Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 27th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Proud father and coach

Hey guys, I don't really have alot of friends around my area, but I just had to tell someone. For those who don't know, I am a single father of a wonderful 6 yr old. This year I started coaching his sports teams. We had a soccer game today. This is my son's 4th season(U7) since he was 3 yrs old and my 2nd season coaching soccer for him.

He scored his first goal ever in soccer today! I told him before the game just to do his best and I bet he would score 1 goal. He dribbled through a couple of defenders and while one tried to take the ball he put it in the goal from about 8 ft. out. My son is very skinny as I was and not very athletic, but when he used the skills I coached him at and put that ball in the goal, I couldn't help to explode as his father and his coach.

~xraine69

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Proud father and coach

Howdy! That's cool that you're your son's coach. And it's even better that he made a goal in soccer! Was it a good day today for you?

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
Howdy! That's cool that you're your son's coach. And it's even better that he made a goal in soccer! Was it a good day today for you?
Yes, all the boys played a great game. There are 6 playerson the team and everyone did a great job. The smallest boy on the team made me think he was a bumper in pinball. Everytime you turned around a ball was bouncing off his shins. He did a great job of getting in front of the ball.

Old September 27th, 2010, 07:28 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congratulations!

Seeing the hard work both you and your son put in and come to fruition in a game is one of my personal high moments as a parent. When I was Coaching my ex-step sons(??) in baseball and seeing them perform well and to see the team rally around their performances just gave me the greatest sense of pride and joy I have ever had.

Enjoy these moments with your boy (I'm sure you will) because they eventually grow up.
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:57 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congratulations, you and your son should be proud. It is always important to remember what is really important in life. I once heard a speech from a famous CEO who said that if you fail as a parent, none of your other accomplishments really matter.
Old September 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Man - I got all excited yesterday when my 1-year old was holding his rubber ducky and said "Duck". I can't wait to get to these types of things.

Go son of xraine!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Awesome, xraine. That's the best. Thanks for sharing.

KC, you just wait until he's old enough to play Reinar Knizia's Flea Circus and you have a little gamer to train.

edit: I was tricked into coaching flag football for one season. Never ever coaching youth sports again. Hard and thankless. No, I'll sit on the side with my lawn chair and a book, and be grateful others are willing.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 28th, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:42 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

i remember my soccer days, dad never coached, but my coaches were great. We took division champions in the Colorado Youth Rush Leagues 6 years running. Then high school hit
Old September 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

I was in your situation a number a years ago - single father of two boys. Both have grown into fine young men, of whom I am very proud. But I do miss the days you describe. Enjoy them while they are here.

Follower of Vydar
Aged Newbie
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:44 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

That's awesome xraine! As a father of 2 and a coach/dad, I can appreciate your joy. I bet it was almost hard to stop smiling after that.

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Scenariographer

It's 2 days later and I'm still smiling about it.

Old September 28th, 2010, 07:25 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

One of my proudest accomplishments as a father (stepdad) was watching my boys become know for their work ethic and watching them become starting pitchers because of it. No lip just hard practice and welcome reception of constructive criticism.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General