Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:43 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Who is the best Gencon Main Event Player?

I decided to play around a little with the results I have from the last 4 years Gencon's and see if I could create a system to rank all of the players that made it to day 2 of the main event. Here is what I came up with.

Scoring.....some challenges here because there used to be only the top 8 make the second day, but there also used to be less people in the event also. You could go a lot of directions with this...here is what I decided.

With this scoring each person is listed below. With the top 3 being Spider Poison, MattsterTruckRally, & R˙chean. Day 1 wins only includes years when a player advanced to the second day. I would include all day 1 wins, but I have no way to get that information. This list is sorted by points and then day 2 wins to resolve ties. If there is still a tie, day 1 wins is used to resolve. Here are the results...

Not being completely satisfied with this since many people can't attend Gencon every year, I put in the number of years attended and divided the points by this number to give an average number of points per event attended. My apologies if I didn't get the number of years you participated correct. I think that I have most of them right. This gives a different result, helping people who haven't attended every year and showing how well you did the years that you did attend. Matthias moves up to the third spot with this weighted method reflecting that he has only been in the main event once. This different methodolgy put the top 4 as Mattster, Lonewolf, Matthias, and Spider Poison.

Last edited by lonewolf; August 20th, 2009 at 11:00 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con