Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 28th, 2010, 11:49 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Torin

The one unit that came to mind when Torin was first revealed was the littlest Deathwalker. 7000 is medium, so he can be protected by Torin. My strategy was to use Torin as a 'pit stop' for 7K as he made a beeline for a strong enemy hero. Plus, you could have Torin protected by Minions and the Zettians on all points except for the one 7K will use to get adjacent to Torin.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I find myself wondering how Torin works with this base:

Torin 120
Ornak 100
2xHeavy Grut 140
360/11

Ornak means he can keep up without spending OMs and Torin means Ornak is a lot less vulnerable to ranged fire. Depending on point totals and general deviousness you can include other medium Utgar figures or big, bad Gruts to round out the army.

~Aldin, flaggingly
I was thinking something like this with Nerak. Then add another squad of heavys with Marcu for 500, Grimnak and Marcu for 550, or heavys and Grimnak for 600
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
The one unit that came to mind when Torin was first revealed was the littlest Deathwalker. 7000 is medium, so he can be protected by Torin. My strategy was to use Torin as a 'pit stop' for 7K as he made a beeline for a strong enemy hero. Plus, you could have Torin protected by Minions and the Zettians on all points except for the one 7K will use to get adjacent to Torin.
While DW7K is mathematically the best target of Torin's aura (since every skull after the first one results in an Evil Eye wound, thanks to Stealth Dodge) it's a terrible real-world use of Torin, since nobody would target DW7K from range anyways, thanks to Stealth Dodge, and a general perception of his uselessness.

This is probably more appropriate for DW7K's book, but since I'm here: the best way to neutralize him is to just engage him with a low value squad member. One Life means that he can't risk taking a Leaving Engagement attack, and then if he decides to pop off the best he can hope for is a 10-20 point return on his 100 point investment. Now if he had been given Disengage...

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Just had an idea. Ne-Gok-Sa would benefit from Torin's Evil Eye Defense, and with a defense of 6 is a good unit to protect.
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Just had an idea. Ne-Gok-Sa would benefit from Torin's Evil Eye Defense, and with a defense of 6 is a good unit to protect.
That's a great idea! Youcould use that as a sheild to protect from range fire then swoop in and mindshackle (if you're feeling lucky).

Edit:, Thats why DW7000 works well with rats, who protect him from those little squadies.
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Tul-Bak-Ra and Cyprien could use Torin as an island launch point for attacks. Both are able to cover long distances, and if they could land by Torin for a turn, it might keep them alive and healthy enough to launch them behind enemy lines to take out any support units.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Tul-Bak-Ra and Cyprien could use Torin as an island launch point for attacks. Both are able to cover long distances, and if they could land by Torin for a turn, it might keep them alive and healthy enough to launch them behind enemy lines to take out any support units.

Maybe even use Iskra/Retchets as well?

MegaSilver
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
If Cyprien had some low cost squad members to regain life near Torin, this could work really well. Venoc vipers or nagrubs would work well for this - vipers for their low defense and nagrubs since they would be protected by Torin.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 12:44 PM

YoYoCheese is surprisingly tart

Going back to the idea of pairing Torin with Zettians. I just hastilly made this off of the top of my head.

Torin - 120
Zettian Guards - 190
Deathreavers x4 - 350
Deathwalker 9000 - 490
Isamu\Otonashi - 500
22 Spaces - 500 Points

Deploy rat screen. Set up Zettians, DW9K, and Torin on height. Drop bombs into any clusters of enemies your opponent foolishly left out. Shoot things with Zettians, they should outrange most things. This army probably gets destoyed by... a lot of things now that I think about it.

-It dies to anything with Unengagement\Stealth Flying (especially Cyprien, Torin's not beating him 1-on-1.)
-Eltahale

DW9K (and Isamu\Otonashi) could be replaced with many things, I just put him in the above army because of the range enhancement he gives to the Zettians.

-If you're playing with more than 500 points, Siege + Theracus could work. We don't really know how good he is yet.
-Frost Giant of Morh (just as an experiment)
-Eltahale
-Death Knights + Dumutef Guard(s) If you're playing with more than 500 points you could add an extra squad of DKs or two.
-The list goes on...

My main concern is that getting height at the beginning will be extremely slow, even if you run Otonashi out and grab the move glyph assuming it's present.

This army is by no means tournament worthy, but I would give it a spin in a casual game just for fun.

Last edited by YoYoCheese; October 3rd, 2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Forgot something. :P
Old October 8th, 2010, 10:19 PM

"S" scape claws is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

this guy is great

when a cleaver just wont do
Old November 1st, 2010, 08:36 PM

I LIKE PI! Woo who?

You could move NGS up to Torin and mind shackle Torin to get 5 life, 6 defense, and ranged counterstrike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
If Cyprien had some low cost squad members to regain life near Torin, this could work really well. Venoc vipers or nagrubs would work well for this - vipers for their low defense and nagrubs since they would be protected by Torin.
Use nagrubs-Torin gives them counterstrike too (love that emoticon!)

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307.. .
Advocating for TSA as KC did for Runa.

Last edited by I LIKE PI!; November 2nd, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoCheese View Post
Going back to the idea of pairing Torin with Zettians. I just hastilly made this off of the top of my head.

Torin - 120
Zettian Guards - 190
Deathreavers x4 - 350
Deathwalker 9000 - 490
Isamu\Otonashi - 500
22 Spaces - 500 Points

-It dies to anything with Unengagement\Stealth Flying (especially Cyprien, Torin's not beating him 1-on-1.)
Actually, the HS Matchup Calculator favors Torin in this battle (59% for Torin; 40% for Cyprien); remember: Torin's Battle Axe adds an additional 2 attack die against the bloodthirsty fiend.

You mention Eltahale as a worthy adversary to your build; she actually seems like a worthy addition to the Torin-backed pod, as she can deal with special attackers and any key threats to your pod (the Q brothers come to mind). Send her out first, then set up your Torin-backed range pod (either with Zets/DW9K/Rats, or Stingers; actually, the Stinger solution seems easiest to manage). Of course, Raelin would be nice, but she is tough to fit in the point scheme.

Eltahale 140
Torin 120
Stingers x4 240

500 points, 15 spaces

~With this build, you don't have to worry about DW rolls, or the low offensive output of the Zettians. You will lose stingers, but between their offensive output, and the Warden, you should recoup your point losses. If Torin survives to the bitter end, he can lob off heads in clean-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoCheese View Post
My main concern is that getting height at the beginning will be extremely slow, even if you run Otonashi out and grab the move glyph assuming it's present.
That is why I like the though of sending out a strong, hard-hitting unit like Eltahale first (top-shelf), or rats (bargain bin): you can get a little space to grab some height.

A wee bit of TheoryScape, but another hero that Torin can help out is Kurrok. I know, I know: between the 120 point soak (that could be spent on elementals) and OM mgmt, it can be a burden. But, the elementalist fears ranged common squads more than anything (well, besides DED), and Torin gives Kurrok a little extra help in this area. In a larger points game, Torin could be 120 points well spent. Something like:

Kurrok 120
Torin 120
FE x 10 350
Isamu 10
600 points, 14 spaces
~Since you won't be moving Kurrok much (ideally), 1, maybe 2 OMs on Torin can last you several rounds.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units