Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 30th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

No Event Hero please. I want him to be able to use those E-glyphs.
Old December 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think if we're designing half a dozen glyphs to go along with him, he HAS to be an Event Hero. I mean, plain ol' Joe Schmoe units don't get entire sets of Glyphs to go with them.

I'm not too familiar with Apocalypse myself, but from a purely mechanical standpoint? A guy who can take turns with multiple 300+ point units and has his own arsenal of Glyph just feels like an Event Hero to me.
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Are Event Heroes not able to use glyphs? I didn't see anything about that here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&postcount=216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:10 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Only Unique Heroes can equip glyphs though. Event Heroes cannot.
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Are Event Heroes not able to use glyphs? I didn't see anything about that here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&postcount=216
It is in the Equipment Glyph rules that only Unique Heroes can equip them.
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Could a power be made to make an exception to that or would that be too messy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Maybe something to update in the Fan 4 rules? Feels like a theme break for me if an Event Hero Superman cannot equip a glyph.
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Maybe something to update in the Fan 4 rules? Feels like a theme break for me if an Event Hero Superman cannot equip a glyph.
An Event Hero Superman will never exist though. I once thought as you and Obi Wan do.... I mean I used to want a Superman Event Hero until I realized that he doesn't qualify because he is susceptible to Mind Control. Event Heroes not getting E-glyphs is a great touch to keep them from getting to powerful, and I don't want to rewrite that just so Apoc (who doesn't have to be an Event Hero) can equip a glyph.
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Could a power be made to make an exception to that or would that be too messy?
Probably could be done, and I think that it is best done on Apoc's card, so that the Glyphs remain streamlined for simplicity's sake and also so that they can be cycled into glyph pools for normal games without Apoc or any other Event Hero needed for them to be used.

Still, I think the easiest and most attractive thing to do here is just make Apoc a powerful Unique Hero. Then there is no need to try and "fix" the whole E-glyph issue, and the room on Apoc's card can be used for fun powers instead of "fix it" powers.
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Grenade Bandoleer Equipment Glyph
Potential Glyph Images:
Spoiler Alert!

Frag Grenade Special Attack
Range 5 + Special. Lob 15. Attack 3.
Start the game with 3 Black Grenade Markers on this card. Instead of attacking normally, the figure equipped with this Glyph may remove a Grenade Marker to throw a grenade. Choose a figure to attack, you may add 3 to the range of this attack if the equipped figure the Superstrength power. No clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Frag Grenade Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Started with the Airborne Elite's Special Attack and made these changes:
1) Changed the name since it's technically not the same as the AE's Special Attack.
2) I made it a black marker, but I could be easily persuaded to change that back to white. I think everyone has a few extra black round markers laying around though.
3) Also I bumped the attack from the AE from 2 up to 3. 2 attack is almost useless in SuperScape and I figured 3 is good for a well aimed grenade.
4) Added "+ Special" to the range to add 3 to the range if the figure has Superstrength. Seems much more thematic in SuperScape for someone with Superstrength to be able to throw a grenade farther than someone without it.

Last edited by tcglkn; January 3rd, 2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
and the room on Apoc's card can be used for fun powers instead of "fix it" powers.
It's either "fix it" powers or Mental Shield here.
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:44 PM

He doesn't have to have a Mental Shield power though, I would love to have that as one of his Glyphs.

The thing with Apoc is that his powers and power level is almost never the same with each appearance. He can be so many different things.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy