Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old November 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM

Nobody knows what's in an order marker Nobody knows what's in an order marker
Re: Time For An Overhaul?

Good afternoon,

@MegaSilver
Thank you for the quick reply and the welcome! I'm quite excited to be here.

The thought had occurred to me that the latest pages are probably the well, latest/most up to date. However, since a fair number of people posted their lists before the 5ish page demarcation (and which continually get pushed further back by the frequent posts in the thread) and continue to maintain that original first post rather than repeatedly posting new replies, I found that I need to go back quite a bit to find these posts/signatures/links. This is the very scenario I am trying to alleviate.

Then there are the traders lurking away from the forums who have trade lists of their own dating before the 5ish pages, but have not posted recently enough so I cannot easily see if they have provided a link in their signatures. I've managed to contact some folks from September, and will continue to try my luck with some folks from further back to find what I want.

I don't know if people would mind me consolidating links to their trade lists in one thread), otherwise I would have attempted this already. I don't want to hijack the primary trade thread, just make it more user friendly.

Anyways, this was just a thought into how to make finding other traders a bit more efficient. It would make perusing other peoples' lists a lot easier than having to sift through so many signatures.

Just a thought!
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This thread has been noted by the admins and we are discussing what, if anything, we'll do regarding restructuring.

Ideas are of course always welcome--feel free to add your two cents here--but we can't guarantee we'll act on any of them just yet.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

Dear admins,

One simple addition is the itrader mod for vbulletin, which allows people to give feedaback on trades. It doesn't actually protect anybody, but it allows people to see who has never traded before vs. who has lots of good trades in the past.

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

An energetic person could maintain an index of trade posts.

There are many other such indices on this site, maintained by only one person.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:41 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

If there is a need for an index I would certainly be happy to maintain it.

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; November 4th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:31 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
It would be a lot of work.

--
--
--

--
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:32 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I know, but I have a lot of spare time. And what better to spend my spare time on than helping people. Of course there are people better suited for the job, and if you guys would rather have someone else I understand.
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I know, but I have a lot of spare time. And what better to spend my spare time on than helping people. Of course there are people better suited for the job, and if you guys would rather have someone else I understand.
If you want to do it, I don't see why you shouldn't.

--
--
--

--
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Folks don't need admin permission to start threads they feel would be useful. Poster response should be feedback enough on how useful the thread is.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2012, 11:49 PM

Nobody knows what's in an order marker Nobody knows what's in an order marker

Good evening,

Wow, traction for this idea!

Below is a sample of what I mean. This is just a partial list culled from people's signatures from when I was trying to fill in my own gaps (I have contacted a few of the people below, and am eagerly awaiting the completion of our respective trades). Pardon me if anyone's list shows up here who does not what it shown.

Click for a medium sized list!

By doing this, I could quickly see who needs what, and who has what. For instance, Porkins wants Sacred Band/Armocs, both of which Gurei-Ornery has. beholderthedm has minions with no card, but Ztimster has an extra (in a sleeve too!). The minions Ztimster has can go to buckeyefan837. clembo2021's gorillanators can go to either buckeye837 or n00b. Weapon X's snipers can go to n00b.

The list goes on.

Anyways, this was just an idea. I'd love to contribute what I can, and maybe help manage it. It would also be great if there was a way of showing who updated recently (short of having to PM the manager and waiting until they get around to it) or maybe when they updated.

Again, this is not meant to replace the primary trade thread, just make it easier to navigate.

There are my two cents! I would like some change please =).
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM

Hey all,

Just informing you guys that I won't be able to get the Trade Index thread up until a few more weeks, due to the fact that my computer has taken longer to fix than expected (yes, I'm typing from my phone). Terribly sorry about this guys, I hope to have it up by the end of November, or the beginning of December give or take a few days.

Once again I apologize, you guys deserve better.

~JS, apologetically
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No problem. Thanks for taking the lead on this!

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online