Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 22nd, 2015, 09:57 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Update 3/22/15

As I noted above, I had some tweaks and changes to some of my Jandar's Counterintelligence units. Here are the cards for four of them:

Spoiler Alert!

Still need to make a card for Agent Rigg and figure out what I'm doing with Agent Zilar.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old June 24th, 2015, 05:30 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 6/24/15....with Buffy customs!

“In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer.”

Cue: NERF HERDER!

Buffy. Despite some clunker episodes, a few characters I'd rather forget, and a terrible ending, it's still one of my favorite TV shows of all time. We're now rewatching the whole series, introducing it to the boys, which is just reaffirming its general awesomeness.

So why not combine one of my favorite shows with one of my favorite games?

Since getting the figure for Buffy Summers (I'm using the Heroes of Fiction version), I've been theoryscaping some of the other characters from the series and looking for the right minis, or at least, minis that are somewhat suggestive of their characters. These are based on the characters up to Season 3 (so Willow has magic but can't threaten to destroy the world; Spike is devoted to Drusilla but has a complicated relationship with Buffy, etc.)

Here's what I've come up with so far:

Vamps

Angel §. 200 pts. (99% C3G version)
Spoiler Alert!

Spike. 140 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Drusilla. 60 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

The Scoobies

Rupert Giles. 70 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Willow Rosenberg. 60 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Xander Harris. 40 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Oz. 30 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Werewolf Oz. 35 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

These are works in progress, and nothing's been tested, and as always I'm open to suggestions etc. I don't currently have plans for any others (what would I do with Cordelia? Or Anya?) but I could see making Faith, or a Treasure Glyph of Mr. Pointy, or perhaps one of the Big Bads. At any rate, I have plenty of Demons and Undead for the Scoobies to fight for the foreseeable future...

Last edited by IshMEL; June 27th, 2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old June 29th, 2015, 10:37 AM

Updated the Soulborgs, Cyborgs, and Spacefarers group with a new card for Captain M37:

Captain M37 ¤. Soulborg with Homing Missile SA. 120 points.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old July 9th, 2015, 11:54 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've fallen a bit behind here. I guess it's never too late to jump back on.

Captain M37
Is this guy double-based? He'll be pretty good at kiting melee units if he's single based between 6 move and 8 range (double will slow him down overall).

Fort Short-Range Autoload, I'd suggest for you to subtract 1 from the attack and 4 from the range. That is otherwise a powerful ability, especially if you can match it up with height or any other attack bonus. Have you considered making it a special attack instead? It's obviously very powerful but a little limiting in that you want to keep him further away with his low life. His normal attack makes Homing Missile a niche power. Any benefit of it being a special attack is washed over by the fact that it negates the powers of the affected figure.

Overall this guy is solid for 120 points (or 125, which you listed in the text). Keep him shielded behind a screen and he can pick apart incoming squads or heroes with 3 attacks or dismantle units that could otherwise counter him from afar. 120 may actually be a bargain all things considered, although I suspect he'll have a little trouble against ranged units that can bypass his screen and keep out of Short-Range Autoload.
Old July 13th, 2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I used these in a Squad I put together (but haven't tested yet), perhaps this will give you some ideas:

Spoiler Alert!
Love this card. Only change I would look to is to call them Elementars as opposed to plant but that's just to bring them more 'Scapey.
Thanks, AMIS! I have them as "Plants" to fit in with the rest of my forest faction. I never quite understood the "Elementars" species, anyway, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I've fallen a bit behind here. I guess it's never too late to jump back on.
Spoiler Alert!
Thanks for the feedback, Ixe! Always appreciate your stopping by.

Captain M37 is a single-based figure. It's an interesting point on the kiting, and I thought I'd run some numbers on it. There are 19 "fast" ranged units (Move>5, Max Damage Range>4). 9 have a Move below their MDR, 6 have a Move equal to their MDR, and 4 have a Move greater than their MDR: Agent Skahen, Krav Maga Agents, Mimring, and Zelrig. This isn't taking into account the effect of Flying (or base size) on speed. So I think I'll drop his Move to 5, just to be safe. I will also consider reducing the Range on Autoload to be 3, or making it an SA. Probably the latter. He probably should be at 130, but I will have to get him to the table to be sure!

Now, a few new cards, and a new Wizard in the works.

Here's Zalindreh, my "make any Wizard into Sonlen" familiar:
Spoiler Alert!

A new version of the Oak Warriors, this one incorporating the "Animated Plant" power from Ixe's Aubrien Woodkin. I renamed the power, since I have a bunch of "animated plants".

Spoiler Alert!

And the revised Agent Moore. I fixed Coordinated Agent SA as only using other unengaged Agents, since if they're engaged they shouldn't be able to Coordinate, as it were.

Spoiler Alert!

And now my WIP (Wizard-in-Process), Phaestus Cannith, master of the Creation Forge!

I'm getting my first Warforged Soldiers soon. (Well, sort of -- I traded in a bunch of figures to Auggie's, and used some of the credit to get 3 sets of Warforged D&D figures, 2/3 of which are the same sculpt as the "real" WS, which is good enough for me.) Reading a bit on the Warforged, I had the following idea for a Glyph / Hero combination that would work with both the Squad and the Heroes. Has this been done before?

Glyph of Creation Forge
If a Wizard with the Rune of Ghurla special power is on this glyph at the beginning of the round, before rolling for initiative you may reveal an Order Marker on that Wizard's Army Card to choose a previously destroyed Warforged figure from your Army. If it is a numbered Order Marker, the chosen Warforged may be Unique. Place the chosen Warforged figure adjacent to that Wizard.

