Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 18th, 2007, 04:14 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainMan
The second part of the question answers the first which means you can't, as everyone has said repeatedly.
I agree.

But you never posted the "second update" - cough it up!
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
That is both the second and third response.
The third response starte with "Hey there Main"
and then he has the second response added again after that and it starts "First, Brunak"

Hope that makes sense.

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM

oni is surprisingly tart
Thanks for posting, I like reading the WotC responses.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMainMan
I just got an update from my update from WOTC.

Quote:
Hey there Main! It looks like you got a couple different answers to this question and I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion. The answer I gave you came from a discussion with Craig and it is the correct one, though it looks like you 've been talking to Craig too so you probably know that already. Here;s that answer again just in case:

First, Brunak can definetly move through an allies hex, and then carry him one hex away. Now, the Brunak dying while moving is a little bit trickier. The wording on the card states "After you move Brunak, place the chosen figure adjacent to Brunak." The chosen figure (chosen before Brunak moves) is only placed once Brunak is done moving. If Brunak dies mid-move, the figure is never placed.

Sorry again for the confusion. Good Gaming!
So this is the third update, and it still looks like they do not understand the question of moving onto an allies hex that is occupied and then moving him over with the "carry" ability. No matter. The second part of the question answers the first which means you can't, as everyone has said repeatedly. Sorry again. I wasn't even going to post on this subject anymore out of embarassment, but since they emailed me a third time, I thought I should put up the WOTC response.

-TMM
Wait, doesn't that sound like they do understand the question and they're saying you CAN move onto the occupied hex? Maybe not, but it's still ambiguous at best... or am I missing something. I think the original question still isn't answered.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:46 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperactiveSloth
Quote:

Quote:
Hey there Main! It looks like you got a couple different answers to this question and I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion. The answer I gave you came from a discussion with Craig and it is the correct one, though it looks like you 've been talking to Craig too so you probably know that already. Here;s that answer again just in case:

First, Brunak can definetly move through an allies hex, and then carry him one hex away. Now, the Brunak dying while moving is a little bit trickier. The wording on the card states "After you move Brunak, place the chosen figure adjacent to Brunak." The chosen figure (chosen before Brunak moves) is only placed once Brunak is done moving. If Brunak dies mid-move, the figure is never placed.

So this is the third update, and it still looks like they do not understand the question of moving onto an allies hex that is occupied and then moving him over with the "carry" ability. No matter. The second part of the question answers the first which means you can't, as everyone has said repeatedly. Sorry again. I wasn't even going to post on this subject anymore out of embarassment, but since they emailed me a third time, I thought I should put up the WOTC response.

-TMM
Wait, doesn't that sound like they do understand the question and they're saying you CAN move onto the occupied hex? Maybe not, but it's still ambiguous at best... or am I missing something. I think the original question still isn't answered.
No, they most certainly do not understand the question. They say that Brunak can move through an allied figure and carry them. The question is whether or not they can move onto the space an allied figure occupies and then move them over. I believe, even if they do not understand the question, they have clearly answered it. The second part of the response clearly explains that Carry has no concept of "in transit" and the "Carried" figure is moved after completing Burnak's move. This means that Brunak's move can not legally end on a space occupied by a friendly figure and you cannot Carry the figure onto another space prior to the move to complete it. I think the matter is pretty clear, even if they don't really understand what is being asked.

Diagrams people, we need to send them diagrams!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperactiveSloth
Quote:

Quote:

-TMM
No, they most certainly do not understand the question. They say that Brunak can move through an allied figure and carry them. The question is whether or not they can move onto the space an allied figure occupies and then move them over. I believe, even if they do not understand the question, they have clearly answered it. The second part of the response clearly explains that Carry has no concept of "in transit" and the "Carried" figure is moved after completing Burnak's move. This means that Brunak's move can not legally end on a space occupied by a friendly figure and you cannot Carry the figure onto another space prior to the move to complete it. I think the matter is pretty clear, even if they don't really understand what is being asked.

Diagrams people, we need to send them diagrams!
EXACTLY!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
The chosen figure (chosen before Brunak moves) is only placed once Brunak is done moving.
This part of the response pretty much says it all.

It is basically a move followed by a summon and not a "carry". Since two figures can't occupy the same space and the "carried" figure isn't summonned until after Burnak is done moving, then Brunak can't move into space occupied by a figure he is going to carry.

Can I have a little A-1 to go on my crow -- yum tasty (not!)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's