Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:02 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker
What is the size of a large star wars miniatures base?

Does anyone know the size of the base of large miniatures in star wars miniatures, such as the Houjix? im tempted to get some for heroscape.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: What is the size of a large star wars miniatures base?

I just measured Houjix's base. It's 48mm or 1 7/8". It's too big for Scape without modification. Because of the configuration, Houjix would need a peanut base.

Like the DnD minis, there are several different size large bases for Star Wars minis. It all depends on the position of the figure and its legs.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:09 AM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Ok thank you
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:25 AM

what about a vornskr from star wars miniature, does anyone know the size of its base?
Old October 24th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardevoir View Post
what about a vornskr from star wars miniature, does anyone know the size of its base?

I believe the WOTC Star Wars minis used the same scale and measurement as the old D&Dminis Skirmish, which was one square being 1inch.

So as a rule of thumb, if the figure you're looking at is bigger than a small/medium sized figure, it is at *least* on a 1 and 7/8" base, because they are designed to occupy four squares (ie, 2 inch diameter). Huge bases were, IIRC, 3 x 3 squares, so around a 3 inch diameter circle for those.
Old October 24th, 2011, 03:52 PM

oh ok, thank you . i know i keep asking but what about a dark trooper phase 3? i have a phase 1 and i know that it fits on heroscape tiles because i use it for heroscape, is it the same size base as phase 1 (old large D&D base) or is it 3x3 squares?
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardevoir View Post
oh ok, thank you . i know i keep asking but what about a dark trooper phase 3? i have a phase 1 and i know that it fits on heroscape tiles because i use it for heroscape, is it the same size base as phase 1 (old large D&D base) or is it 3x3 squares?
I'm pretty sure that all 3 phases of the Dark Troopers are on the ~40mm base.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:39 PM

thank you . i will be getting them for heroscape then.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games