Phaestus Cannith
Vydar
Human
Wizard
Disciplined?
Life 4
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 2
100 points?

Rune of Ghurla
At the beginning of the game, you may place a Glyph of Creation Forge on a same-level space adjacent to Phaestus Cannith.

For The Creator
Phaestus Cannith adds 1 to his Defense for every adjacent Warforged you control, to a maximum of +2 for this special power.

100 points is mostly a guess. His value is mostly in his ability to work the Forge, and you'll have to keep a couple of Warforged next to him in order to keep him alive.

An interesting piece of trivia regarding the Warforged. This from the Eberron Wiki:
The most important marking for any warforged is their ghurla, a rune distinctive to each warforged which is placed upon their forehead and means "truth" in Primordial.
This reminded me of another "animated matter" creature who is brought to life in the same way, the Jewish Golem:
In some tales (for example, some versions of those of the golems of Chełm and Prague, as well as in Polish tales and version of Brothers Grimm), a golem is inscribed with Hebrew words, such as the word emet (אמת, "truth" in Hebrew) written on its forehead. The golem could then be deactivated by removing the aleph (א) in emet, thus changing the inscription from "truth" to "death" (met מת, meaning "dead"). (
Wikipedia Wikipedia
)
I'm sure this is deliberate on the part of D&D. I still need to make a Rabbi Loew Hero some day... now I just need a 28mm rabbi! In period 16th C dress, of course.

As always, thanks for taking a look!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old July 20th, 2015, 12:55 PM

Another unit I've been noodling on, this one a chainsaw-wielding serial killer.

Jedediah Cobb. 125 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Complete theory-scape on him at this point. "Homicidal Frenzy" is his main power that primarily represents the "serial killer" thing. I'm not sure about the other two powers, which are very "niche" but there for flavor.

Thanks for taking a look!
Old July 20th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Or Jebediah Cobb, you know what I mean...

Christian Bale: 125 seems a wee bit steep, even with the enhanced Frenzy given his poor survivability compared to others in that price range. It Also Cuts Wood is a funny power, and when you're working with a guy with a chainsaw, one niche power is fine.

I'm not so sure about Insanity Defense though... you think he'd have a power more like Eternal Hatred--I'm assuming his loyalties to his comrades is shaky given his mental health. Insanity Defense means that he'll never betray or harm a brother-in-arms, and that doesn't quite speak killer psychopath to me, IMO.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 20th, 2015, 03:19 PM

Re: Or Jebediah Cobb, you know what I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Christian Bale: 125 seems a wee bit steep, even with the enhanced Frenzy given his poor survivability compared to others in that price range. It Also Cuts Wood is a funny power, and when you're working with a guy with a chainsaw, one niche power is fine.

I'm not so sure about Insanity Defense though... you think he'd have a power more like Eternal Hatred--I'm assuming his loyalties to his comrades is shaky given his mental health. Insanity Defense means that he'll never betray or harm a brother-in-arms, and that doesn't quite speak killer psychopath to me, IMO.

~TAF
I like Eternal Hatred as a better "insanity" power. The combination with Frenzy will be interesting. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old July 20th, 2015, 03:40 PM

Re: Or Jebediah Cobb, you know what I mean...

Ah, the dreaded double post!

Last edited by IshMEL; July 20th, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old July 30th, 2015, 06:18 PM

A couple of other figures I've got in draft form, from my recent free haul of figures!

Venoc Striker
Spoiler Alert!

The Elder Tree
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 30th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Venoc Striker: It's strange how he's not a Warlord and thus doesn't get Armoc bonding like the other snake heroes, but I suppose his Viper Frenzy can allow them to take a turn if need be. In that regard, he's sort of a Viper commander who can mix up his Frenzies depending on who you need to take the extra turn with. But he's more likely to Frenzy with himself or the Venocs since they get more chances to continue Frenzying afterwards.

Elder Tree: Nothing groundbreaking, but he does help the Sidhe a great deal by giving them bonus movement and an on-the-go tree. In fact, he's a must-have with them when playing on a map with no trees or bushes. So in that regard, he might be groundbreaking for them.

~TAF, who always appreciates more Ullar love

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 1st, 2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Venoc Striker: It's strange how he's not a Warlord and thus doesn't get Armoc bonding like the other snake heroes, but I suppose his Viper Frenzy can allow them to take a turn if need be. In that regard, he's sort of a Viper commander who can mix up his Frenzies depending on who you need to take the extra turn with. But he's more likely to Frenzy with himself or the Venocs since they get more chances to continue Frenzying afterwards.

Elder Tree: Nothing groundbreaking, but he does help the Sidhe a great deal by giving them bonus movement and an on-the-go tree. In fact, he's a must-have with them when playing on a map with no trees or bushes. So in that regard, he might be groundbreaking for them.

~TAF, who always appreciates more Ullar love

Thanks for your comments!

As for the Venoc Striker, I felt like Megasilver had already done a Warlord with this same figure, and I wanted to try something different. I tend to design around my own collection -- I'm just selfish that way. I can see using OM 2 a lot with him:
OM 1: send out Vipers, hope for Frenzy.
OM 2: move the striker next to the first squad of Vipers, kill off anything they failed to. Use the improved Viper Frenzy odds to launch the squad ahead.
OM 3: bring up another squad?

Of course, all theoryscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards