Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 31st, 2009, 08:08 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Base a Competitive Army Around: Jotun

But the extra defense is so important for Jotun. Going from 4 to 5 defense boosts his survivability by over 30% against attacks of 3. That's a pretty big gain when dealing with a 225 point figure.
Old February 24th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

*chuckle*

And here I am again trying to redeem the biggest baddest hero in all heroscape. This time it's an army designed around giving the Feral Troll a broken landdscape littered with synergy-less figures to clean up:

Zelrig 185
Jotun 225
Feral Troll 90
500/6

It's all about leading with Zelrig, following with Jotun and cleaning up with the Troll. A maximum chaos army with extremely simply OM management as well as immunities derived from everyone being huge.

~Aldin, resurrecting Jotun's thread

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 24th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
*chuckle*

And here I am again trying to redeem the biggest baddest hero in all heroscape. This time it's an army designed around giving the Feral Troll a broken landdscape littered with synergy-less figures to clean up:

Zelrig 185
Jotun 225
Feral Troll 90
500/6

It's all about leading with Zelrig, following with Jotun and cleaning up with the Troll. A maximum chaos army with extremely simply OM management as well as immunities derived from everyone being huge.

~Aldin, resurrecting Jotun's thread
I would be very interested in seeing how it would do against 4x 4th Mass, or Deathreavers.

Plenty of special attacks, but reavers can tie them up.

I really like this army and might have to use it at the next 500 point tournament.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:55 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

This is another cool Heroscape character I always try to make competitive. I like Aldin's army alot, reminds me of a friend of mines Charos/Zelrig army he plays alot. As far as Jotun what do you guys think of

Jotun
PKx3
Johnny Shotgun

Special attack, anti-range to thin out squads, then Jotun against Heroes/cleanup.

Or, if you want all heroes you could try

Jotun
Sonlen
Raelin
James Murphy(or zettians for a squad)
540(535)
Raelin makes Jotun that much harder to wound, Sonlen gets the 3rd order marker to heal the big guy and kill. James is cleanup or a longer range special. You could also add the zettians to have two attacks from 7 range, and with raelin's aura they may be hard to get rid of.

Dustin

Last edited by vertigosmooth; May 21st, 2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: more army ideas!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:12 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

Well, its been a while since this thread was posted. But anyways-
Jotun- 225/500
Tornak- 325/500
Blade gurts (2)- 405/500
Marro warriors- 455/500
Deathreavers- 495/500
20 hex.

The goal of this army is to blitz, and then fall back. Tornak is quite fast with a move of seven, and the orc's have a move of 6. With disengage, you can easily move through rat podges, and destroy some tron/sniper teams. With that, you can attack those guys along the way, and do some damage to some of your opponents heros. They wont last very long if your opponent's team is full of ranged units however. Another positive to this is that you can grab glyphs while charging.
After this, move in with Marro Warriors. They should try to gain hight, and rain fire down on more dangerous units.
After this, get your rats out in a medium semi-circle around Jotun, who can take down remaining squads and heroes easily.

This army does come with some flexibility though as well. The rats and Jotun could come out first if your opponent has some large squad killers, or you need to take an important glyph back.

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old January 26th, 2011, 06:09 PM

dafe31 is surprisingly tart

I was just trying to come up with a Ullar army featuring Jotun, who just doesn't get much play around my house with his 225 point pricetag. Here's what I had in mind:

Jotun 225
Mittens 345
Armoc Vipers 410
Aubriens 480
Kyntela 500

Run the elves and their princess up to high ground for future use, and then quickly get the Vipers out into the field to start tying up any ranged threats. Then march the big man through the middle of the mayhem, going after the enemy's biggest threat. The elves and possibly Mittens should be able to take care of whatever cleanup is left.

I know that this is a 500 point thread, but we may go 550. I'm thinking Arkmer on the hilltop with the other elves, but I can't decide if I might be better off dropping Kyntela for another set of Aubriens. Either way, it'll be good to dust off Jotun.

DAFE31
Old January 30th, 2019, 07:46 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reopening this old post. Is anyone still running Jotun in competitive 500 point armies? I like to run non customs and play around with interesting characters.
Old January 30th, 2019, 08:23 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

my favorite competitive Jotun army is Jotun and Cutters x4 for 425.

that doesn't translate up to 500 too well though
Old January 30th, 2019, 08:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't really think that Jotun is competitive without customs. C3V's Dreadgul Raiders make him a lot better, but he still isn't durable enough for his cost, and I've never seen him do enough damage (even with 8 attack) to make up his points. He's a fun unit, for sure, but there are others that fill his role better for less points.
Old January 31st, 2019, 09:46 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

He's underrated in my opinion.

I like:

Jotun 225
Rats x4 160
AE 110

For 500. Also:

Jotun 225
Venocs x5 200
Zetacron 60
Ninja 10

That one looks really fun. Roll with venocs and swarm the crap out of your opponent and then make them face the giant. If you run into Q9 you have Jotun/Zeta.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion