Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 5th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
50% OFF Board Game Sale at Barnes and Noble

I just got back from my B&N and they have a board game sale right now. It acutally started yesterday.

They had

Rheinlander
Carcassonne
Puerto Rico
ROBORALLY
Tsuro
Knights of Charlemagne
Niagra
Axis and Allies
Age of Mythology

Those are just the ones I can remember.

I snagged Robo Rally, Knights of Charlemange, and Tsuro for $45. I might go back and get Rheinlander (after I read some more about it on BGG to see if it works well with 2) and Age of Mythology, assuming of course they are both there. I really want Niagra too, but I might have to pass on it....

Its supposed to be a chain wide sale, so go there and check it out.
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:53 PM

TweetyBird has disabled reputation
That's great to know. Thanks for the tip, Nether.
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:57 PM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
Yep, it's true. Yesterday I picked up Rheinlander, Tsuro, Knights of Charlemagne and Dead Man's Treasure. Was really hoping they'd have some copies of Puero Rico but no such luck. Did see a couple copies of Robo Rally and a copy of Niagra there but passed on them.

Note that the actual selection varies from store to store. One B&N here in town had a pretty good selection, the other had next-to-nothing.
Old February 5th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Whoah. Definitely need to swing by my local B&N for a such a sale selection as that! Thanks Nether.
Old February 5th, 2007, 04:31 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
hey do they have the risk 2210(i thnk thats the name) and the other risk with zeus and stuff ?

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old February 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
hey do they have the risk 2210(i thnk thats the name) and the other risk with zeus and stuff ?
They didn't have Risk Godstorm at mine and I don't remember seing Risk 2210.

TRU has Risk Godstorm (the one with Zues and stuff). I think its 19.99 like the other Avalon Hill games, but it might still be at the $40 price. I haven't been to TRU in awhile.
Old February 5th, 2007, 04:38 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
thanks im going to call them.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old February 6th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Django - nice call, Risk 2210 is one of my favorite games, hands-down.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old February 6th, 2007, 01:47 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Finally got Puerto Rico tonight at my local B&N. $20.
Old February 6th, 2007, 02:40 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I bought Puerto Rico, Robo Rally, Niagara, Knights of Charlemagne, and Dead Man's treasure. I was hoping for Carcassonne but unfortunately had none. I passed on Rhinelander and Axis and Allies.
Old February 6th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Site Admin

I went back last night and Puerto Rico and Rheinlander were gone. Doh! I should have just got Puerto Rico the first time I was there...oh well. Puerto Rico is about $26 online anyways. At least I got Robo Rally for $22!
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'll have to check this out as well. Thanks for the heads-up.

By the way, any advice on what games they have that would be good and typically enjoyed by the wives? I introduced my wife to Carcassonne a few months ago, and she LOVES it, but is generally VERY picky about what games she will or won't play. (unfortunately, heroScape is one she refuses to try... )

What games have a similar feel in terms of balance, strategy/luck, and quick to set-up/play as Carcassonne does? For those with game-picky wives/GF's, any suggestions to look at?

Also, does the Inns and Merchants, or Dragon expansion for Carcassonne add much to the game in terms of enjoyment?

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games