Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 17th, 2023, 11:07 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Matt, this is more or less what I and others suggested upthread for AOA. My fear is that if its coming out on the Hasbro sales site, it may have the same outrageous pricing! Which I'd rather they saved for a prepainted option.
Old June 17th, 2023, 11:49 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I imagine it'll be more expensive per piece if it's broken up *and* licensed by a third party.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 17th, 2023, 01:27 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hmmm. Since I have a stable Scape group here, perhaps we'll take a club approach and each buy different things.
Old June 17th, 2023, 02:07 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I feel that the "faction boxes" mentioning in the press release is a big hint for it being a release of the AoA figures.

If they were to start from scratch, I feel like they wouldn't go with the free different themed factions route instead of the hodge podge of anything and everything approach.

Upset City Baby.
Old June 17th, 2023, 02:45 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I imagine it'll be more expensive per piece if it's broken up *and* licensed by a third party.
Right the content does need to be split up into separate offerings but not so much that it's too inconvenient for Renegade and drives the price up. If they're putting this in stores then it would take up too much space to put 10 different large box items on shelves
Old June 18th, 2023, 12:07 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I feel like they could have two different master set offerings with the AoA figures split between them. One master set is like the Clockwork Combine vs. Nemesis War Brood and you get some terrain and the walls, the other is the Dryans vs. Eisenek and you get the jungle and even more terrain. then maybe you split the pirates between the two and you get a bunch of scenarios for each set (maybe extras for combining master sets?). Stretch goal figs would be cool to see in a master set but they could probably get more from selling them separately, same with the proposed kyries.
Old June 18th, 2023, 12:44 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
I know they said they "lost the molds" for the old Heroscape classic units, and I expect Hasbro still has molds for the DnD units...which likely is not included in the license, idk.

Anyway, I'm mentally prepared for no reprints unless it's using re-made molds/sculpts. Renegade could just go to the AllThingsHeroscape website and focus on the ones that sell for the highest cost.

Wizards of the Coast literally does this for their Modern Masters packs, reprinting valuable old cards and selling them in packs at a premium price – priced higher than a typical Standard pack.
Does anyone with experience with companies like Hasbro know more about what losing the molds probably means? Obviously they didn’t put a lot of effort into tracking them, but where do they typically get lost? Is it we never got them back from a factory, we scrapped them or they’re lost in a warehouse somewhere kind of thing?

Last edited by yamissflash; June 18th, 2023 at 01:07 AM.
Old June 18th, 2023, 02:05 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Does anyone with experience with companies like Hasbro know more about what losing the molds probably means? Obviously they didn’t put a lot of effort into tracking them, but where do they typically get lost? Is it we never got them back from a factory, we scrapped them or they’re lost in a warehouse somewhere kind of thing?
My guess is they likely melted them all down since they weren’t using those molds any longer.
Old June 18th, 2023, 07:46 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hmmm. Since I have a stable Scape group here, perhaps we'll take a club approach and each buy different things.
That's what my group always did back in the day. We'd coordinate to make sure we had set least two of each unique, 3+ of each common and as much terrain as we copulation afford.

It made for a heck of a collection! The only official figure we were missing was Woo, but we just repainted a monk and printed the card.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 18th, 2023, 09:58 PM

Marz has disabled reputation

I would love to see some Zulus, Aztecs, Conquistadors, Amazons, Atlanteans, and maybe some Demons. Maybe some John Carter of Mars type figures would be cool as well.

Marz

"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"
Old June 19th, 2023, 12:38 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Last year, someone said they had "found the molds" for reprinting terrain. I wonder if this includes "Fortress of the Archkyrie" pieces.

It's a great expansion in terms of concept and design, but the tight binding that happens many times, between wall section connections, and between the connections of battlements to wall-walk tiles, is quite aggravating.

I would be super-happy with an improved reprint of FotA at some point down the line. I doubt it would ever happen, but still...

Last edited by GaryLASQ; June 19th, 2023 at 01:30 AM.
Old June 19th, 2023, 01:38 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
I can definitely agree on the wish for an all-in-one rule book.
Same. How about a living rulebook that's just a PDF online that can be updated as all the different corner cases come up? I suppose that means we'll need a dedicated rules team to make decisions on stuff like that as well.
All the different corner cases? With hundreds of unique powers, do you have any idea how many that is? Take a look at the Checklist for an idea. The rulebook could certainly be more comprehensive, I definitely believe that, but unusual interactions are better left in a FAQ (even if that's part of the rulebook) as opposed to cluttering the main rules.
Oh of course, which is also why I said online PDF. My bad for using RB and FAQ interchangeably.
Yes, an online living FAQ would be great, especially as new units are released.

And yeah, the rulebook could really use a good rework.
Agreed. I've never felt comfortable with the compiled rules webpage on my site. I mainly did it for myself, for the convenience of it. It's the last thing I added to the site (other than a couple more of my battlefields). Would be nice if Renegade gave us something better, that was compiled like this (or something similar). If they did, I would remove this from my site and just link to their PDF(s).

Last edited by GaryLASQ; June 19th, 2023 at 10:52 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News