Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 30th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
I know! I had a guy come by and start trying to Obamatize me. I asked him if he liked Obama more because he wants to stay and finish the war or if it's because he is so strongly against gay marriage and abortion....the 'campaign worker' said, "I like Obama for all of those reasons, so can I count on your vote for Obama?" to which I told him that I was closing the door and that I expected him off my porch in the next 30 seconds.
Haha! Awesome!

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:33 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
Quote:
I know! I had a guy come by and start trying to Obamatize me. I asked him if he liked Obama more because he wants to stay and finish the war or if it's because he is so strongly against gay marriage and abortion....the 'campaign worker' said, "I like Obama for all of those reasons, so can I count on your vote for Obama?" to which I told him that I was closing the door and that I expected him off my porch in the next 30 seconds.
Haha! Awesome!
Want another good laugh? Ask a McCain campaign worker to explain his health care plan!

Hollywood writers can't make things up that funny!

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

FYI - I was NOT involved in hanging the Barack Obama effigy on the campus of UK this morning. I live an hour north.

I have to say that it is ironic that he was a part of ACORN and ended up in a tree...

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:26 AM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
FYI - I was NOT involved in hanging the Barack Obama effigy on the campus of UK this morning. I live an hour north.

I have to say that it is ironic that he was a part of ACORN and ended up in a tree...
Not funny in the least...

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old October 30th, 2008, 10:52 AM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I didn't think that it was funny that Palin had an effigy out front of a guy's house, and I don't think that it's funny that there's an Obama effigy either. That's the crap that the Arabs do, and I don't abide it. The part that I thought was funny is not the hanging aspect, but the fact that they put it in an Oak tree, the kind of tree that produces Acorns.

That was the funny part.

You just have to live here in the sticks in KY to see some of this kind of stupidity....some of these people are just completely ass-backward about everything, and of the things they're backward about race is on the top of the list.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Do any of you people work? Or sleep? How the heck am I suppose to keep up with this thread if you keep posting this much???

You are all being very inconsiderate of my feelings.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker

It isn't the first time such a thing was done. Granted. A nice bit of bait and switch, that, but--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
But it's not the first time such a thing was done [...] Oh but wait, that was a time of war....
The problems with that line of reasoning are at least threefold: we don't have a declared war via congress, as Constitutionally mandated; this "war" against an abstract idea, in this case terrorism, has no clear ending point--not unlike the War on Drugs--and can therefore be used to justify darn near anything; and as you admit, Lincoln superceeded his Constitutional mandate and while the outcome was certainly in his favor if you simply use the justification of the ends justify the means...

...well, you get donations comming in from all over and who cares if some of them are illegal.

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:34 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzikthedoor View Post

The problems with that line of reasoning are at least threefold: we don't have a declared war via congress, as Constitutionally mandated; this "war" against an abstract idea, in this case terrorism, has no clear ending point--not unlike the War on Drugs--and can therefore be used to justify darn near anything; and as you admit, Lincoln superceeded his Constitutional mandate and while the outcome was certainly in his favor if you simply use the justification of the ends justify the means...

...well, you get donations comming in from all over and who cares if some of them are illegal.

You make it sound as if Lincoln has a declaration of war to stand on. He didn't. The US has "declared war" only 5 times in it's history:

War of 1812
Mexican-American War (1846)
Spanish-American War (189
WWI (1917)
WWII (1941)

And by the way, we are not a "the ends justify the means" country. We're a country of laws and these laws have to be followed. Note that the current administration disagrees with the ruling, but is following it.

Old October 30th, 2008, 11:44 AM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

You just have to live here in the sticks in KY to see some of this kind of stupidity....some of these people are just completely ass-backward about everything, and of the things they're backward about race is on the top of the list.
You forget where I'm from kind-sir

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old October 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur1976 View Post
Quote:

hahahaha....

Along the same lines, I was driving through Birmingham, Alabama some 15 years ago and as I crossed over the hills just north of town and saw the city skyline, I had this uneasy feeling that my brain was being sucked out of my head...

I'll leave it to the board to discuss whether I got it back or not...

Old October 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur1976 View Post
Quote:

Ah yes, is it Mississippi, the state that spelled it's name for a twofold reason: The longer the name, the more respected AND that the people of Mississipi only know 4 letters: M, I, S, P?

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old October 30th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

This thread is getting a little intense, we need to lighten it up a little. Here is a story that I will post in the fanfiction section, but it seemed appropriate here as well

Quote:
The candidates are president of Valhalla are Utgar, Jandar, Vydar, Ullar, and Einar

Moderator: We have all agreed to be civil during these debates, no name calling, no spellcasting, and no summoning of dragons, I’m talking to you Einar.

Let us begin with a question directed at Jandar of the Viking party, How are you going to address the issue of energy dependence when you are sitting on a reserve of oil right in the Thaelenk Tundra.

Jandar: I have repeatedly stated that I will not drill in the Tundra, I do not think we should disrupt the natural inhabitants.

Utgar: You are just saying that because you have made a backroom deal with the Dzu-Teh to fight me, we all know why they are loyal to you.

Moderator: Utgar, I will only warn you twice more for uncalled for outbursts. The next question is directed at Vydar, how do you address the issue of military experience when you are the youngest general?

Vydar: I will admit that I do not have any military experience, but I have summoned warriors from an era that is wrought with combat, so they know what they are doing. On a side note, they are mostly mercenaries, so they can balance the budget.

Utgar: How can you bring their experience up, they are from a future that may not even happen, I think it is RISKy to put all of our security in that.

Moderator: Utgar, that is two, please refrain from attacks. The next question is directed at Ullar, You are known for your environmental platform, how are you going to handle the massive numbers of venocs displaced by the expanding swamp?

Ullar: I have a cabinet of nine elves, who work very well together, and they have assured me that that issue will be addressed. They also point out that the swamp is increasing because my esteemed colleague, Utgar, has been funding hive expansions. He has given loans to Marro who can not afford to pay, so they are all moving to the swamp.

Utgar: You can not do attacks on me!!! Moderator!!!

Moderator: You are right Utgar, the next question is directed at Einar. Some have accused you of handling the economy in a very traditional conservative way. Do you think that the economies of ancient Japan and Rome are not the best model?

Einar: The Roman and Japanese economies have existed for far longer than any other economy. There have been no reported recessions in the history of Japan…

Jandar: That is because the warlord of Japan killed peasants when the food supply was too low…

Moderator: Jandar, that is one. The final question is directed at Utgar. Please address the scandal involving Social programs for Marro, it has been wrought with corruption since you have no way of knowing how many there are.

Utgar: It is not my fault that Marro breed like crazy, it is still necessary for each of them to have affordable homes. The situation has been catastrophic since it has lead to a collapse of my region’s economy, but through a program of relocation, we are mitigating that.

Aquilla: That is the problem! You are relocating them into MY swamp and my constituent are not pleased at all.

Ullar: You only have three Electoral College votes, and one of them should be mine, we don’t care bout your constituents

Moderator: Who let her in here, we have a rule about only male debaters

Aquilla: Bring up the good old boy’s club again, so typical. I will not be ignored!! And I will not let the end of the Universe come with me only having three votes.

Einar: This is going nowhere, I summon Zelrig!!!

Moderator: Look Einar has summoned a dragon, I guess these debates are over…Run for your lives!!!

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Last edited by Ryougabot; October 30th, 2008 at 01:18 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General