Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 27th, 2008, 02:30 PM
has been BANNED

Larry_lovage69 Woo who?
Mechwarrior Converted for Soulborgs

As a collector of pretty much every miniature game that is out there and even some that have died off I was looking a my Mechwarrior Dark Age Special Ability Card, and thought hey this would be great fro some cool upated Soulborg units. As you cna see some of the abilities tied in with old other abilities, but some I just had to kind of work on. I was curious what other people thought and could use any feedback about them.

Camouflage
When this unit is adjacent to any kind of hindering terrain such as ruins or trees, you may add 2 to this units defense dice when defending against ranged attacks.

Evade
This unit is never attacked when leaving an engagement and always adds 1 to its defense dice when being attacked by a ranged attack.

Jump Jets
When counting spaces for this unit's movement, ignore elevations. This unit may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If this unit is engaged when it uses it's jump jets it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Electronic Camouflage
This unit may not be the target of any ranged attacks.

Infiltrate
When preparing the battlefield, place this unit after all players have placed their units without Infiltrate. You may place this unit up to twice this units move value. You may not place this unit initially in any opponents starting area or adjacent to any opponents figure.

Repair
After moving and before attacking, choose a Soulborg unit adjacent to this unit with more than 1 Life. If it has a wound marker on it roll the 20-sided die if you roll a 1-8 nothing happens. If you roll a 9-16 remove one wound marker from. If you roll a 17-19 remove up to three markers. If you roll a 20 remove all wound markers.

Bypass
after moving and before attacking, you may choose any Soulborg unit adjacent to this unit. Roll the 20-sided die if you roll a 20, take control of the chosen figure and that figure's Army Card. You now control that Army Card and all figures on it. Remove any Order Markers on that card. If this unit is destroyed you retain control to any previously Bypassed Army Cards.

Improved Targeting
After this unit attacks and at least one skull is rolled you may re-roll one of the attack dice one time.

Command
Before taking a turn with this unit you may first take a turn with any 1 Soulborg squad unit you control, or any other Unique Soulborg unit you control.

Pulse
If this unit successfully damages a unique figure that is not adjacent and you roll at least one skull you may attack it one additional time.

Grapple
Units may not Disengage from this unit even if it has the disengage special ability.

Alpha Strike
After moving and instead of attacking this unit may use Alpha Strike. Roll the 20-sided die to see if any other figures are wounded. If you roll a 1-3, all adjacent figures are safe. If you roll a 4-15, each adjacent figure receives 2 wounds. If you roll a 16-19, each adjacent figure receives 4 wounds. If you roll a 20, all adjacent figures receives 8 wounds. After using this ability this unit is always destroyed.

Hand-to-Hand Weapon
If this unit attacks a unit that is adjacent you may add 3 to its attack dice.

Rapid Strike
When this unit attacks an adjacent figure and at least one skull is rolled it may attack one additional time.

Agility
When this unit rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

Brawling
When this unit attacks an adjacent figure all skulls rolled count for an additional hit.

Armor Piercing
When attacking a unit that is not adjacent, you may negate the special ability Heavy Armor.

Anti-Personnel
When making a ranged attack roll the attack dice normally, all adjacent figures must then roll defense dice as if they were the target of the attack.

Streak Missiles
When making a ranged attack, this unit's Line Of Sight by objects such as walls, trees or ruins.

Point Defense System
Friendly adjacent Soulborg units adjacent to this unit may use this unit's defense dice number instead of its own. The use of this ability is optional.

Decoy
If this unit is successfully damaged by a ranged attack, the attacker must succeed at damaging a unit a second time. If this is successful use the higher number of wounds rolled.

Heavy Armor
All shields rolled count for an additional block.
Old August 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mechwarrior Converted for Soulborgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_lovage69 View Post
As a collector of pretty much every miniature game that is out there and even some that have died off I was looking a my Mechwarrior Dark Age Special Ability Card, and thought hey this would be great fro some cool upated Soulborg units. As you cna see some of the abilities tied in with old other abilities, but some I just had to kind of work on. I was curious what other people thought and could use any feedback about them.

Camouflage
When this unit is adjacent to any kind of hindering terrain such as ruins or trees, you may add 2 to this units defense dice when defending against ranged attacks.

Evade
This unit is never attacked when leaving an engagement and always adds 1 to its defense dice when being attacked by a ranged attack.

Jump Jets
When counting spaces for this unit's movement, ignore elevations. This unit may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If this unit is engaged when it uses it's jump jets it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Electronic Camouflage
This unit may not be the target of any ranged attacks.

Infiltrate
When preparing the battlefield, place this unit after all players have placed their units without Infiltrate. You may place this unit up to twice this units move value. You may not place this unit initially in any opponents starting area or adjacent to any opponents figure.

Repair
After moving and before attacking, choose a Soulborg unit adjacent to this unit with more than 1 Life. If it has a wound marker on it roll the 20-sided die if you roll a 1-8 nothing happens. If you roll a 9-16 remove one wound marker from. If you roll a 17-19 remove up to three markers. If you roll a 20 remove all wound markers.

Bypass
after moving and before attacking, you may choose any Soulborg unit adjacent to this unit. Roll the 20-sided die if you roll a 20, take control of the chosen figure and that figure's Army Card. You now control that Army Card and all figures on it. Remove any Order Markers on that card. If this unit is destroyed you retain control to any previously Bypassed Army Cards.

Improved Targeting
After this unit attacks and at least one skull is rolled you may re-roll one of the attack dice one time.

Command
Before taking a turn with this unit you may first take a turn with any 1 Soulborg squad unit you control, or any other Unique Soulborg unit you control.

Pulse
If this unit successfully damages a unique figure that is not adjacent and you roll at least one skull you may attack it one additional time.

Grapple
Units may not Disengage from this unit even if it has the disengage special ability.

Alpha Strike
After moving and instead of attacking this unit may use Alpha Strike. Roll the 20-sided die to see if any other figures are wounded. If you roll a 1-3, all adjacent figures are safe. If you roll a 4-15, each adjacent figure receives 2 wounds. If you roll a 16-19, each adjacent figure receives 4 wounds. If you roll a 20, all adjacent figures receives 8 wounds. After using this ability this unit is always destroyed.

Hand-to-Hand Weapon
If this unit attacks a unit that is adjacent you may add 3 to its attack dice.

Rapid Strike
When this unit attacks an adjacent figure and at least one skull is rolled it may attack one additional time.

Agility
When this unit rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

Brawling
When this unit attacks an adjacent figure all skulls rolled count for an additional hit.

Armor Piercing
When attacking a unit that is not adjacent, you may negate the special ability Heavy Armor.

Anti-Personnel
When making a ranged attack roll the attack dice normally, all adjacent figures must then roll defense dice as if they were the target of the attack.

Streak Missiles
When making a ranged attack, this unit's Line Of Sight by objects such as walls, trees or ruins.

Point Defense System
Friendly adjacent Soulborg units adjacent to this unit may use this unit's defense dice number instead of its own. The use of this ability is optional.

Decoy
If this unit is successfully damaged by a ranged attack, the attacker must succeed at damaging a unit a second time. If this is successful use the higher number of wounds rolled.

Heavy Armor
All shields rolled count for an additional block.

I like several of these. I especially like the "Streak Missile" one. The ability to shot around corners would make a figure powerful.

"Alpha Strike" could be considered too powerful. But if the figure is a high enough cost then that's the gamble you take. Especially when you have to destroy him after wards.

I think my favorite is "Camouflage" and "Infiltrate". Both of these have great potential.

Good job. Keep it up, I really like these.
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:44 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

You may enjoy my Battletech converted to Heroscape rules (see link in sig). It's very quick and brutal but still keeps some of the Battletech feel.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old August 28th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For consistency's sake, I'd subtitute the wording of the Monk's or Hulk's leaping for jump jets.
I'd use the standard language from Cyberclaw for "Grapple" and DW 8,000's Rapid Fire Special attack for "Rapid Strike." Oh, and only 1 bonus defense for "camoflage" (same as jungle terrain, only for other terrain features).

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards