Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 17th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Converted Skrull Yellowjacket

I have 3 of the 4 available Yellowjacket figs. (at least I have only been able to track down 4 of them).

There is the Secret Invasion Skrull version (have) :

The giant sized version (have) :

The 'tiny, only a clix base' version:

And the Rita DeMara female version (have) :

What I want to do is have at least a 'normal' and 'giant' version of Yellowjacket to use for my Superscape games. Adding in a 'small' version would be extra awesome. The problem is that the only version of a normal sized YJ is either the Rita DeMarra or the Skrull. so I am left with the need to do a conversion. The most likely idea is to do a head-swap with some other fig that is close to YJ and mount it on the skrull YJ body.

Does anybody have any ideas other for converting the Secret Invasion Yellowjacket to a normal, real live human Yellowjacket or suggestions for a suitable head to use in the conversion?

Edit: Here is my modded Yellowjacket.

Last edited by Cavalier; May 18th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Convert Skrull Yellowjacket?

I can't help with your conversion, but I have been hoping that they put out a normal YJ Clix for a long time (or even a tiny one ala Wasp) as he very very rarely was Giant Sized as YJ.

I was hoping the Secret Invasion set would have him both normal and as a skrull, but to no avail.
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
I can't help with your conversion, but I have been hoping that they put out a normal YJ Clix for a long time (or even a tiny one ala Wasp) as he very very rarely was Giant Sized as YJ.

I was hoping the Secret Invasion set would have him both normal and as a skrull, but to no avail.
Yeah, this is one character that I find weird that they have only released 'variants' of. For the huge fig, they should have done Giant Man, not Yellowjacket.
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There is a huge Giant Man.

If they wanted another huge figure, it should have been Pym as Goliath.

You would think that with some of the obscure characters they have done, that Pym would get a little bit more love. Cripes, I think they have a new Spidey in every set.

(And yes, I realize that YJ is about 1/1000th as popular as the Webcrawler, but all we ask is for one "normal" figure of the founder of the Avengers.)
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:14 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I just use the scrull one for normal size and have the face painted yellow which would require more effort on the part of the custom maker, but less than swapping heads. You could use this in combination of the Giant one and just a Heroscape base with a dot on a peg hole be the small version to have three separate swappable figs for the same army card. The card could have all three pics on it for the hit target/LOS section.

Mine is based off of GreyOwl's:
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I just use the scrull one for normal size and have the face painted yellow which would require more effort on the part of the custom maker, but less than swapping heads. You could use this in combination of the Giant one and just a Heroscape base with a dot on a peg hole be the small version to have three separate swappable figs for the same army card. The card could have all three pics on it for the hit target/LOS section.

Mine is based off of GreyOwl's:
Mine is also heavily influenced by Grey Owl's, but I hate the Skrull fig. I also want to have the differing sizes because it really should affect LOS and adjacency.
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Theme Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
You could use this in combination of the Giant one and just a Heroscape base with a dot on a peg hole be the small version to have three separate swappable figs for the same army card.
I suppose this is a thread hijack, but my favorite swap that I use all the time is for my Vision. There is a clear/intangible version as well as he normal version of the same figure and I use them both to show when Vision is intangible or diamond-hard.

Old May 17th, 2010, 04:27 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Another option for small one is have one of the HeroClix bases with a clear stand for the figure and put a yellow dot on the top of the stand and have that be the LOS/hit target.
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:59 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I would think Changing the LOS and To hit areas would be the point of the swaping. As long as the way you change is clear on the card, and the way each figure works is obvious. I say go for it. Playtest it and see if it works.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
I would think Changing the LOS and To hit areas would be the point of the swaping. As long as the way you change is clear on the card, and the way each figure works is obvious. I say go for it. Playtest it and see if it works.

Pete
Oh, I already am. The only question is a good way to convert the ugly Skrull 'Medium sized' figure into a better looking, human Yellowjacket.
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I was thinking a little filing with a needle file and some paint myself.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:42 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

A couple of ideas for you Cav: Marvel Legends has a miniature Yellowjacket, the size is a little smaller than a regular Heroscape figure. It was sold with a 6 inch Wonderman and will be pretty pricey on Ebay. I converted the Skrull Ms. Marvel and it can out fine. I just painted it but it looks like Yellowjacket needs some smoothing out. I would use a exacto or scapel to cut away the wrinkles.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations