Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:45 AM

ErnieFrance4 Woo who?
Talking Re: C3G Books of Index

I really just want to thank everyone who has worked on this. I have made about 35 of the characters and it has brought new life into the game for me. Just this week i have introduced it to a group and i think we have played over 10 times. My only complaint is aft getting them into it with the superheros they will not play the regular characters. Oh well at least i am scaping again. Thanks again for all the hard work and with the release of wave three I may be making another order from troll and toad. WotC don't realize all the money they are missing out on!!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:51 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Books of Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieFrance4 View Post
I really just want to thank everyone who has worked on this. I have made about 35 of the characters and it has brought new life into the game for me. Just this week i have introduced it to a group and i think we have played over 10 times. My only complaint is aft getting them into it with the superheros they will not play the regular characters. Oh well at least i am scaping again. Thanks again for all the hard work and with the release of wave three I may be making another order from troll and toad. WotC don't realize all the money they are missing out on!!
Too right you are! Thanks for sharing your love and enjoyment of the project. I hope you keep it up and don't be a stranger.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
WotC don't realize all the money they are missing out on!!
I doubt that. WotC would have to pay, literally, millions in licensing fees. I'm guessing that the Marvel set didn't sell well enough to offset those licensing fees, even if it were to do well by Heroscape standards. That's likely why they went with something they own the rights to, like D&D, so they don't have to pay licensing fees.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:43 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
WotC don't realize all the money they are missing out on!!
I doubt that. WotC would have to pay, literally, millions in licensing fees. I'm guessing that the Marvel set didn't sell well enough to offset those licensing fees, even if it were to do well by Heroscape standards. That's likely why they went with something they own the rights to, like D&D, so they don't have to pay licensing fees.
Likely yes, but I don't think that Hasbro (at the time) tried very hard to sell or promote Marvel Scape.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

True, but that could be due to financial reasons, too. Marketing is very expensive, and they may have only been able to afford a certain amount for it based on projected demand. The more they pay in licensing fees, the less money that have left to use for marketing and advertising.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, it's hard to get me to play with the regular characters these days too.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:47 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, it's hard to get me to play with the regular characters these days too.
No wonder...

Suprisingly enough as it seems, I rarely play Superheroscape. I should start playing it a bit more. Maybe it's because I don't have map instructions for anything that uses Marvel... Also, I do notice that occasionaly, my firends who won't play regular Heroscape will play a game of Superheroscape with me. I guess it strikes the interest of people who are less into board games/rpg games and stuff like that.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:56 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

SuperHeroscape can be played on any Heroscape map. You don't even need to include Marvel if you don't want to, and it certainly works on any map you can throw together yourself.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, since introducing SuperScape to my kids, I have had very few non-Super games. They love this stuff! (And I do, too, though I do, every so often, force them to pull out Krug and my old favorites now and again .)

And, like Bats says, any map is a good map. (And there are a ton of great maps in the first post of this thread, btw. Got Darkseid's arrival on the table right now and it is a solid map even without playing the scenario. Great stuff!)
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:59 PM

Darkseid's Arrival was, I believe, largely the brainchild of Cavalier (though other M3G and C3G members contributed with feedback and adjustments) and is an old favorite of mine as well!

Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Darkseid's Arrival was, I believe, largely the brainchild of Cavalier (though other M3G and C3G members contributed with feedback and adjustments) and is an old favorite of mine as well!
I thought the map was based on ET86's map. But as far as the scenario goes, that was my brain child (as with all of the scenarios except the one I am working on right now).

~ Griff, taking credit selfishly
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:33 PM

Pretty sure it was Cav's original design. But I could be wrong.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy