Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old January 30th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Lucky lucky

Grats Dysole. Both stories were very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Glad you enjoyed it and I am glad I lucked out that you were familiar with Excalibur. I'll try to have something up soon.
Well, for the most part I was lucky enough to know all three of the characters involved, although from what I read Judge Anderson is very different in the original comics than the Anderson from the 2012 movie I saw (although that is still a very enjoyable flick).

~TAF
Yes. The Anderson in the movie is a Rookie where in this story she is at the end of her career so he has changed a lot. The scope of her powers increases as time goes on also. She takes on Lucifer by herself in one comic.

Unfortunately I rushed that one. I wanted to make the deadline and forced it out but I do like what I wrote, it just needed more. Perhaps I will revisit at later date.

Thanks for the cool prompt and consideration.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 2nd, 2016, 02:19 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

~TGRF, keeping it brief. Maybe too brief.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 05:13 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Begin the concerto

~Dysole, ominously
Old February 3rd, 2016, 04:25 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Brevity is the Soul of Wit

Here's your prompt. I'm going one step beyond TGRF's 2 word prompt.

Code:
Make me cry
Limit: 5036. Kudos if you know why I chose that number.

~Dysole, leaving it pretty open ended
Old February 3rd, 2016, 05:28 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Brevity is the Soul of Wit

Quote:
Here's your prompt. I'm going one step beyond TGRF's 2 word prompt.

Code:
Make me cry
Limit: 5036. Kudos if you know why I chose that number.

~Dysole, leaving it pretty open ended
Well. That's going to be tough with only 5036 words. No idea why you chose that number, but I'll see if any ideas come up. What's our deadline?

~TGRF.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 05:49 PM

Heh

Hemingway wrote a sad story in 6. I think you'll be fine. ~_^

~Dysole, who thinks fewer words forces you to make every one count
Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:07 PM

Re: Heh

Quote:

Oh I can certainly do it. It'll just be difficult.

And we're not all Hemmingway.

~TGRF, who feels he's already made a fan fiction for this prompt.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:49 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heh

Quote:

My entry:
Spoiler Alert!

In all seriousness, it's unfortunate I spent all my sadness points in my last entry. I'll let you know if I get any ideas, but if not I might sit this one out.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:56 PM

Short and Sweet

Then be like Dysole TGRF. Dysole didn't crack 2000 words for the last contest and won.

~Dysole, hoping TAF comes up with something
Old February 3rd, 2016, 07:16 PM

Re: Short and Sweet

Quote:
Then be like Dysole TGRF. Dysole didn't crack 2000 words for the last contest and won.

~Dysole, hoping TAF comes up with something
For me it's not the length that is the difficulty (though I'm sure it will be a factor once I get the story down). For me, it's the story itself.
Making someone really sad is no easy task, especially when I essentially know nothing about you. All I have to pull on is what makes me sad, and pouring enough of that into a piece of writing to make it powerful enough is... for lack of a better word: saddening.
I recently did this with my fan fiction The River that was Red. That fan fiction was both easy and difficult to write at the same time. It was easy because I had a clear source to draw from. It was difficult because that source is sadness, something I generally prefer not to fill myself with.
Condensing that source into around 5,000 words is, shall we say, daunting.

HOWEVER, a sad story you wanted, and a sad story you shall get. Give me a few days to get through it.

~TGRF.

EDIT: Still waiting for that deadline though.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 07:35 PM

Dead to Line

You've got a month. I mean I can give examples of stuff that's made me cry before if you want.

~Dysole, tearfully
Old February 3rd, 2016, 07:41 PM

Re: Dead to Line

Quote:
You've got a month. I mean I can give examples of stuff that's made me cry before if you want.

~Dysole, tearfully
I would imagine it would be more powerful if it is something that I've felt, being the writer. After all, a good writer should be able to make the reader feel his sadness, right?

~TGRF, who feels smilies are mandatory to supply a small amount of levity.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction