Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old March 10th, 2016, 12:22 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Streaming?

So I've been thinking off and on about starting to stream various games, so it's brought up some questions. Well, first, does anyone know either anyone that streams (I think @Eraguy816 does, but I'm not sure), or does anyone on here stream? I still have some stuff I need to get and all that before I even start, but it would be helpful to know some stuff. Secondly, what do you guys think would be good to stream? I think (and this is my current thought process), I might stream on Twitch, then put highlights, or the walkthroughs I do on there. But anyways, I have a list of videogames I've been thinking of doing (some of the esports like Super smash bros, hearthstone, lol, etc. mixed with regular videogames), and I was thinking of also doing some of the competitive games I play (like online tourney games maybe along with some tutorials and such maybe. The main games I was thinking was Heroscape, Summoner Wars, Monsterpocalypse, MTG, and maybe Ashes (is that considered a competitive game? I'm not sure), so any suggestions on that front?. Anyways, it's hopefully gonna be a symbiosis of sorts, where my stream can get me noticed by esports, or my stream can get noticed more because of esports, or because of my game release, so I dunno. I mainly just wanna have fun with it, and maybe make some money from it. Just wanted to talk about my plans and get some suggestions. (And maybe in the future, I can play against some of you guys. Right now I need a computer of my own although I should be getting that soon, need to figure out my internet, and get a mic and capture card).
TLDR: So the main thing is, any streamers that I can learn from? What games do you want to see (videogames or physical, although I want to start with the older videogames and the board games due to trying to break out and not have to fight with those who already established)? Those are my two main questions.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 10th, 2016, 08:12 AM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Streaming?

Some popular streamers you could watch for tips are, VoyBoy, C00lStoryJoe, CaptainSparkelz, Huni? I'm sorry that I only know League Streamers.

Video software would be like OBS, Or Shadowplay.

You could either use a mic or a headset. I don't know of a good headset used by streamers. But for Microphones I would suggest either a Blue Microphone's Snowball iCE.

Does that answer both your questions?

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

in the Epic Fairyland Cave
Old March 15th, 2016, 02:12 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I stream on twitch on my xb1, maybe an average of once a week, but sporadically. Twitch account is: legend_of_wiker

I honestly think my twitch following is only about 15 people. Obviously on xb1, I stream a few games: my favs currently are rocket league, Jackbox party pack, and van helsing. I don't stream to be popular, I just stream whatever I feel like doing. One game I absolutely love streaming is Jackbox party pack, it is very interactive with and accessible to the audience. Viewers can join the game on their mobile devices if they have an internet connection.

Too many RL issues for me be more serious: school, work, wife, internship, internet down/up is something like 5mb/1mb, computer streaming sort of out of the question when I have only a decent laptop (when I graduate school I really want to drop ~700 to build myself a desktop and then another 150 on a monitor, but my wife is not happy with the idea.)

As for microphone, I use a turtle beach, not even sure of the model, and I only use it on the xb1, but I bet if I tried hard enough I could get it to work on my PC, hoping its just a matter of getting drivers.

Streaming (especially via pc) is a totally new world for me. I know it can be very heavy on the cpu/motherboard, and then you need ports for things like camara, mic, capture card, etc. Internet speed might be a bottleneck (sure is for me.) Make sure you know your pc/hardware and probably even your software!

If you are considering twitch, you should also consider Youtube! You can have twitch SAVE your streams for a temporary time (I believe it is two weeks,) and download those videos to your computer, and then upload it to your Youtube channel! Be mindful that this will murder HDD space, but you can probably delete the videos off of your HDD once they are safely uploaded to Youtube. On top of that, there is an option to notify Youtube followers of when you start streaming on Twitch (I think...)
<<<<<(I currently have this sort of deal set up, I just don't put the videos on Youtube)>>>>>

I would love to stream heroscape, never even thought of it. I would totally watch a stream if I was around to catch it. Perhaps I will put streaming on a list of things to do in the near future...

Regardless, my advice would be: have fun, don't make it about money, viewers will see right through it. Have fun and enjoy doing whatever you are streaming.
Old March 15th, 2016, 02:33 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Check out streambig.net

It's a site run by a fairly successful streamer and self-proclaimed sellout, IAteYourPie. It will give you a TON of info as to how to begin the journey, grow your stream, things you'll need, having fun, and most importantly, protecting yourself.

As someone who spends quite a bit of time viewing Twitch, you will have a hard time standing out if you stream in a vacuum. If you're streaming a game like LoL, you're going to go unnoticed at first unless you're a top tier player. Same goes for smash and speedrunning. You're diving into a very saturated market. Finding new streamers is tough when several hundred people are doing the same thing.

Board games, while very niche, are growing at a rapid place. There are only a handful of good board game streamers (Geek n Sundry, Playing Board Games, Late to the Table). If you use the communities you have available to you and hang out in these channel's chat rooms, you can reach the viewers you want.

Post here if you decide to do it. There is a good amount of loyal Heroscapers here who would certainly watch a live play. 23K people have watched Vasel play his daughter. Viewers will come if you stick with it.
Old March 16th, 2016, 10:43 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
Check out streambig.net

It's a site run by a fairly successful streamer and self-proclaimed sellout, IAteYourPie. It will give you a TON of info as to how to begin the journey, grow your stream, things you'll need, having fun, and most importantly, protecting yourself.

As someone who spends quite a bit of time viewing Twitch, you will have a hard time standing out if you stream in a vacuum. If you're streaming a game like LoL, you're going to go unnoticed at first unless you're a top tier player. Same goes for smash and speedrunning. You're diving into a very saturated market. Finding new streamers is tough when several hundred people are doing the same thing.

Board games, while very niche, are growing at a rapid place. There are only a handful of good board game streamers (Geek n Sundry, Playing Board Games, Late to the Table). If you use the communities you have available to you and hang out in these channel's chat rooms, you can reach the viewers you want.

Post here if you decide to do it. There is a good amount of loyal Heroscapers here who would certainly watch a live play. 23K people have watched Vasel play his daughter. Viewers will come if you stick with it.
Right that's partially why I decided to go for the niches of older games and competitive board games. Both have bigish followings, and I can hopefully expand (by doing things like speedruns and other challenges or into other games). I will certainly post here if I decide to do it guys, and I am considering putting stuff on Youtube (certainly the walkthroughs and maybe highlights), just not sure if I can deal with Youtube's constant takedown of stuff.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General