Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 29th, 2015, 12:07 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Looking to get AotP...are the Walmart Exclusives worth it?

Howdy all!
I've been away for awhile and was wondering if the exclusive Walmart Content it worth looking for?

Or is the base game enough?

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old December 29th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Looking to get AotP...are the Walmart Exclusives worth i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
Howdy all!
I've been away for awhile and was wondering if the exclusive Walmart Content it worth looking for?

Or is the base game enough?
The Walmart Exclusive doubles the amount of terrain you get, including the 7 hex. It's worth it just for that.
Old December 29th, 2015, 12:36 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

I bought a couple Walmart sets because the new planeswalkers don't have full armies. If you plan on getting expansions, you may need additional base set squads. Why not spend the extra $5 and get the terrain and holo cards. If you ever come to St. Louis, I know Brentwood Walmart has around 10 left now.
Old December 30th, 2015, 12:50 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

I'd say, that if you don't have the original, go for the Walmart. It gives more terrain, a new scenario, and foil cards. Also it's five bucks cheaper than the original $30 the starter costed(which is five more than it currently costs). So I'd say it's probably worth a shot
Old December 30th, 2015, 12:53 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
I bought a couple Walmart sets because the new planeswalkers don't have full armies. If you plan on getting expansions, you may need additional base set squads. Why not spend the extra $5 and get the terrain and holo cards. If you ever come to St. Louis, I know Brentwood Walmart has around 10 left now.
I got the expansion, and there is no need as long as two people aren't playing the same color, and even so, you can use the eldrazi then.
Lilliana can use three black squads, Ob Nixilis can use two because he costs more, or both can use eldrazi
Nissa can use all three squads, Jace can use his squads and heroes, and Kiora can mix or go with the eldrazi. Also Gideon is the same, except he can play an additional hero. This is all within the new 600 point limit in the expansion.
So I see no need to buy a second one
Old December 30th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Worth it, yes, if you don't already have Heroscape stuff.
If you have any HS master set, you can easily play the bonus scenario, as you have glyphs and hexes already.

So, yes, it IS a nice bonus, but there's no huge loss if you cannot find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old December 31st, 2015, 07:15 AM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart

Thanks for all the help guys. I managed to track down a couple with the bonus stuff at the Walmart in my hometown. I will say I am intrigued and looking forward to playing this.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion