Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 7th, 2008, 04:59 PM

The Mi-Go 13 knows what's in an order marker The Mi-Go 13 knows what's in an order marker The Mi-Go 13 knows what's in an order marker
Why buy multiple large figure packs?

I'm guessing that there's a really obvious answer that I'm totally missing, but I can't figure out why some folks are buying multiple packs of the large figure expansions. They're all unique figures, right? Is it just to have a couple Oni's (or Krugs or whatever) so your pals can use em as well?

Just curious.
Thanks gang,

M13
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Why buy multiple large figure packs?

When starting a collection, and even after collecting everything, most people will only buy 1 Unique Hero Expansion Set for the reasons you have listed.

You are correct. The only reason to buy multiples is so that your friends can use them, and you can have battles with multiples of them, without being in the same army.
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Reasons for buying multiple Large Hero Expansions:
  1. To have available for others to use in a game.
  2. To archive one for a pristine collection.
  3. To save for the future when they are rare and then sell them.
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

The only double uniques I have are from a second master set.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:04 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yup. Gomolka got that one. I'm hoping to order Nilf's hero pack with my Wave 8 and Ashigaru...hmmm...
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:19 PM

BigBadBruinsMac is surprisingly tart

I bought an extra pack with Isamu in it because he is cheap (and good) and my son usually drafts him.
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
  2. To archive one for a pristine collection.
  3. To save for the future when they are rare and then sell them.
4. To use for customs.
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

5. For prizes in a pinata.

-insert signature here-
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
And to have at two different locations.
One for the home and one to use at the vacation home.

I'm still looking for that second, reasonably-priced set of Orm's.
Passed up an $11 copy at WalMart one day.
Arrgh.
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:52 PM

Bardolph has disabled reputation

To have multiples of the figures to use in the games I play using rules other than Heroscape?
To be able to run demos with multiple games set up?
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Naruto Woo who?

I think most people get two is because they want them in case the other set gets damaged or broken they can use the second one for the future.
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:55 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

To have back-ups available when the kids forget to put them away and the dogs get to them.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion