Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 30th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Indianapolis Road Construction - UPDATE WEDNESDAY AM

UPDATE - This morning (Wednesday) a tanker rolled over on I-465 at the Crawfordsville Road exit (west side of Indianapolis at I-74 interchange). Parts of the road are closed and hazmat crews are working. No definite time on when the closed portions will re-open, but they don't expect it to be until after noon.

From the limited information on the news, it appears that the ramps from I-74 to I-465 are all open at this time.

INDOT (INdiana Department Of Transportation) is doing a lot of work around Indianapolis (trying to get it all done for some big football game in February 2012).

West side:
The I-70/I-465 interchange is being completely redone. There are lane restrictions on I-70 (if you hit it at rush hour expect delays). If you are on I-465 going south and want to get on I-70, use Sam Jones Expressway (there are signs)

The I-74/I-465 interchange is also being completely redone. I haven't been through there for awhile, but last time I was, all exits were still open, but some were on temporary roads.

South side:
IN-37 has a lot of construction - avoid it if you can. Best way would be to use IN-67.

East side:
They are widening I-70 east of Indianapolis. Expect slow downs in the construction zone.

North side:
Haven't been up there for quite a while, so don't know of any major construction.

Unexpected:
Due to the current heat wave, people have been putting a high demand on the city water system (watering lawns, etc.) and this has resulted in a lot of water main breaks around town. It seems like about every other night there is a report of a street closed to repair a water main. None of these have been downtown (yet).

EDIT - one more item. Watch your speed in the work zones. The police just purchased a Dodge Ram truck (looks just like the ones INDOT uses in the construction zones - even has INDOT markings) and are using it to patrol the work zones and pulling over speeders.

Last edited by Retlaw; August 3rd, 2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old July 30th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Indianapolis Road Construction

For those coming from WI, IL, MN or the UP, the I-80/94 and I-65 interchange is a cluster....

If you are able, I would strongly suggest going through Gary instead of sitting in traffic. It probably barely saves 3 minutes, but at least your actively driving through a city instead of sitting in frustrating traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

UPDATE - This morning (Wednesday) a tanker rolled over on I-465 at the Crawfordsville Road exit (west side of Indianapolis at I-74 interchange). Parts of the road are closed and hazmat crews are working. No definite time on when the closed portions will re-open, but they don't expect it to be until after noon.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Based on recent news reports, the ramps from I-74 to I-465 are open. The ramp from Crawfordsville road to northbound I-465 is still closed (shouldn't affect anyone coming into Indianapolis from out of town).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con