Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 14th, 2007, 04:14 PM

Marroman13 has disabled reputation
Aaryglynn Battlefeild...

Heroscape.com looks like they removed the map entirely from the site for some reason.

It's listed under scenarios but you can't even see the pic of the map. And whats worse, I might have a game on my hands tonight with some of my local scaper pals .

Also I just finally got a second Valkyrie Stronghold and I have been looking forward to building this map

So here's the problem...I don't have a scenario made up since I just got the set today(didn't even expect it till Friday or later!) and the scenarios on the site are bunk right now.

Does anyone have them saved somewhere or perhaps have a good scenario I might "borrow" so that my evening is'nt as lame as it looks like it's gonna be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys (and gals)

Thanks ahead of time

~Marroman

"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war" ~HSCodex
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/pl/n...dn/default.cfm

The link in the scenerios page never did work...
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:52 PM

Sidion has disabled reputation
i would be interested to hear how your game played out on this map.
I have had three games in it so far and from what i have seen the defender really has their job cut out for them.

in 2 games the defender lost horribly within a few rounds. primarily due to the airborn elite. Being able to drop in behind the castle just caused horrible things to happen to the defender.

I was able to win as the defender once. But a large part of that was my opponents didn't chose army's that could work together and i ended up picking them off bit by bit.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidion
i would be interested to hear how your game played out on this map.
My nephew and I recently played scenario AF1 against GaryLASQ. Gary was the defender and loaded the whole castle roof with roborats and 4th Mass Line. He also had DeadEye Dan, Syvarris, and a few squads of Snipers.

My nephew drafted a number of heroes, knights, and two squads of Minions.

I had under my command 5 squads of Sentinels, Raelin, Concan, Runa, and the Airborne (which turned out to be useless).

Gary's rats nicely tied units down and filled in the holes opened by attacks while I kept trying to get any foothold on the roof. The 4th Mass are in their element holding position along the wall and usually having extreme height making them killer. My nephew (who nearly lacked any flyers) chose to assault the castle along the wall walk rather than the door. This created a bottle neck for him which was a struggle to open up.

Gary did a remarkable job and managed to hold out to the 9th Round (only 3 rounds short of victory) before finally being overrun. It was a long game and we had a lot of fun.
Old April 17th, 2019, 12:03 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Aaryglynn Battlefeild...

Has anyone played this recently? We just tried it tonight and the castle defender (me) was crushed twice. The first time I used 800 +200 as a gift from them, versus their two-person total of 2000. What killed me was their flyers and 6 order markers to my three. I was done in three rounds.

The second game we closed the outer gate and they had to start outside. They also game me an additional 300 points. I found it still impossible to control their flyers with what I had. They have six coming at me every turn. How have people beat this?
Old April 17th, 2019, 09:51 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The only solution i can find is to cover the top with 4th mass and rats wait it out. I don't like this solution since it lacks creativity.
Old April 17th, 2019, 10:08 AM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah I played that scenario recently as the defender and was crushed in much the same way. I really don't think it's balanced for the defender.
Old April 17th, 2019, 10:13 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

FYI, this can be downloaded on Internet Archive looks like it is broken now - I need to upload sometime soon or part of Official Maps and Scenarios PDF.

You can add a Glyph of Rannveig (Wind) instead of Dagmar, and it will force Player 1 to fly down or go through the door and try to take over, and if they hold the glyph it prevents flyers from coming up. Needless to say having a lot of range (Omicron Snipers, archers, etc) and Taelord helps.
Old April 17th, 2019, 10:31 AM

Thanks Lefton, I thought of the glyphs, but the two attackers start next to the glyphs, and if you don't get initiative, you cannot fly down anyway. If they get the glyph, they can step on and off at will and I have to just guess order markers.
I wanted to try some new minis and such, but could not cover the whole top. Without that, the flyers come pouring in. Also, I didn't have four shots per order marker (my mistake). I tried the new rogues (new to me) and they could not get enough shots off. Three minion attacks followed by three sentinel attacks was just too much. Plus Dragons just waiting for enough space to land. I think the biggest problem is 6 order markers to only three. I just don't like only one way to defend it (6 squads of 4th with rielin and taelord). There should be lots of cool ways to do it (defend). What are some other ideas people have?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios