Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: No Stickers? What will you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Spoiler Alert!
On that note it's worth pointing out that one MS3 gives you enough stickers to cover two sets of all the uncommons in MS3 and D1.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:49 PM

Unisus Woo who?

Maybe i am looking the wrong way at the whole thing, but somehow it looks to me as if WotC was too generous by giving a sticker-sheet with the MS3 - else nobody would complain about them doing different in the boosters.

As i see it, the addition of a sticker-sheet in a booster pack could be more effort than itīs worth. If the stat-cards are packed automatically, then it would be a hell of an effort, and even if it was done manually it would not be worth it. You must not forget that in such things the cost of the handling can be far more than the cost of the desired items.

there was no need for WotC to add the sticker-sheet in MS3 in the first place. It was just a goodie for us.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Retlaw had a great idea

I keep the stickers from my master set for cards, and I just put a dab of strategic paint on the figures. My trolls have different colored friendship bracelets, The Wyvern has a different colored rock on his base, I used transparent paint to give the GIE different colored eyes. You are only limited by the amount of painting you want to do.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I used a sharpie once I ran out of stickers. But gosh darn it! Why didn't I think of friendship bracelets?!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

The bracelets give me another idea. When I was young and had braces, I had the option of colored rubber bands (I think they were called elastics...). I could throw one of the colored ones on the wrist or around the neck (collar) of a figure...If I still had them...that was 21 years ago.

Another non paint way to go...and a way to give kids reason to hate their braces less

-Ryougabot

Old April 5th, 2010, 04:35 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Anybody who says it is, is selling something (to paraphrase a great movie).
Not to be a contrarian, but isn't it Wizards of the Cost who's trying to sell me something?

I'm going to use name tags. Make 'em a little more personable, flesh the characters out a little.

Old April 5th, 2010, 05:25 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Retlaw had a great idea

This is the best idea, but I am hesitant to make such dramatic differences in figures that I want to all look the same. A little too Starcraft-y, which isn't a bad thing, just not what I'm looking for.

Maybe in gold/bronze/silver. Colored elastic bands will probably be what I do if I bring multiple uncommons to a tournament someday.
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Retlaw had a great idea

This is the best idea, but I am hesitant to make such dramatic differences in figures that I want to all look the same. A little too Starcraft-y, which isn't a bad thing, just not what I'm looking for.

Maybe in gold/bronze/silver. Colored elastic bands will probably be what I do if I bring multiple uncommons to a tournament someday.
The picture was done in photoshop. The real ones were done in non primary colors. The yellow sticker coresponds to a gold bracelet, the red a blood red cord, and the blue coresponds to a steel cuff. They simulate the tone, but do not look as hokey...of course we are talking about a little plastic troll, so some hokeyness is entrained.

-Ryougabot

Old April 5th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

If you don't want to paint colors on your figures and don't have extra stickers from the master set, you can pick up stickers pretty cheap and any office supply store.

Here is a link to Staples for 760 1/4" stickers in four different colors for $4 (that equals 95 pairs of stickers in each of the 4 colors). So this allows you to have 5 of copies of 95 uncommon figures (4 colors + 1 with no sticker = 5).

They also have "see through" stickers that have 860 stickers in the set.
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:19 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't get why Rednax got so much $h!+ for that post. He's right. If the game requires stickers, they should be provided. If your chess set came without a board and included instructions for drawing squares on a piece of paper, you'd be pissed, right?

Rednax, our camp needs a flag. I'm going with the Olympic Flag because it has colored stickers on it already.

Old April 5th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
I don't get why Rednax got so much $h!+ for that post. He's right. If the game requires stickers, they should be provided. If your chess set came without a board and included instructions for drawing squares on a piece of paper, you'd be pissed, right?

Rednax, our camp needs a flag. I'm going with the Olympic Flag because it has colored stickers on it already.

Thank you very much, Spite.

I like the flag, too.
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:31 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post

I don't think that the chess board analogy is a very fair one(Although I apologize if I came off sounding harsh).
If your chess set came with no board, then, your options would be limited to: Trying to find a chess board on, say, eBay(Not a very favorable option), making one out of paper(Not a favorable option either), or using the board from a checkers set(Probably the best option here).
THE STICKERS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO DIFFERENTIATE YOUR UNCOMMONS. Paint, permanent marker, other stickers, necklaces, hats(Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea!), nametags(Good one Shedim!), and other things are all valid ways to differentiate your uncommons from one another.

~Gorthan, wondering where he can find hats for his Feral Trolls......

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion