Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 20th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No, it doesn't say it does.
Old December 20th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
hmm. interesting. so some here feel that "figures you control" is the default if nothing is spelled out specifically about who's figures are affected/involved? i'm not so sure i buy into this...
Old December 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
THat's the big question. If it is the default, then why is it spelled out on certain cards. Why not just when it is a difference?

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old December 20th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by countblah
THat's the big question. If it is the default, then why is it spelled out on certain cards. Why not just when it is a difference?
probably because there isn't a solid grammar being used at Hasbro for writing them. that and maybe more than one person is writing them and each person uses his own style. just speculating (and trying to provoke someone with an insider track to reveal the process used at Hasbro )
Old December 20th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
hmm. interesting. so some here feel that "figures you control" is the default if nothing is spelled out specifically about who's figures are affected/involved? i'm not so sure i buy into this...
That makes the most logical sense to me.
Old December 20th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Spin Master

it makes sense to me too but it would be nice if some defaults for special powers on cards were addressed in the rulebook. that would make even more sense.

anyhow, the inconsistencies run rampant from card to card. i mean just look at the verbose writing on the Nakita Smoke Powder SP.

Smoke Powder 13: When any Nikita Agent you control, or any figure you control that is adjacent to any Nikita agent you control, is targeted for a normal attack from a non‑adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, all Nikita Agents you control and all figures you control that are adjacent to those agents, no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.

if they went to such great lengths on this card then why not all the others? hmm...?
Old December 20th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Site Admin

Some cards are older (DW9K); perhaps like you said more than one person types up the cards?

I honestly don't know.

I will play all the cards that don't specify as though they say "You control"
Old December 20th, 2006, 05:22 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I believe there was an official ruling on a very similar question about Parmenio and the Sacred Band.

I would imagine that same ruling will apply here....Blastatrons and DW9K only benefit your troops.
Old December 20th, 2006, 05:35 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I believe there was an official ruling on a very similar question about Parmenio and the Sacred Band.

I would imagine that same ruling will apply here....Blastatrons and DW9K only benefit your troops.
Yep. Here it is, from the official site:
Quote:
Can an opponent’s adjacent Sacred Band member be affected by Sacred Band Defy Death 15?
No, only Sacred Band members that you control can be affected by Parmenio’s Sacred Band Defy Death 15.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old December 20th, 2006, 05:54 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thanks...seems like a good precedent.
Old December 20th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Having gotten a bit familiar with the wording of the cards through the "lists" I've been doing...the only real trend I have noticed is that of chronology. The newer the card the more detailed the special abilities and attacks seem to become. I suspect that is in response to the kind of questions being raised here and forwarded to Hasbro. That's why there is so much verbage on the Nikita card, for instance.

I do happen to think (and play) that unless otherwise stated, "you control" is the default setting for statements about the interactions of figures.
Old December 20th, 2006, 06:19 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
So "any" doesn't many "any" for DW9... ugh, that's a gut shot. A bad day for team play. With the Parmenio ruling (and the Blasta ruling, which I thought only represented a wording snafu, not a freaking interpretive guide to cards), I suppose it is valid to infer that DW9's Range Enhancement only affects figs you control.

But (pleading) it's so harmless to let it affect friendlies. How does it make HS better to shut down this little item of tactical diversity in the team game? Parmenio's ability is likewise harmless when applied to friendlies. The Blastatrons', im not so sure - may be too powerful if friendlies are allowed.

The DW9 question I will send to Wizards.

Yall who go to Gencon just have to ask Craig about these rulings and let us know what he says. Interview him for the Codex or something. That would be some interesting conversation.

H

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's