Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Closed Thread

Old October 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
For those about to rock, WE SALUTE YOU!

Later on! I've had my fill of this place. I remember a time when this place was fun, and people helped each other understand the game. This is gone. This has become a sniping-site, where people pick away at each other slowly but surely until all the fun is sucked out of the room.

Enjoy.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: For those about to rock, WE SALUTE YOU!

?????

Really, I truly hope this is a joke, because otherwise, you will be truly missed.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Keep it real Superfly..catch ya on the flipside.
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:08 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, Superfly. So sad to see you go man. I hope you just blow off some steam and come back and enjoy the better parts of the site later on. You are one of the better ones. I still plan on coming to Kentucky to play you and the COWS, keep those weapons clean 'cause I'm bringing mine too.

Good luck and may you find gaming paradise!
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I noticed some sniping in the CoN section, but not much elsewhere. Hope to see you logged on later, I enjoyed reading your posts in the debates and such.
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:28 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Im not sure what sniping youre talking about. Yeah theres always the occasional "Pleas use the search" type responses but I still see lots of good discussion going on here. Also, not trying to be rude, but if you dislike the place so much why do you need to bother making an announcement that youre leaving. To me that just screams "GIVE ME ATTENTION". I really dont like seeing scapers leave but these types of threads give zero benefit to the site! Maybe this is the type of sniping youre talking about but this thread just rubs me the wrong way.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Vanilla_Thunder has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Im not sure what sniping youre talking about. Yeah theres always the occasional "Pleas use the search" type responses but I still see lots of good discussion going on here. Also, not trying to be rude, but if you dislike the place so much why do you need to bother making an announcement that youre leaving. To me that just screams "GIVE ME ATTENTION". I really dont like seeing scapers leave but these types of threads give zero benefit to the site! Maybe this is the type of sniping youre talking about but this thread just rubs me the wrong way.

As a relatively newer user of this site, it is far from occasional. Some folks seem to go out of their way to make folks feel uncomfortable and unwelcome by picking apart spelling, grammar, punctuation, and make every effort to belittle them if they happen to start a thread that may or may not have a previous topic. It's a very elitist-like attitude.

I've never had it happen to me, but I can see how new users would have difficulty feeling like they belong and how that type of behavior might drive off older users. I've seen numerous threads where the same user or users feel the need to chime in with their smooth-as-sandpaper approach and turn an entire thread into a hostile attack.

But, hey if pointing out carp like that makes you feel better about yourself... go nuts. Just don't expect people to respect you for acting like a self-important d-bag. It may incite a reaction on the under 18 crowd, but when you are in your 40's and do that on a daily basis just to increase your post count on a game site that has a markedly younger target audience than your current age, I just feel sorry for you.

Sorry to see you go, but I can understand. On the flip-side, most of the users on this site are super nice, very approachable, and will generally help out new users... assuming the grammar trolls don't get to them first which, unfortunately, they usually do.

Did you know Samuel L. Jackson was in Jaws? VVVVVV
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Good luck with whatever you do SFTNT, sorry to see you get down on this place.

I've been here for going on 3 1/2 years and there have been ups and downs as far as helpfulness or rudeness towards others. I can't recall the last time someone was rude to me, but I've been hanging in some cool threads where the members there are cool and helpful. I guess it depends on where people hang out and the others that hang out there as well.

There times way back when where it could get pretty rough, but the moderators were on top of it for the most part. Some of the sharper tongues haven't even been around for awile, unless there are some new kids on the block that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting.

Anyway, like my drill instructors told us in bootcamp, there are always going to be the ten percentors in your platoon and life in general. Those are the 10% of people that are F'ups. They are everywhere, every race, religion, nationality, job or whatever. So I've taken those words and over the past 24 years since bootcamp, I've applied them and it helps to believe the best in most people yet understand in any given circumstance, there's going to be 10% that are just bad apples. This helps to keep me from generalizing people when I have some bad experiences.

Again, good luck SFTNT

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:49 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Thunder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post

As a relatively newer user of this site, it is far from occasional. Some folks seem to go out of their way to make folks feel uncomfortable and unwelcome by picking apart spelling, grammar, punctuation, and make every effort to belittle them if they happen to start a thread that may or may not have a previous topic. It's a very elitist-like attitude.

I've never had it happen to me, but I can see how new users would have difficulty feeling like they belong and how that type of behavior might drive off older users. I've seen numerous threads where the same user or users feel the need to chime in with their smooth-as-sandpaper approach and turn an entire thread into a hostile attack.

But, hey if pointing out carp like that makes you feel better about yourself... go nuts. Just don't expect people to respect you for acting like a self-important d-bag. It may incite a reaction on the under 18 crowd, but when you are in your 40's and do that on a daily basis just to increase your post count on a game site that has a markedly younger target audience than your current age, I just feel sorry for you.

Sorry to see you go, but I can understand. On the flip-side, most of the users on this site are super nice, very approachable, and will generally help out new users... assuming the grammar trolls don't get to them first which, unfortunately, they usually do.
Is standing on a pedestal judging people whose actions you dont agree with and referring to then as "d-bags" any different? Just wondering.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Thunder View Post

I don't spell perfect or use perfect grammar, so I certainly wouldn't pick on others for that. The one thing that I don't have a problem with people getting ripped on for is when they post obnoxiously in the first place by either using all Caps or goofy colors for their entire post or posting in chat speak or just being jerks in the first place. In other message boards or mediums, those things might be fine, but the members of this site want to make it as nice as possible and ledgible (sp?) as possible for the majority of members. Some people do come off too strong with their criticism, but that's life sometimes. I don't personally feel the need to be rude to feel manly, but that's me.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:29 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm leaving threads, whether they are a joke or serious, are generally discouraged on this site. SuperflyTNT, I do hope you are joking, but your account will always be here for you if you want it.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General