Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old March 25th, 2008, 02:26 AM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
I see a major problem with what was done here. If someone stole something of mine and called it thier own, I would be up in arms. I don't see an issue in the acquiring of the games if he did talk to all those that he said he did, so long as he truly did that. However, plagerism is a major offense IMHO.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old March 25th, 2008, 04:09 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
You guys do realize that this is about pic's on the INTERNET.If the pics did not have watermarks they are fair game,none of you have ever sent pics to your friends from other websites?
Old March 25th, 2008, 04:46 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
You guys do realize that this is about pic's on the INTERNET.If the pics did not have watermarks they are fair game,none of you have ever sent pics to your friends from other websites?
Yes indeed but we don't say "I shot it" and get goldsomething for it. Maybe if JCB didn't know Hahn, I would've understood.

Is there an authorship option in submitting photos in Board Geek? What? There is? Then he had no reason to not give credit to himself.

Sometimes big deals are not so big if they're not personal to us.

Old March 25th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I believe that is besides the point when you look at everything. He took credit for someone elses pictures while he knew it was the wrong thing to do. What gets me a bit angry is not just the fact that he stole someone elses pictures but when he came here to explain himself he focused mainly on a little part of what GrungeBob said while not focusing on the Apology at all.He didn't apologize and I feel that is what is really wrong. It means he isn't even sorry for doing it and he doesn't think it is wrong. That is what else in this whole case that really pisses me off. Instead of coming on these boards and saying he was sorry and making an excuse he tried to pawn it off as he should have taken it to pm,or he should have done it in private instead he realised some people thought it should been private so he played it off as that,and didn't even apologize!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 25th, 2008, 05:43 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
When you upload an image to boardgamegeek.com it VERY CLEARLY asks you to check one of these two boxes before submitting an image:
  • I created this image myself.
    I didn't create this image, but have received permission from the rights holder to post it here.
That really leaves no room for grey area.
Old March 25th, 2008, 05:58 AM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
since I don't have a bgg account does it ask you that same question when you choose your avatar? I doubt many people draw their own avatars meaning that almost every avatar has been stolen from some other source on the internet
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
"Whoever is faithful in a very little is faithful also in much; and whoever is dishonest in a very little is dishonest also in much." --Jesus, quoted in Luke 16:10
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart
IMO, Hahn is right to be pissed. JCB, no apology or anything? WTF? Really?

On the flip side, I won't question whether it was "right" to make this a public issue on Heroscapers, as the admins have already decided it is - let's leave it at that.

However! Should this be moved to a different forum other than "HeroScape News"? Isn't this the, like, official news forum? Maybe General Discussion?

JCB, man, you gotta apologize. You've been outted publicly, and have lost all credibility.

As your attorney, I advise you to try to start to get it back. Apologize and stop this noise.

/Boozehammer LLC, Attorney-at-Law
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch
If the pictures were posted in a "publicly accessible" place like heroscapers, I'm not sure that you can claim to have copyrights or not. If you wanted copy rights to your pictures, you should have taken the necessary steps. Consult a copy rights lawyers before you declare war. Did you intend to make profit from the pictures? Why did you post them for free in a publicly accessible website? Your claim and your actions are not consistent, but I'm not a lawyer. It just does not make sense. The whole thing is ridiculous IMO.
Not sure if you have any clue how BBG.com works, and for those of you who don't, it's like this. When you submit articles, reviews, or PICTURES you are paid with "Geek Gold" It's the coin of the realm over there. You then use it to upgrade your account.

I'm not saying I owned the right to the Scape stuff in the pictures. It's the fact that he is PROFITING from my work. That's called theft plain and simple.

The wave 7 cards that Truth had posted months before they hit the stores? Guess what he posted those to as his own work. On BGG if you like something you see or read you can reward the user buy giving him more of the aforementioned geek gold.

I've already gotten a reply from the admins on BGG. The pics have been removed and actions are being taken.

I could care less about having a super account over there. I go there for research for the most part. The burn comes from him claiming my work as his own. The original pics had my watermark on them. It was cut out buy him before he posted as his own.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:24 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
When you upload an image to boardgamegeek.com it VERY CLEARLY asks you to check one of these two boxes before submitting an image:
  • I created this image myself.
    I didn't create this image, but have received permission from the rights holder to post it here.
That really leaves no room for grey area.
That's the way it looks to me. Btw, what can you do with Geekgold?
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:24 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehammer
However! Should this be moved to a different forum other than "HeroScape News"? Isn't this the, like, official news forum? Maybe General Discussion?
Probably belongs in Scapers Online.

-insert signature here-
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehammer
Probably belongs in Scapers Online.
Ya it does but I intentionally put it here. 99% of the folks hit the news forum, but I but far less read the Scapers Online one.

and in case anyone is still confused about the rules for uploading images on BGG see the following link

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/new/game/27976

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News