Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 30th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Ronin Sidekick Workshopping Thread

Ha, Grasshopper is a favorite of mine. That's pretty much what I had in mind for the character as well... I think my draft as a Unique Hero without a secret identity that can respawn or something, but I think going Uncommon and letting you choose your army size is a better idea.
Old April 30th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Ha, Grasshopper is a favorite of mine. That's pretty much what I had in mind for the character as well... I think my draft as a Unique Hero without a secret identity that can respawn or something, but I think going Uncommon and letting you choose your army size is a better idea.
Yeah, I think he should make a good modular filler unit once there's some GLA stuff going.

Speaking of which, I remember we talked briefly about GLA a long time ago and you mentioned that the main thing you could use was a Dinah Soar. Is that still true? Doorman is one I'd like to see escape On Deck someday.
Old April 30th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've got pretty specific plans for the GLA - the leadership, at least. I currently have drafts for Mr. Immortal (as a knock-off Captain America for Rejects), Flat-Man (as a knock-off Mr. Fantastic for Rejects), and Squirrel Girl (though she's gotten so much more famous since I started, I'm sort of reconsidering my initial writeup for her). Big Bertha and Dinah Soar are the two that I don't really have any ideas for.

I think about Squirrel Girl in particular pretty often - she's fairly high on my radar. I'd go something like this:

1) Runaways
2) SamCap/HYDRA Cap
3) GLA
4) Dark Avengers

Though I figure - since you're gunning for the Thunderbolts - I'll probably end up prioritizing the Dark Avengers to help bolster that faction a bit.
Old April 30th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Got it. Thunderbolts are my top priority once Scorpion is in (and hopefully a spell I want to run for the magic release). After the original T-Bolts wrap, I'm going to jump around a little, to try and fill in other themes.

No strict post-T-Bolts ordering for me, because the order I tackle things in is probably going to depend on where I can help most, but I've got something or other I can kick in just about anywhere. I'll see if I can't get a couple Rejects going at some point. Might be helpful to have one or two in place already so you can get rolling on the leadership units.
Old April 30th, 2017, 11:18 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Got it. Thunderbolts are my top priority once Scorpion is in

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 30th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Deadpool set.
Its model number and name are #042 / Grasshopper.

NAME = GRASSHOPPER
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = REJECT
PERSONALITY = EAGER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ~80

A NEW GRASSHOPPER!
Choose one Grasshopper in your army to start the game on the battlefield. You can control only one Grasshopper on the battlefield at a time. At the end of each round, if a Grasshopper in your army was destroyed this round and this Grasshopper has not yet been placed on the battlefield, you may place this Grasshopper on any empty space on the battlefield.

STEALTH LEAP 40
Instead of his normal move, this Grasshopper may use Stealth Leap. Stealth Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Stealth Leap, ignore elevations. This Grasshopper may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. This Grasshopper may not leap more than 40 levels up or down in a single leap. When using Stealth Leap, this Grasshopper will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Bio - The Grasshopper is a code-name shared by several comically short-lived heroes associated with the Great Lakes Avengers. That fancy-looking armor does enhance the wearer's jumping abilities (so much so that one Grasshopper died by jumping out of the Earth's atmosphere), but it's proven time and again to provide little in the way of protection.
That's... actually pretty funny. Not sure how useful he'll be, but hey, he's cheap, and it sounds like he's getting synergy down the line. I think the trickle of Uncommons is probably a better way of working it than a respawning Unique, yeah - makes it distinct from characters who actually do resurrect, and keeps the cost down.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 30th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If he can jump out of the atmosphere, I would make that Stealth Leap 100.
It could actually be useful if we ever see skyscrapers!

Really fun design. I could see his points dropping a bit.
Old April 30th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Symbiotic

He's not gonna be super-useful before more of the GLA synergy pieces fall into place (he may come in a little lower than I have him), but any Grasshoppers after the first one do get mobilized for free. Units that really benefit from cluttering the board up or having more Unique Heroes around will really like that.

EDIT: Stealth Leap 100 is a lot, but it would be pretty funny just to be able to print that on a card.

Not functionally different from Stealth Leap 40 on most maps either.
Old April 30th, 2017, 05:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

As currently worded "A New Grasshopper" allows you to place all your remaining Grasshoppers after the first is destroyed. I think you can kind of backdoor the intended meaning with some clever wording:
A NEW GRASSHOPPER!
If you have already placed a Grasshopper in your army at the start of the game, this Grasshopper does not start on the battlefield. At the end of each round, if all Grasshoppers you have placed on the battlefield have been destroyed and this Grasshopper has not yet been placed on the battlefield, you may place this Grasshopper on any empty space on the battlefield.
Old April 30th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Symbiotic

I thought the "You can control only one Grasshopper on the battlefield at a time." clause would have ruled that out, but I'd be fine with switching to that version to be clearer.
Old April 30th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Stealth Leap 100!
Old April 30th, 2017, 08:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Stealth Leap 100!
I'm actually with you this time. Just for the theme of it if for nothing else. A ridiculously silly height for a ridiculously silly character. Especially since mechanically it's no different on 99.999999% of maps to 40. 40 was probably just picked as no one thought anyone would ever get that high building a map anyway.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy