Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 20th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Rich10, you're missing the point. Part of the original post says NOT to go with tier 1 armies. Part of the clear intent of the thread is NOT to argue with whether or not your army could be beaten by the following army. The point is to have fun playing with HS figure synergies. Personally, I think it's most fun when you manage to suggest something that ought to work, but uses oddball unit combinations to accomplish it.

For example, I was going to post a counter to the Marrden Hound army with Major X17 in it - he's a perfect counter, but one we rarely think of.

~Aldin, pondering clancampbell's soulborg slide

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Rich10, you're missing the point. Part of the original post says NOT to go with tier 1 armies. Part of the clear intent of the thread is NOT to argue with whether or not your army could be beaten by the following army. The point is to have fun playing with HS figure synergies. Personally, I think it's most fun when you manage to suggest something that ought to work, but uses oddball unit combinations to accomplish it.

For example, I was going to post a counter to the Marrden Hound army with Major X17 in it - he's a perfect counter, but one we rarely think of.

~Aldin, pondering clancampbell's soulborg slide
I do not see that in the original post. Still, it is more fun to win with "less used" figures.

As a non traditional counter to
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30

I would go with
Roman Archers x 4 220
Obsidian Guards x 2 200
Ashigaru Yari x 2 80

The volley attack of the Archers should give problems to the heros. The Obsidians are a strong (but overpriced) melee force. The Yari can encircle and do clean up.

Last edited by Rich10; July 20th, 2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30

I would go with
Roman Archers x 4 220
Obsidian Guards x 2 200
Ashigaru Yari x 2 80

The volley attack of the Archers should give problems to the heros. The Obsidians are a strong (but overpriced) melee force. The Yari can encircle and do clean up.
Beautiful, Rich10; that's the spirit. A very weak army in general, that nevertheless has great structural advantages over its opponent.

To counter that, I'll go with

130 DW8k
120 Ashigaru Harqebus x2
60 Izumi Samurai
80 Thorgrim TVC
110 Brunak
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:44 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

130 DW8k
120 Ashigaru Harqebus x2
60 Izumi Samurai
80 Thorgrim TVC
110 Brunak
Ok, lets try...
Templar Cavalry (D+) x 2 240
Warden 816 (C-) 90
Zettian Guards (C) 70
Dumutef Guard x 4 (C) 100

The Templars should be able to take out DW8k and maybe Brunak. Just keep them away from the Harqebus. Warden 816 can attack the Izumi with range or use a special melee attack. The Zettians should have additional movement and should be able to out-range the Harqebus (to avoid WTF). The Dumutef Guards should be able to take out Thorgrim. and do cleanup.
Old July 20th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30

I would go with
Roman Archers x 4 220
Obsidian Guards x 2 200
Ashigaru Yari x 2 80

Beautiful, Rich10; that's the spirit. A very weak army in general, that nevertheless has great structural advantages over its opponent.

130 DW8k
120 Ashigaru Harqebus x2
60 Izumi Samurai
80 Thorgrim TVC
110 Brunak
Theracus 40
DW7K 100
Gladiatrons x2 160
Blastatrons x2 120
10th x1 75

Theracus flies out with DW in tow 2 OMs, then on the third DW walks out and explodes, leaving Samurai body parts strewn across the battlefield along with chunks of Deathwalker 8K. Gladiatrons cruise over via bonding and lock down the remaining Samurai, Thorgrim, and Theracus flies to take out Brunak until the 10th can come up and stab him mercilessly with their bayonets. Anyone left gets homing deviced and bayonetted to death.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 20th, 2009, 09:01 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Drake 170
Gurei Oni 100
DW7k 100
EOV 100
Guilty 30

I would go with
Roman Archers x 4 220
Obsidian Guards x 2 200
Ashigaru Yari x 2 80

130 DW8k
120 Ashigaru Harqebus x2
60 Izumi Samurai
80 Thorgrim TVC
110 Brunak
Krug
Krav
Eldgrim
Mbs
Marcus
2x legos

Eldgrim charges in on a suicide mission and speeds up krug. The krav take out the ashigaru and anyone else they can manage. Krug takes out dw8k and (hopfully) brunak. Mbs can stare the izumi to remove counterstrike while marcus and the legos swarm thorgrim and anyone else who remains.

I love it when a plan comes together!
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The Ashigaru Army can be potent. I challenge with:

Nakita Agents 120
2xG'Nators 180
2xDeathstalkers 200
21/500

~Aldin, who likes this army a lot vs. anything without multiple special attacks

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM

heroscapenoobs Woo who?

Quote:
Nakita Agents 120
2xG'Nators 180
2xDeathstalkers 200
21/500

I might not be very good at this but...

I think I would take:
Braxas
Major Q9
Krug (only if thats not too many points)

1. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
2. It matters not whether you win or lose; It matters whether I win or lose.
3. I smile because I have no idea what is going on.
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscapenoobs View Post
Quote:
Nakita Agents 120
2xG'Nators 180
2xDeathstalkers 200
21/500

I might not be very good at this but...

I think I would take:
Braxas
Major Q9
Krug (only if thats not too many points)
Over shoots by 10 points. Maybe swap Braxas for Nilfy or Zelrig to keep the same feel for a few less points.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
The Ashigaru Army can be potent. I challenge with:

Nakita Agents 120
2xG'Nators 180
2xDeathstalkers 200
21/500

If you hadn't put in the quote, "who likes this army a lot vs. anything without multiple special attacks", I would have gone with a DW8K based counter. Without the multiple special attacks, this may work.

Venoc Vipers x 4 160
Aubrian Archers x 3 210
VW 120

The strategy would be to hit the Nakitas hard and repeatedly with the Venoc Vipers recognizing that some will be lost to engagement strike. After one or better two are taken out, focus on the Gorillinators and Deathstalkers. With VW, the VV and AA will have a 30% chance of frenzy.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:01 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Venoc Vipers x 4 160
Aubrian Archers x 3 210
VW 120

The strategy would be to hit the Nakitas hard and repeatedly with the Venoc Vipers recognizing that some will be lost to engagement strike. After one or better two are taken out, focus on the Gorillinators and Deathstalkers. With VW, the VV and AA will have a 30% chance of frenzy.
Q9's too easy here... so I'll take...

10th Reg x3 225
Sacred Band x2 100
Parmenio 90
Isamu 10
James Murphy 75
23/500

Sacred Band + Parmenio gets a max of 5 attacks per turn (nothing to sneeze at when you have twelve figures (over half the amount of figures in the army) with zero defense) and bars the way to the 10th. The 10th have a max of 4 attacks per turn and the range to take on the Aubriens. They also have no problem fighting off any Venocs who happen to get by the SB. Isamu and James Murphy are really just fillers... but if I happen to need them they both should hold up quite well.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Zelrig 185
Nilfheim 185 (370)
10th Regiment Of Foot 130 (500)

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion