Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 18th, 2023, 05:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

On Thursday, we did a 2 Player of Last Light, which a pal recently received from Kickstarter. This design was the talk of the last convention season, because its a 4X that plays in only 1-2 hours with 2-8 players! The game's owner had played a 4 Player, but this was his first time with only two, which version uses a neutral faction for the gamer behind in VPs to command.

The game moves very fast, since most player actions are simultaneous, and we actually slowed down the action a bit for my first try! I pulled ahead, then my opponent did. Finally I scored a huge coup just at the end and won the game! I highly recommend this new design, which actually does include all four Xs in its short play time--Explore, Expand, Exploit, and Exterminate. The game took 2 1/2 hours for our first try; later plays would probably take less time!

Today will be my seventh game of The Last Kingdom, with at least two opponents. Almost everyone who plays this design loves it, and after nine solitaires as well, we've tried it using live players for all possible counts from 2 to 5 people. This year I've read the entire 13 book series by Bernard Cornwell and watched all 5 seasons of the TV series too!

We've just had a two fine games of Heroscape here with The New York City Gang of Four. Sherman Davies offerned an innovative custom scenario and map, which we enjoyed using six and then five different armies with five and then four players in two team games. Next month with one of us on vacation and another busy with academic achievement, I'll be stepping up myself with a different version of this scenario, which also uses a mix of different army themes players choose and build. For details on these and all our other monthly games over the last 16 years, see our thread via my signature line below.

My own best NYCG4 scenarios over the years are now collected together and available for the first time in Maps and Scenarios for your gaming pleasure here:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=62932

If you try any of ours out, let us know how they went on our thread!
Old November 19th, 2023, 10:22 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Today: Carcassone Hunters and Gatherers, Potion Explosion, Bravo!, Dungeon of Fortune, Dungeon Scroll and Tiny Epic Crime

Old November 20th, 2023, 10:09 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Escape: Curse of the Temple, the Night Cage, 7 Wonders duel, and Betrayal at House on the Hill.

So far BHH has been very underwhelming for me. I didn’t really enjoy either of the games we played.

Escape has been a ton of fun, I’ve never played a real time game like it before. Fast and frantic!

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old November 20th, 2023, 05:49 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

BHH is very hit or miss. Lots of the Haunts are weirdly balanced. I had one game once where by random chance the heroes' goal spawned right next to me, so on turn 1 of the haunt they just grabbed me and threw me in the room which ended the game. Other times its a long epic struggle. And that's not even mentioned the confusing rules and one person getting stuck with reading a rulebook by themselves, hopefully someone who can understand it well. That's rough also.

Its a fun game, but you can't take it seriously at all.

Played Night Cage last month completely by candlelight, and that was a really cool experience.
Old November 26th, 2023, 11:20 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Today: Machi Koru, Splendor and Dice Throne.

Old November 26th, 2023, 11:51 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Three Kingdoms Redux, perhaps the best 3 Player game ever designed. Its a worker placement Euro made in Singapore. First play in years with Taeblewalker and another pal.
Old November 27th, 2023, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Three Kingdoms Redux, perhaps the best 3 Player game ever designed. Its a worker placement Euro made in Singapore. First play in years with Taeblewalker and another pal.
I forgot to mention that in my previous post. Seven hours of fun!

Old November 30th, 2023, 11:01 PM

On Tuesday I played Three Sisters and Bravo!

Old December 1st, 2023, 01:59 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

November gaming

Heroscape x 12
Welcome to the Dungeon x 8
Maximum Apocalypse x 7
20 Strong x 6
Terminator Dark Fate: The Card Game x 6
Magic the Gathering x5
Warfighter Fantasy x 4
Dragon Dice x3
King’s Armory x3
Apocrypha the adventure card game x2
Dice Throne x4
TMNT Shadows of the Past x2
Tiny Epic Tactics x2
Arcadia Quest
Ashes
Chronicles of Avel
Down in Flames
Dungeon Mayhem
Fairy Tale
Folklore
Godtear
Hoplomachus Victorum
Batman Love Letter
Nuns on the Run
Time of Legends: Joan of Arc
Tiny Epic Dungeons
Tiny Epic Galaxies
Undaunted

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 1st, 2023, 09:42 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Got in a 2-player (solo) 'learn to play' of Hamlet: The Village Building Game

-insert signature here-
Old December 2nd, 2023, 09:40 PM

Empire's End, 7 Wonders, Goa, Cyclades and Champions of Midgard.

Old December 3rd, 2023, 08:03 AM

Relearned the rules to Princes of the Renaissance by Martin Wallace. No one was able to come over to play it, but I hope to get it on the table soon for the first time of this redo. I owned and played the original by Warfrog only once years ago. Then after getting rid of it, I rebought it in the new Mercury Games Edition. This is maybe the second or third game I ever purchased twice. One BGG poster said he thought it was Wallace's best historically themed design!

A nice thing about relearning a game after not looking at it for a while is that more experience usually makes a design more acessible, and this happened just now with POR. For the first time I feel like I really understand the rules.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games