wisdom seems pretty hard to trigger - he’s not a big target, so unless he’s up in the enemy’s face they’re likely to ignore him. You can move him up faster, but then you’re wasting resources that could be better spent on other units.

Army Test 3
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (760): The Doctor (90), Captain America (240), Bucky (60), Deathstroke (280), Angel (90)
Team 2 (760): Cybermen x3 (360), Cyber-Conversion Unit x2 (160), Civilians x2 (90), Zangief (150)

Pre-game thoughts: Angel has flying so he’s excluded from the Doctor’s effects, but he’s just a good toss-in unit anyways.

Zangief is going to lead the Cybermen army - maybe once he’s about dead they’ll try to convert him.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Another decent win, with some solid use out of Flanking Strike Scheme.

Cybermen felt pretty okay here. I think they could’ve actually had a win in them if Cap didn’t mow them down.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Flanking Strike Scheme is a very useful little ability. He almost feels Oracle-esque - he’s pretty generalist and just adds on to the efficiency of your army. Unlike Oracle though, he feels less automatic in what he brings to the table, which I think is a good thing.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Gotta admit I’m disappointed only ⅓ of his powers actually came into play. I think he’s just too easy for the enemy to ignore as is. What he’s providing to your team is useful, but not useful enough for the enemy to ignore your Caps and Batmans to chase after him. I think it’s worth reworking him a bit to make sure all his powers feel useful, even if it ups his cost a bit.
Only took me a month, but he's finished!
Old September 29th, 2020, 02:48 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. I was just telling my friend that you introduced Dr. Who into C3G.
Too bad he is not working out. Not sure what to suggest though.
Old September 29th, 2020, 02:48 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

So here's the changes I'm considering;
Quote:
NAME = THE DOCTOR (Crossover Symbol)
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = GALLIFREYAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WANDERER
PERSONALITY = GRANDFATHERLY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 120?

FLANKING STRIKE SCHEME
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card and taking a turn with that card, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this Army Card to choose up to two figures you control without the Super Strength or Flying special powers and move them up to 4 spaces. After moving those figures, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure engaged with both chosen figures. Figures moved with Flanking Strike Scheme will take any leaving engagement attacks and must be within 4 spaces of the Doctor before moving.

DELICATE HEALTH
At the end of each round, if this card has any wound markers on it, roll a single attack die. If a skull is rolled, place one wound marker on this card.

LEAD FROM BEHIND
While there is a revealed Order Marker on this card and the Doctor is unengaged, all figures you control without the Super Strength or Flying special powers within 4 clear sight spaces of the Doctor add 1 to their Defense number.
I'm kind of torn on replacing Lasting Wisdom with Lead From Behind. Lasting Wisdom feels really cool and thematic to me. I like how it puts him in kind of a Ben Kenobi/Gandalf role, and how it shouts out his role in most of the Multi-Doctor specials. But it also just never got used in all 3 of my games. Maybe Delicate Health will change that, but I'd still rather see him doing something useful. I could go either way.
Old September 29th, 2020, 03:01 PM

I think you will regret not having Lasting Wisdom after you LD a few more Doctors.
Old September 29th, 2020, 05:22 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think you will regret not having Lasting Wisdom after you LD a few more Doctors.
Very possible. It just feels like it’s not encouraging the right playstyle at the moment, especially played with other Doctors. You want to kill him off early to get as much of the boost as possible. That clashes with him wanting to stick around to use Flanking Strike Scheme as many times as he can. (Which feels like the far more fun and thematic strategy.)

I think Delicate Health will help make him a juicier target for the enemy to at least get some wounds on, and shortening the effective range of FSS will force him to be in the thick of things a little more. So I guess we could try keeping Lasting Wisdom and see if him being more vulnerable makes it shine more.
Old September 29th, 2020, 05:38 PM

I would just drop Delicate Health and lower his Defense to 0. That should make him plenty juicy.
Then he can have LFB and LW.
Old September 29th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

What about Failing Health (off Thora) and Lasting Wisdom? That way there's basically a timer/set number of uses for him before he becomes a ghost or whatever.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 29th, 2020, 10:47 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
What about Failing Health (off Thora) and Lasting Wisdom? That way there's basically a timer/set number of uses for him before he becomes a ghost or whatever.
I like that idea.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 29th, 2020, 11:54 PM
Just A Head

I think he didn’t take a single turn in my last 2 games, so I don’t think Failing Health would do much. (That may change as we add Companions, but I think he should feel correct as-is now.)

Is there a general dislike for Delicate Health as a power, removed from this specific design? I honestly would never have created a second power for Foster Thor in the first place, since I think Delicate Health works pretty well.

I feel like both Lead From Behind and Lasting Wisdom would be a but too stacked for a retro 60s design, personally. It would be my preference to stick to one or the other, but I’m also open to other opinions on pretty much all of this.
Old September 30th, 2020, 12:13 AM

Nah, I'm fine with Delicate Health. I was just hoping the suggested change would help the stated problem. It sounds like that's not the case.

I prefer Lasting Wisdom, but I'll defer to your preference.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library